Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October weather
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:47 am 

We normally visit in August, and with the kids off to college we can visit off-season. Before we had kids we visited in September and loved it both weather and crowd-wise, but can't do September, so we are visiting the first full week in October (5th-12th). Other than it getting dark on the early end, what can we expect weather-wise? We are beach walkers and pool-users (mostly to cool off, so it will have to be pretty warm out).

Post subject: Re: October weather
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:44 am 

I've been in October and it's been beautiful - even better weather than when we go in May most years! It's warm enough to swim yet - there is one unheated pool that is too cold for us, but the heated/outdoor ones are fine. The ocean is still warm enough to wade around in, too. We've had more rain in May than Oct - and thankfully only one year had a "tropical disturbance" cause some minor hassles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:33 pm 

We've been going to Myrtle Beach the second week in October for at least 15 years and most of the time the weather is great. High temperature is usually 70 to 80, and the night time lows are around 60, sometimes down to 55 so a jacket or sweater is nice for outside. I usually take a pair of jeans as a precaution but don't remember ever wearing them -- I'm always in shorts. There should be plenty of sunshine although it's usually dark at 7 pm -- which seems strange at the beach. There may be a rainy day or two, but usually the rain comes and goes rather quickly. Have a great trip! You will enjoy MB in October.

Jack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:21 am 

We have had Oct. weather here in Kentucky today. Hopefully that doesn't mean that Oct. is going to feel like November or December. :lol:

Hondo wrote:
There should be plenty of sunshine although it's usually dark at 7 pm -- which seems strange at the beach.

Jack

Deanna posted a restaurant pic from the Murrels Inlet area a while back and it was odd seeing the restaurant signs lit up. I had never been in that area at night considering it doesn't get dark until after 9 pm in the summer months. Looked totally different than what it does during the day. I will miss the extended day time when it ends here shortly.