Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:25 am 

Hey guys! As you probably know this year when i'm in MB, I will be on my honeymoon. I know there are a TON of things to do in MB, but we usually just sit on the beach, go to dinner, and play mini golf. I'm trying to find some other things to do to have more fun on our honeymoon!

I'm already going to make a resveration for one of the Kayak tours up in Cherry Grove. What other cool things are there to do? I don't want to stray TOO far from MB as my fiance commutes 160 miles a day and isn't really a fan of being in the car all that much..

Thanks!!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

Go to a show....but instead of the Palace, Opry, or Alabama, head to the local Carolina Improv. We laughed ourselves silly here, and because it's something local and beachy, you'll remember it a long time.
http://www.carolinaimprov.com/

A drink at sunset. Try the Gulf Stream Cafe in Garden City Beach. Avoid the restaurant and walk up the stairs to the deck. Order a favorite beverage and give each other a toast at sunset:
""Let your love endure beyond the last sunset." CHEERS!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:47 pm 

Patrish wrote:
Quote:
A drink at sunset. Try the Gulf Stream Cafe in Garden City Beach. Avoid the restaurant and walk up the stairs to the deck. Order a favorite beverage and give each other a toast at sunset:
""Let your love endure beyond the last sunset." CHEERS!

What a lovely idea, Patrish! Both suggestions would be good for anyone (even those not on a honeymoon!), but I love the sentiment you gave her for the toast! :love1:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:30 pm 

Thanks Patrish!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:09 pm 

ScarletBegonias wrote:
Hey guys! As you probably know this year when i'm in MB, I will be on my honeymoon. I know there are a TON of things to do in MB, but we usually just sit on the beach, go to dinner, and play mini golf. I'm trying to find some other things to do to have more fun on our honeymoon!

I'm already going to make a resveration for one of the Kayak tours up in Cherry Grove. What other cool things are there to do? I don't want to stray TOO far from MB as my fiance commutes 160 miles a day and isn't really a fan of being in the car all that much..

Thanks!!

Tides have a lot to do with your kayak tours. High tide the marsh is full of water giving you access to "trails" through the grass, back into creeks behind the island and to the island.
Low tide you can't even get to the grass. Limited to the main channel behind the Cherry Grove houses up to the island. More time on the island than in the kayak. Still a good tour. The island at low tide you have close to two miles of 100 yard wide beach giving you some of the best shell hunting you'll get.

Wait until you get there and call booking a certain day or night you'll have to settle for what ever the tides that day give you.
Looking for a specific tour like the romantic couples tour you should start contacting them now. They could look into their magic crystal tide chart ball and maybe narrow down which end of the week would give you the best chance of perfect tour.

Between the drive north and the tour you'll be burning 4-5 hours if not more. Instead of looking at it as half a day why not add a couple more stops to the drive and make a day trip out of it.
If budget allows and willing to go extreme. Inlet Point Plantation has horseback rides in same general area as the kayak tours. Horses, lunch, kayaks.....Long day.

More laid back. Few minutes farther north on RT 17. Calabash. Could kill an hour or longer at Callahan's. He could get lost in nautical or hot sauce section and you could search for your first Christmas ornament.
Driving up Ocean Blvd to boat ramp you'll pass Cherry Grove pier. Beach trip isn't complete without a pier walk. Here ya go. Two story observation deck at the end. Boardwalk Café for a quick sandwich and cold drink.
You've probably heard several of us talk about Basil's pizza. You'll be driving right by them. Might be your only chance to give them a try.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

Pretty good creative thinking for a guy, Alan! :beerchug:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:12 pm 

pop2748 wrote:
ScarletBegonias wrote:

Thanks!!

Tides have a lot to do with your kayak tours. High tide the marsh is full of water giving you access to "trails" through the grass, back into creeks behind the island and to the island.
Low tide you can't even get to the grass. Limited to the main channel behind the Cherry Grove houses up to the island. More time on the island than in the kayak. Still a good tour. The island at low tide you have close to two miles of 100 yard wide beach giving you some of the best shell hunting you'll get.

Wait until you get there and call booking a certain day or night you'll have to settle for what ever the tides that day give you.
Looking for a specific tour like the romantic couples tour you should start contacting them now. They could look into their magic crystal tide chart ball and maybe narrow down which end of the week would give you the best chance of perfect tour.

Between the drive north and the tour you'll be burning 4-5 hours if not more. Instead of looking at it as half a day why not add a couple more stops to the drive and make a day trip out of it.
If budget allows and willing to go extreme. Inlet Point Plantation has horseback rides in same general area as the kayak tours. Horses, lunch, kayaks.....Long day.

More laid back. Few minutes farther north on RT 17. Calabash. Could kill an hour or longer at Callahan's. He could get lost in nautical or hot sauce section and you could search for your first Christmas ornament.
Driving up Ocean Blvd to boat ramp you'll pass Cherry Grove pier. Beach trip isn't complete without a pier walk. Here ya go. Two story observation deck at the end. Boardwalk Café for a quick sandwich and cold drink.
You've probably heard several of us talk about Basil's pizza. You'll be driving right by them. Might be your only chance to give them a try.

Wow!!! This is quite a list! Thank you! Maybe we will make a day out of it and take the trip north. Sounds great!