Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:56 pm 

Have to put this up because it was such a surprise to us. We were needing lunch one day before we made the grocery run and I decided to call Uncle John's as it is directly across the street from the Dayton House as well as they gave us a discount from being in the Dayton House (they had a list of nearby hotels they offered a discount to, 10% I think.)

I called and ordered to run over and pick up lunch to eat on our balcony.

Located on 24th Ave. North.

I don't think they are open for dinner. It is more of a breakfast place as well as open for lunch. Reviews online show favor for breakfast here. I am here to say that basic burger/sandwich lunch was fantastic.

If you've read my trip report, this isn't something new, but I wanted to post it in the dining section as well since I couldn't find anything on the forum of this restaurant. My oldest daughter and I both got a hamburger and fries (mine a bacon cheeseburger) and they were very fresh and very delicious. My wife had a grilled chicken wrap and she said it was wonderful. The youngest daughter gets kid's chicken strips everywhere we go, so that is pretty basic. She said they were AWESOME which is what she says of everything she likes.

They didn't tell me the special when I called which was Philly steak sandwich with fries for $6.49 I think. Had I known about that, I would have gotten it.

Total for 2 burgers/fries, grilled chicken wrap, and kid's chicken strips with fries was $24, far less than what we would normally spend in a fast food restaurant any time we would go for fast food (fast food normally costs us around $35.) Price was definitely right and food was fresh and delicious. You can't get any of those 3 things in fast food any more.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:03 pm 

Discovered Uncle John's in 2008. Although Hot Stacks is still our favorite, every other day we bicycle to Uncle John's for Pork Chops, Fish Sandwish & Hotcakes/eggs. Five years, no disappointments.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:46 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting this separate review, Mike. I think a lot of people will appreciate it...especially anyone staying at Dayton House.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall