Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vehicle dilemma
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:59 pm 

We are thinking of renting either a Chrysler Town and Country, or a Dodge Caravan. Do you think 6 people and all the luggage will fit? Anyone have either type of these vehicles? I think I can pull it off, but everyone else thinks it won't work. Any feedback please?

Post subject: Re: Vehicle dilemma
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:20 pm 

Myrtlebeachbum wrote:
We are thinking of renting either a Chrysler Town and Country, or a Dodge Caravan. Do you think 6 people and all the luggage will fit? Anyone have either type of these vehicles? I think I can pull it off, but everyone else thinks it won't work. Any feedback please?

I would spend $40 bucks and buy a soft cargo carrier to put on top. This one here has pretty good reviews considering the cheaper price http://www.amazon.com/Highland-1038900-cu-ft-Rainproof-Storage/dp/B003SWNVI0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1370743891&sr=8-6&keywords=highlander+soft+carrier. Kirkg from this board recommended it. I got this exact one nib on eBay the other day for around $34 to the door. Just missed one the day before with a damaged box that went for $18 to the door :BandHead: .

Make sure what you rent has roof rack though. Two of my kids are riding down with my parents this year, and even though that will make room in the back of the expedition for luggage we are still putting what we can up top. I hate having to pile the inside of the car full of luggage. Would make for a much better ride to the beach for everyone.