Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

I know I'm a cantankerous old woman, but when I hear about TV shows like "16 and pregnant" and "Teen Mom" I can't help wondering what has become of common sense in America. The following was just reported in The Sun News, and it leaves me shaking my head.

Tell me what YOU think!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
North Myrtle Beach police arrested a “Teen Mom 2” personality Saturday on charges of breaching the peace.

Jenelle Evans, 21, was booked into J. Reuben Long Detention Center around 5:10 p.m. Saturday. She was released on bail at around 6:15 p.m. Saturday, according to the jail website.

Evans was featured on the second season of MTV show “16 and pregnant” before being seen on “Teen Mom 2.”

According to a preliminary police account, officers responded to a call for a public disturbance between a male and a female outside a residence on Belle Drive in North Myrtle Beach.

When officers arrived, Nathan Griffith, 26, was standing outside talking on his cell phone and told police Evans, whom he identified as his girlfriend, had locked him out of the house during a verbal argument, according to the account.

While officers were interviewing Griffith, they said Evans opened the door to let their dog run away, but Griffith caught the dog. Police said Evans then closed the door and would not reopen it or speak with the officers.

Evans sent Griffith text messages – while officers were still there – blaming him for calling the police and said she was angry at him for involving them.

Griffith said he would take the dog for a walk and let things cool off and police left.

A short time later, officers were dispatched to the same location for complaints of loud yelling. Griffith told police he got into the home through an open kitchen window and he and Evans began arguing again.

He opened the door for the officers to speak with Evans, but she locked herself in a bathroom and refused to cooperate, police said.

Officers began to leave when they said the observed Evans walking to and from her car, “yelling profanity in a high-pitched voice,” police said. Officers warned her not to use profanity outside the residence, but said she did not.

Officers then placed her under arrest for breaching the peace.

Evans recently was in the news after revealing last week that she is pregnant with her second child, her first with Griffith.

Griffith was arrested in September and charged with third-offense of driving under the influence, disobeying a police officer, driving on the wrong side of the road, speeding in a reduced speed zone, resisting arrest and driving under suspension, third or subsequent offense.

Griffith is awaiting a jury trial in the case.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/1 ... rylink=cpy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:18 am 

The same level of cantankerous on my part :???: and the same can be said about all this "reality TV"... which has nothing to do with reality.

Why our entertainment industry feels the need to glorify bad behavior is beyond me..... If I ever win the lottery I am starting PTN... "Positive TV Network". It will start each day with a Myrtle Beach sunrise :cool:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:26 am 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
A "Positive TV Network" would certainly be a nice change, Kirk. These "reality shows" are so ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:35 am 

Kirk I would watch your channel 24/7!!

I don't know when society deemed it correct to be pregnant, 16 years old, and darn proud of it! It sends our young girls a very incorrect (and don't get me going on immoral) idea that a child raising a child is a super duper idea!

Society feeds into this cr*p by watching these shows and glorifying other peoples dirty laundry!! It's actually rather pathetic!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:01 pm 

I would watch that too Kirk! :lol:

These KIDS are so ridiculous and I can't believe they are still playing these shows. I think another Teen Mom (not sure if she's from the same season or not) but I heard someone was married in South Carolina (Murrels Inlet I think??).

1) it's not true. I assume a majority is set up. 2) why is this entertaining?? 3) this is just glorifying pregnancy for kids watching these types of shows. What I have seen from these types of shows (I caught a few episodes over the years, watching in HORROR and disbelief... where you have to watch because you are stunned really) is that they are spoiled teen moms who have parents paying for everything and taking care of them and their kids. They are not responsible for the kids and I feel really bad for the poor babies involved. The Dads are generally barely involved either. Most don't finish high school... it's all so sad and ridiulous in my opinion. I've seen in magazines how many of them have since gotten plastic surgery (to each their own, but I don't think 18 year olds should be doing that!), in rehab and or jail etc. :shock:

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:53 pm 

These shows are nothing but a prequel to Maury.

He shows the paternity test and now these 2 show the pregnancy

All set up cr@p and a waste of television

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:50 pm 

With this new fangled thing called the Internet, you can watch and read nothing but positive and happy news :)

goodnewsnetwork.org
happynews.com
tedtalks.com
You tube has tons of inspiring video's

I watch on my TV via wireless and on my tablet while soaking in the hot-tub.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:16 pm 

gary2beach wrote:
...I watch on my TV via wireless and on my tablet while soaking in the hot-tub.

Gary

Hmmm - that would make a great concept for a new reality show... :joker:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:26 pm 

OK, Mike you have the contacts, I think I can talk myself into a development deal.

Really though, the last 3 nights have been awesome out back with the full moon and except for last night the sky has been cloud free, so lots of stars.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:01 pm 

gary2beach wrote:
OK, Mike you have the contacts, I think I can talk myself into a development deal...

No thanks, I don't smoke... :joker:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:00 pm 

Well Mike, you have me stumped with the you don't smoke.

Although it could be said you are advertising for Camel Cig's,
as the camel on the wall is the Camel cig logo.

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:49 am 

gary2beach wrote:
Well Mike, you have me stumped with the you don't smoke.

Although it could be said you are advertising for Camel Cig's,
as the camel on the wall is the Camel cig logo.

Gary

"No thanks, I don't smoke" - which you read above - is my trademark response when I either cannot or don't want to answer a question or directly respond to a declaration.

It's "schtick" - you may actually hear me say that a few times in the future, too...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:08 am 

Ah ha, now I am no longer confused by that comment :)

Yet still confused about many other things in life and that is my
puzzle to solve; for I think and not follow.

Gary