Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cancun Lagoon
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:25 am 

On Friday, August 10 I took Kyle, Sarah and David to this mini golf course. The four of us paid $26 to play, with a coupon from the Monster coupon book.

This course is divided into three nine-hole courses. You're supposed to start with the first nine holes outside, then come into the pyramid and choose one of two nine-hole courses that are mostly inside the air conditioned pyramid. Even as hot as it was, we decided to do this the right way, so we started outside. There was a nice breeze and quite a bit of shade so it wasn't too bad. However, most people seemed to be doing the two inside courses.

The last hole does not keep your ball and there's a machine on the counter where you return your ball and every so often someone will win a prize, complete with flashing light and siren. David won a prize in our group. The prize is a free game at another mini golf course owned by the same corporation. Woo-hoo! :roll: Ours was for somewhere in North Myrtle Beach so we just stuck it in a drawer in the motor home. Maybe we'll use it, and maybe not...

We had a good time and the course is very nicely laid out. We had played here several years ago and David was frightened by a loud thunderstorm that takes place inside the pyramid every so often. This year it didn't bother him other than to startle him with the noise when it began. The AC is a nice option for hot summer days.

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 pm 

Hi Dawne:

My family played on this course this past Sunday night (8/16/09). We did not have any coupons and it cost us $34 for four. (We were told to play one of the indoor courses first and then play outside. . . ) The night we went it was very hot and humid so the air conditioning was very much appreciated. My daughter, Jessica, is our mini golf champ, but she was off her game that night and I had the best score. We have played many of the courses around MB and I would have to say that this course ranked toward the top. The main redeeming value to me was that our favorite DQ was right next door. And beacuse I lost a few pounds with all of the heat and humidity, I treated myself to a banana split!

Frank

Post subject: Re: Cancun Lagoon
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:21 pm 

Our experience was different because it was March and we were looking for an indoor course due to rain and 40 degree temps. It was a disappointing experience because it is not a challenging course, and only half of it is inside.

The course is mostly flat, and the indoor areas are dark and not challenging. The two indoor courses are identical, and only 5 of the holes are inside. The outside portion of those courses is a little more fun, but if you are planning to play inside because of weather, be sure to understand that much of the course is outside. I felt that the prices were too high, even with a $1 off coupon. With so many mini golf choices in Myrtle Beach, we probably will not play this course again.

Scott