Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:24 am 
Site Admin

Just in from my friends at LHWH Advertising and PR:
http://www.lhwhadvertising.com/

Barefoot Landing To Undergo Multi-Year Transformation Anchored By New Waterfront Dining Village

Lucy Buffett's LuLu's Will Be First New Addition With Restaurant, Outdoor Attractions & Live Music Located On The Intracoastal Waterway

March 27, 2017, Myrtle Beach, S.C. - Burroughs & Chapin is planning a major transformation of Barefoot Landing over the next few years, starting with the development of a walkable restaurant district - to be known as Dockside Village - located along the Intracoastal Waterway. Dockside Village will feature a collection of outstanding culinary offerings, inviting common areas, waterfront dining, and attractive architecture designed to bring to life the personality and character of the Carolina coast.

LuLu's by Lucy Buffett will set the stage for Dockside Village. Combining a great dining experience and a fun, family-friendly atmosphere, LuLu's will become one of the most appealing entertainment destinations in the entire Myrtle Beach area. In addition to the full-service 400-seat restaurant and outdoor dining areas, LuLu's will feature live music nightly, a large sandy beach, a ropes climbing course, an arcade, and other activities throughout the approximately 20,000 square foot destination. LuLu's will also be home to the soon-to-be world famous "LuLu's Shag Beach Bar."

The restaurant will be built between Greg Norman's and TBonz with plans to open in the spring of 2018. Barefoot Landing will be LuLu's third location with the principal being Gulf Shores, Alabama and second location in Destin, Florida.

"I couldn't be more thrilled to be bringing some Gumbo Love and LuLu's lifestyle to Myrtle Beach!" said Lucy Buffett, LuLu's owner. "In keeping with LuLu's coastal atmosphere, our new home along the Intracoastal Waterway offers the perfect backdrop for the fun, food and music that is so classically LuLu's. We offer our guests the ideal place for relaxation, laughter, memory-making and, of course, delicious Coastal Southern cuisine."

In Alabama, LuLu's has an annual economic impact in excess of $20 million along with its high-profile community involvement and philanthropy. Buffett intends to have the same impact in North Myrtle Beach beginning with the creation of over 200 jobs, along with the intention of the same active community participation and support.

"I'm looking forward to being a good neighbor with the locals. I've always believed in taking care of the folks who take care of LuLu's," Buffett said.

LuLu's will offer unique creations like its best selling Crab Melt and the "Pa-menna" Cheeseburger with pimento cheese, bacon and a fried green tomato. LuLu's even offers an allergy menu with special selections that exclude gluten, egg, seafood, shellfish, dairy, or soy, truly accommodating any customer.

"We're pleased to announce that LuLu's is going to be a part of the new Dockside Village at Barefoot Landing," said Jim Apple, chief executive officer of Burroughs & Chapin. "The Dockside Village will offer residents and visitors an appealing dining destination by combining great restaurants, attractive architecture, and the property's nearly half mile of waterfront frontage. LuLu's is the ideal concept to kick off this initiative."

"Our vision for Barefoot Landing is to create a place that combines the natural beauty of the waterfront with the character and authenticity of historic main streets in a re-imagined shopping and dining experience that's distinctly coastal Carolina," said Chad Carlson, executive vice president of Burroughs & Chapin. "With its family-friendly atmosphere, southern coastal personality and great Dining Village Barefoot's new brand positioning."  

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:52 am 

I know they can usually put these things up fairly quick if they wanted to. Will there be anything open for 2017?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

Your guess is as good as mine on this, Yes...these things can go up fast, especially restaurants. So I suppose there's a good chance some of it will be completed by at least summer's end.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:16 pm 

So glad to see Barefoot is getting a lift. Still one of my favorite places to spend an evening. Much slower pace than Broadway.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:22 pm 

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:24 am 

I've probably not been to Barefoot in twenty years. Might have to go back after it gets a facelift.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:48 am 

patrish wrote:
The restaurant will be built between Greg Norman's and TBonz with plans to open in the spring of 2018.  

Looking at Google Earth... there's nothing but water and a walking bridge between Greg Norman's and TBonz. I wonder how this will be built in that location.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:23 am 
Site Admin

Barefoot Landing:

Scroll down past all that housing stuff (almost 75% of the way down the page) to "New look planned for Barefoot Landing." It goes into a little more detail.

http://www.barefootresidential.com/inde ... &Itemid=26