Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spyglass Mini Golf
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:01 pm 

Spyglass is located on Highway 17 at 38th Avenue North. I believe it is a sister-course to Treasure Island, because they have the same website. It is a straight-forward course without many hills. The water doesn't come in to play, but is used for the "cannon battle" effects. Cannons on the mountain fire, and splashes take place in the lagoon. There is one hole inside the cave, behind the waterfall, but it is not scenic. The price is $9 per adult, but they also offer a $1 off coupon in the Monster Coupon Book. It is worth the money, but there are much more challenging courses on the strand, including Treasure Island. Here is their website: http://myrtlebeachminigolf.net/spyglass/

Post subject: Re: Spyglass Mini Golf
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:17 pm 

Spyglass Mini Golf - 3801 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 - http://myrtlebeachminigolf.net/spyglass/

My parents and I played this course on an early Friday morning. We were the only people on the course for about 5 holes and then a couple of groups came to play after us. The weather was nice but it got warmer the longer we played. We hadn't played the course in a couple of years. The course is well maintained.

I do want to note that there are a lot of steps. If there is someone in your party who has trouble with steps, especially steep ones, this probably isn't the course for you. The wooden steps are taller than normal, and some of the wooden handrails need tightening because they're loose and shaky. The steps going into the cave were the worst. They are very long, wide, and steep in random places. There are no handrails to hold on to, so you're pretty much grasping at the sides of the cave to steady yourself. Also, it can get very hot and muggy and steamy in the cave, which makes it easy to slip. Once you got inside, there were a plethora of holes and divots in the concrete. You really have to watch your step so you don't twist an ankle. There were several places where heavy duty non-slip mats were put down (especially when you're walking behind the waterfall) which I appreciated. There's a cute little gift shop inside the building where you pay. The woman behind the counter (I assume the owner?) was very polite and cheerful. Don't forget to ask about the secret hole-in-one hole!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:17 am 
Site Admin

Great review and photos!

"If there is someone in your party who has trouble with steps, especially steep ones..."
Excellent advice. That's something good to know in advance of paying admission.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and post the pictures!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:42 am 

Thank you! Your photos are beautiful! Makes me miss Myrtle Beach so much!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:10 pm 

Thanks for the tip on the difficulty the course presents for folks. Good to know.