Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:40 pm 

We alway stay in NMB and have never been to Murrell's Inlet. Our 8 year old loves to play mini golf, so we were wondering what are the best courses in that area. Thanks in advance!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:45 am 

I'm guessing your staying in the Inlet area next trip and that's the reason for the question, there are not a lot of courses down on the southern end of the Strand, Gilligans is next to Maze Mania on 17 biz in Garden City and is a fun course, your daughter will like Maze Mania and I think the better mini-course is Runaway Bay a bit further north on 17 by Tupelo Bay Golf Course,
this is around the Garden City/Surfside Beach line.

Gary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:54 am 

Thanks for the response Gary, no, we are not staying in the inlet area, we are just going to make a day of going down to that area this trip.

I have read a little bit about Inlet Adventure Golf, do you have any experience with that course? Our son actually prefers a challenging course. Which course around that area would you say is the most challenging?

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:25 pm 

Inlet Adventure is the furthest south of the other 2 mentioned, it's 1/2 mile or so from Maze Mania, it's a good course also, I just prefer Runaway Bay as it's the newest of the 3.

Gary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

Since you'll be heading south, if you haven't tried Mt. Atlanticus, it's a favorite! It is designed to look like the lost city of Atlantis. You walk up five stories to elevated holes, and you can enjoy the the view of downtown Myrtle Beach and the ocean.
http://www.mountatlanticus.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:45 pm 

Thank you Patrish. Yes we are VERY familiar with Mt. Atlanticus. It is our sons FAVORITE mini golf course on the planet!! We never miss playing there. We have just never made it as far south as Murrell's Inlet. What is your opinion on the mini golf courses in that area?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

I agree with Gary on Runaway Bay, and also agree with Maze Mania, if you have time.

Be sure to enjoy the Marshwalk, and don't forget your camera. I don't know how much time you plan to spend at the Inlet, but Capt. Dick's offers a fun variety of boat rentals - always good family fun!
www.marshwalk.com
http://www.captdicks.com/BoatRentals.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:44 pm 

Thanks a bunch for the links Patrish. We were thinking about eating lunch at Dead Dog Saloon, any opinions/thoughts/experiences there?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 am 

Dead Dog has the largest deck around with great views of the marsh. they are known for good live entertainment.

As for food, it is good yet nothing to write about or have to go there to eat on each vacation, have a drink, enjoy the view and music, yes.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:53 am 

Just an FYI Maze Mania is a great work out if you are in a hurry trying to win the free t-shirt.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:37 am 

My daughter and I ate dinner at Dead Dog Saloon while on vacation in last August...we ate out on the deck...the views were nice...sunset was GREAT...alot of activity going on on the Marshwalk...there was a small band/singer/entertainer performing...there was an entertaining guy on the Marshwalk that we could easily see from our table...he was crafting small items from ballons and other stuff...and giving them to people walking by...esp to kids and seniors...the food and drinks were good...we had shrimp(no surprise...we eat ALOT of shrimp on vacation)...it was yummy...we had essentially no wait to get a table...the wait to get our food was not long either...much better than at Drunken Jacks...we liked Dead Dog Saloon and will go back...

JoAnn