Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:54 pm 

Eat in 80% of the time.

Love to cook, never have the time.

Vacation is the only time, I have time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:20 pm 

We are big fans of Stouffer's frozen meals...when we need some "comfort" food on vacation...it is a frozen meatloaf, Bob Evan's frozen mashed potatoes and green beans kind of meal. We, also, love the lasagne with garlic bread and salad...In Surfside, Sophia's does carry out orders...sometimes, their hot dogs and fries are just what we need and we can eat while still enjoying the pool at the house...oh and we use a lot of paper plates and plastic ware...no dishes...and a requirement for any where we stay... is an automatic dishwasher if we do have any dishes!!! :sunny:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:06 am 

We do about half out and half in. All our breakfast and lunch meals we ate in or had sandwiches made for the beach. For dinner I made tacos, lasagna and we stopped one night at Eugene Platt's Seafood and got shrimp. Made an EASY recipe one night.....I will share it because it is so easy and so good. Also bought some salad at Boulineau's and French Bread for an easy and yummy meal! (Also on a side note if you call ahead they will steam your seafood for you)

Black Pepper Shrimp

2 pounds of uncooked shrimp unpeeled
1 stick of real butter
3 tbsp minced garlic
Fresh Ground Pepper

Place shrimp in shallow baking dish while preheating oven to 450 degrees. Melt butter, add garlic and saute for 3 minutes. With a heavy hand pepper shrimp, add butter and garlic mixture, stir well, add more black pepper. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stir shrimp and place back in oven for 4 - 5 more minutes, stir and mix in more black pepper.

Use sliced french bread to dip into the butter and garlic mix you have in the pan from the shrimp.

A great easy meal!!! :hello:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:11 am 

thannam73 wrote:

Black Pepper Shrimp

2 pounds of uncooked shrimp unpeeled
1 stick of real butter
3 tbsp minced garlic
Fresh Ground Pepper

Place shrimp in shallow baking dish while preheating oven to 450 degrees. Melt butter, add garlic and saute for 3 minutes. With a heavy hand pepper shrimp, add butter and garlic mixture, stir well, add more black pepper. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stir shrimp and place back in oven for 4 - 5 more minutes, stir and mix in more black pepper.

Use sliced french bread to dip into the butter and garlic mix you have in the pan from the shrimp.

A great easy meal!!! :hello:

Can you just cook this on top of the stove or do you have to put it in the oven for the 5 min...our oven is broke down south :tongue3:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:19 am 

I have never tried it, but I don't see why not!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:41 pm 

It's my husband who loves to eat out! Every year we say we are eating in more at the beach ( the evening meal) BUT it usually doesn't turn out that way.

We will eat out maybe once for breakfast and most nights for supper. Emmy I know what you mean about getting ready. By 3 30 its up to the room to get ready, and I think the best time is toward evening on the beach. This year, we can do lunch maybe and spend the rest of the day doing whatever.

He says I spend too much time by the water, if I'm there at 9 am 3 30 is long enough. so I give in. I could sit there with a book all day.

Here's my plan. He loves to eat breakfast out the most. So I'll take him to breakfast every day and then I'll make something quick for supper. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 pm 

Cathy wrote:

Here's my plan. He loves to eat breakfast out the most. So I'll take him to breakfast every day and then I'll make something quick for supper. :lol:

BRILLIANT :hello: !!