Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:32 pm 

Well, I can safely say this will be a beach trip we won't soon forget.

We had been watching the weather closely. The forecast changed from day to day. We knew that Matthew might run us off a day or two early, but we thought even just a couple of days at Myrtle Beach would be good for us. The Weather Channel app on the iPad no longer predicted high winds for Myrtle Beach, just a some rain, and it didn't forecast any heavy rain until Friday. We were prepared for that. We even packed rain coats in anticipation of romantic walks on the beach in the rain. (yes we do that kind of thing)

We arrived at the hotel and checked in. We put our suitcases in our 14th floor room and a just few minutes later we walked back to the elevator, where we met another guest who told us about the evacuation order. An hour after that we were checked out, the suitcases were back in the car, and we were driving west. Like I said, it was a memorable experience.

Stay safe and dry Patrish, and everybody else in the path of the storm, we will be praying for you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

Bill, you should have contacted me. I did not know you were here, and would have told you to come to our house. We're not the Marriott, and I would not have cooked breakfast for you. But we do have a spare room and we're minutes from the State Park. When will you be back?

Meanwhile, we think we will sit this one out unless it gets a lot worse than predicted.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:23 am 

Parrish you're so nice. We considered staying at the hotel one night, but we figured it would be easier to leave the area before everyone else was trying to do the same thing. We didn't go back home. We headed west without any destination in mind for the first 30 minutes. We ate in Columbia at one of your state's famous BBQ establishments. It tasted good, but this NC boy will always look askance at SC style yellow BBQ. Jodie was disappointed that Giant Crab isn't going to happen for us this year. Maybe next year we will try again.
We ended up in Asheville NC. We took in Biltmore Estate yesterday and found a little restaurant run by three recent culinary school graduates. It's called "Magpie Meat & Three" its in Brevard. You should look for it if you're in that area. We have some more activities planned for today. The weather here is perfect.

Please stay safe. If you're going to weather the storm I hope you have everything you need. We we'll continue to pray for an eastward turn for Matthew.