Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:01 pm 

Thursday, August 4, 2016
My friend, Kathy & I meet up in Fly, Ohio at 7am...to leave for our much anticipated beach vacation! It was a smooth trip...only a little rain...a couple of rest stops...one stop to eat at Hardee's...then on to Asheboro, NC for the night...we like to stretch our trips out...we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express...and ate at Kickback Jacks's which is adjacent...I have stayed at this HIE many times...it is clean...easy to get in and out of and the staff is very accommodating...dinner was typical sports bar food...there are many places to eat in this area...

Friday, August 5, 2016
We are early risers...so we were up with the chickens...ate breakfast at IHOP...which was across from the hotel...then on down the road...stopped in Bennettsville, SC at the McDonald's for ice tea and a quick bite...arrived at the Fairfield Inn Broadway at the Beach around 1:30...got checked in...and relaxed for a while...evening was spent shopping...we ate at Liberty Steakhouse...mainly, because we had been around most of the shopping area...and were getting hungry and it was there right in front of us...it was about 5:30...we walked right in and were seated right away...The food was great...I have had good experiences here...I had the smothered chicken & baked potato...Kathy had the fried cod...both our meals were piping hot and very good...the place was quite busy, too...as we left...there was a line of people waiting...so, we must have got there before the rush...

more later

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:21 am 
Site Admin

So glad you were able to enjoy this get-way to the beach! Look forward to hearing more.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:04 pm 

Guess we have been busy...here we are on the final night of vacation already...how does that happen? We have spent a lot of time on the beach and around the condo pool...The condo is in the South Shores building...it has been great...We have eaten at River City(Surfside) always great burgers! The Surf Diner(on the Surfside Pier), and Sara J's(Garden City) and...LOL...Chik fil et...(at Coastal Grande)...oh yes...and tonight Chili dogs & Ice cream at Sophia's in Surfside...and breakfast one day at Plantation Pancake House...we keep things pretty simple...and all the food was delicious!
We did venture out to the Pawley's Island Shops...but that was about it ...spent most of our evenings watching The Olympics! I walk a lot and got in about 5 miles every day...so, tomorrow we head back to Ohio and the real world...sigh...until next time, Surfside!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

So glad you had fun. I love "girl vacations" and have done several that are very special.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:22 am 

Sounds like a wonderful trip!!! You did everything you wanted!! Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:20 pm 

What a great holiday! It is really a treat to get away with a friend. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:07 am 

Thanks all! I have not been on since our vacation...busy with our house remodel...it has been a long process but it is staring to all come together! We have already booked next years vacation to Surfside...next year July 29-August 5...so our daughter can come...she is a teacher in West Virginia and her school district starts early.

Thinking about about all of our friends who live in the Myrtle Beach area and board members traveling to the area...as the hurricane weather approaches...stay safe!