Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:45 am 

Thursday August 27th

The dreaded last day. It's time to squeeze every last bit of vacation out before we head back home. We woke up early again that day, my brother and I hit up the sauna again to try and get all the alcohol out of our systems from the night before. After about 30 minutes in there we got showered and headed back to the condo to get ready to head down to the pool area. It was off and on clouds, but nice for the most part. My aunt/uncle and the rest of their crew came over to our place one last time. My uncle said he was a bit too hungover to drink that day lolz. Thursday's the NBP has a dj and everyone was out dancing having a swell time. I went back and forth to the beach area back to the pool. We had lunch at the pool, hung out more and had a couple of beers. It had started to rain as it was getting later in the day, we said goodbye to my aunt/uncle etc as they were not going out to eat with us that night and were leaving to head home a bit earlier than we were. We told them we would see them in a week or so at my cousins party.

After we all got ready it was time for annual family pictures. We had reservations at Clark's in Little River. This place was pretty good last year, it was good this year too but some problems. We were out on the patio getting eaten alive by bugs and our waitress was kind of snobby. Oh well, the food was good. We headed out and stopped at the 4:20 store then went back to the condo to finish packing up. I had a hard time sleeping knowing we were heading out to go home the next day.

Friday August 28th

We left around 8:30 am, my aunt was always an hour or so ahead of us at all times. A few gas stops, lunch at Bojangles somewhere in NC. We hopped off 95 around Thornburg (right before Fredericksburg) and got on 1. We had waited in traffic for an hour on 95 prior too and our gps was telling us there was more down the line, especially on a Friday around 4-5pm. Our goal was to make it to Manassas VA. We rolled in around 7:30 and went to Heritage Brew Co. and BadWolf Brewing Co. and had pizza for dinner from a pizza place that was right next door. We stayed at the Courtyard..I had recently stayed there when Corine, Lux and I went down here in May.

Saturday August 29th

We headed from the hotel around 11pm and went to Bull Run Winery. We did a wine tasting and had a glass of wine then decided it was time to actually head home. We ended up meeting back up with my parents at Buffalo Wild Wings in Harrisburg PA. From here it was only less than an hour from home. We watched the LLWS and the local team beat Texas and the place went nuts. We then finally left and went home, unpacked, and took it easy until we all had work on Monday. It's crazy how after a few days home and its like you never even left. .

Last edited by budwash435 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:28 pm 

Thanks so much for the great report. Anticipating and planning a trip brings lots of excitement before a vacation. So true when you get home it seems like it is so far away until next time it can be a bit of a let down. You sure managed to keep busy and it didn't seem as if the baby slowed you down. That is a good thing. Must be a very good baby :) Glad all went well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:48 pm 

Thanks so much for letting us enjoy your vacation along with you! Sounds like you all thoroughly enjoyed yourselves!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:57 am 

It was a great vacation. We actually drank some of the wine we bought at Duplin last night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Sounds like a fantastic vacation. Again, thanks for taking to time to share it with us!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:42 am 

Thank you, it was rather swell!