Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:28 am 

Made it from Knoxville Tennessee(GO Vols!!) only had to stop about 10 times have the Grandbaby :angel13: (she is 4) with us and she kept needing to stretch her legs, but so did I :lol: . We got the jeep unloaded and all we heard was "Lets go to the beach!!!" so that's what we did, then went to the store for all the food to snack on for the week, then lil one(AKA Skeeter) wanted to swim in the pool. We cleaned up and went to supper at Apple B's. It was good but I want and need seafood!!, but hubby wanted that so have to let him get a few things in don't I?? We did some site seeing and a few things have changed but hey its been 2 years. Sunday we went to beach and the pool. Today....Monday we watch it rain and watch tv(REST). We are going to go shopping if it will stop raining. Skeeter is loving being at the beach and wanting to burry her buddy(Paw-Paw)in the sand. I can't wait to see that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:12 pm 

Did anyone see the rainbows here today :wav: :wav: :wav: Never in my life have I seen 5 in one day let alone 5 in a hour time span !!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

So glad you got to see the rainbows! :nanner:

I hate to see it rain because I know our visitors are hoping for sunny weather. It's different when you live here because we just take the good with the bad and get on with our lives. But when you spend a lot of money to get here, you are hoping for sunny weather and beach time. Hope you will have enough sun for you to enjoy your beach vacation!

Thanks for reporting in. I love seeing "live" beach reports!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:18 pm 

Today we went to the zoo. It was nice lots and lots of walking, the lil one loved it so we got to see her smile and talk to all the animals. We went to the Giant Crab for late lunch/ early supper, have never been and loved almost everything I tried. Came back to condo after stopping at wallymart for a few more things we needed. Went to the beach for low tide and stayed out for over 2 hours looking and finding a lot of shells. Lil one wanted to get in the pool so we let her. All we have planed to do tomorrow is BEACH/POOL. Happy the weather is giving us a few good days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:48 pm 

Beach trips with the grand kids are so much fun! We took our grand daughter two years ago when she was 4...so much fun...we did everything she wanted to do! LOL...we learned that most restaurants serve corn dogs...I think she lived on a diet of corn dogs, french fries, and ice cream for the entire week. We are hoping to take Addy (now 7) and her brother Daltyn(4) next summer on a beach trip!

Hope the rain is done so you can do more beach time!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:13 am 
Site Admin

Enjoying you trip report! Grandchildren certainly change the way we vacation - and for us, the way we go to the beach! This summer Kenan turned 7. They live in Boone, NC but get down here whenever they can. Kenan is happy if he can go to the beach every day, and I think he would like to be there from dawn to sunset if we took enough food!

Yours is just the right age for the Waccatee Zoo. Watching the little one interact with the animals was probably the highlight of your day.

I'm happy that the weather is clearing for you. Yesterday was really nice. When I looked at the forecast a couple days ago, it looked like rain all week, but as usual, the weather forecasts are wrong again. :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:19 am 

Yesterday was a hit with Skeeter(lil one) and she wants to do the same today, so off to the beach/pool too. We did take off late yesterday and drove a little south to Godfathers pizza (our fav.) we no longer have any in Knoxville. Boy are they high paid 45.00 for 2 med. pizza and cheese sticks and 2 drinks and water. Went to Bass Pro shop after and Barefoot landing. I am still wanting to get to Tanger but I guess we will wait and see. Off to the beach, hope everyone has a good day.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:45 am 

Our Friday we spent beach/pool. If anyone want a nice place to stay with no noise this is the place. Low tide we found countless shells ad crabs, even starfish. Sat. we got up packed up :cry: and headed home, we went up the coast and then across just to see some different sights. Can't wait till next year to stay at Inlet Point Villas again. I think we found our 2nd home.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

That's a very nice area of North Myrtle Beach!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:28 pm 

We do a;ot of the same, beach and the pool. Thanks for posting.