Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:36 am 

We are old, boring people. We get up early, go to bed early--no adventure for us if we can help it. Daily life is all the excitement we need. We love Myrtle Beach in September and usually come the last week of September, but had to come a little early this trip. We are just glad to make it here at all this year!

Got here Saturday around 12:30. Went straight to Ella's in Calabash for lunch then to Callahan's to pass the time until check-in at the condo. Went to Dunes Realty to pick up the keys to Princeton House II, Unit 7. This is the third or fourth time we have stayed here. Went to Bi Lo grocery for staples. Ultimate California pizza and salad for dinner

Sunday--Went to the beach this morning. Left over pizza for lunch. Nance's in Murrell's Inlet for dinner in time to get the early bird special. Best it's been in several years. Ice cream at kirk's.

Monday--Rick played golf at Indian Wells and I went to Coastal Grand Mall. Picked him up and he had sprained his ankle stepping off the cart path on the next to last hole. Looked really bad. Rest, ice, compression and elevation the rest of the day. A trip to Urgent Care may be in our future. Picked up subs from Ultimate California Pizza for dinner.

Tuesday--Rick's birthday! His ankle seems better; still painful with some swelling. No trip to Urgent Care yet. He's limping around saying he can go to the beach. Not happening! Confined to condo today. River City Cafe burgers for lunch. Ultimate California Pizza for dinner.

Wednesday--The most glorious sunrise this morning!! So glad I am an early riser. Sitting on the balcony waiting for the injured to get up and see how his ankle is progressing. I doubt I can keep him confined again today. More later. . .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:28 am 

I love your kind of vacation...other than your husband's injured foot...very relaxing...watching the sunrise is always a treat! Hope the ankle is improving!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

First, I doubt that you are old boring people. :roll: Am loving your trip report...sounds like an excellent beach vacation except for the part about Rick's ankle. Hope he is feeling much better.

Glad we are having such nice weather for you. Look forward to hearing more!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:07 am 

Wednesday (Cont.)--Sat on the balcony and enjoyed the view for most of the morning. We decided to go to Joey Doggs for lunch. Rick's ankle is improving slowly, but surely so we decided to go to the Tanger Outlet Mall to visit the Coach store. Lots of places to sit here, so this was a good way to see how walking on the ankle would go without overdoing. Unfortunately I didn't see anything that I couldn't live without, so off we went to Homegoods. When we got there we realized the electricity was off. They weren't letting anyone in the store so we decided to return to the condo. Evidently, the electricity was off over a very wide area of Myrtle Beach which meant the stop lights were out as well. It was quite a harrowing experience getting back to Surfside. Drivers were just barreling down the road not realizing the lights were out. If they didn't see red, they just kept going, while others realized the lights were out and would treat the intersection like a four way stop. It was scary! Made it back in one piece and relaxed for a while, then went to Liberty Steakhouse for Rick's belated birthday dinner. Went back up to Homegoods--I'm looking for a particular lamp so I hit up every Homegoods I see. No luck. Stopped at the Golfsmith store and then back to the condo for the night.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:04 am 

Thursday--We were going to the beach today, but it was going to rain so we enjoyed the ocean from the balcony. Headed back up to Calabash to Ella's for lunch and then back to Callahan's. I had seen a garden flag on our earlier trip and I finally decided I wanted it. No luck--it was gone. I knew better, but left without it the first trip anyway. Back to the condo to relax and then to Dagwood's Deli for dinner. In all the years we have been here, we had never tried Dagwood's. It was very good. Rick had a Reuben and said it was the best one he has had in a while. I had a turkey sandwich (can't remember the name) which was very good. The bread was wonderful. Our server said they bake their bread in house. Back to the condo for the rest of the evening.

Friday--We were sitting on the balcony enjoying the early morning view and trying to decide what to do. Everything we still wanted to do involved a lot of walking which was just not possible with Rick's ankle, so we packed up and headed for home a day early.

This wasn't the vacation we had planned, but we still enjoyed spending time together and getting away from our everyday responsibilities.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:33 am 

It must have been so disappointing to have an injury on a vacation. Thanks for posting a report. I enjoyed the read. Hopefully your next beach trip will be a different experience.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:48 am 

So sorry about the injury! Sounds like you did make the best of it though! Now to start planning for the next trip :wink: !!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hope by now Rick is recovered. It's so disappointing when something like that happens and you realize is is totally out of your control.

>...Unfortunately I didn't see anything that I couldn't live without...
LOL...Wally always says "FORTUNATELY you didn't see anything that you couldn't live without."
Oh well, it's still fun to shop at the outlets. You never know what you'll find....

Thanks for the trip review, At least you have a good attitude about it, and it will nake your next trip that much better!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:06 pm 

Sorry about the injury. Sounds as thought you made the best of the situation. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:19 pm 

Sounds like y'all made the best of the situation & still had a good time! Hope Rick is doing well now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk