Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bay Watch - 7/18 - 7/26
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:07 pm 

My wife and I headed out for our week long stay at the Bay Watch Resort in North Myrtle Beach on Friday, July 17th right after work. We planned to drive to Asheboro, NC that night and then head on in to the beach on Saturday. Our daughter (age 16) has already been at the beach with her friend and her family for the past week (tough life, huh!). We were to pick up the girls late Saturday night and have them spend the week with us. Here’s a day by day summary of what we did, where we ate and the good time that was had by all!

Friday – My wife and I stopped in Wytheville, VA and ate at a place called The Ville. Sports bar type place that I had seen decent reviews for online. We had a good meal there and then headed the rest of the way to Asheboro to spend the night.

Saturday – Up and on our way to the beach! We left with the plan in mind to have lunch at the NMB location of Hamburger Joes. We arrived around 1:30 PM and were a little surprised with the crowd of people waiting. After about a 30 minute wait we were seated to a delicious lunch. We then headed to Elliott Realty for check in and moved into our condo at the Bay Watch for the week! We have a 2 bedroom corner unit in Tower 3. It was a great location and beautiful condo. After some unpacking we headed to Wal Mart for grocery shopping for the week. This is always fun for me because you have the whole week ahead of you, and it just starts everything off. So, despite the crowds it was good. After a little rest time we headed south for dinner at the Hot Fish Club in Murrell’s Inlet. It was our first time there, and the food and service were both excellent. After dinner we headed back to Ocean Lakes campground to pick up the girls and head back to NMB for the night.

Sunday – Up and out to the beach around mid-morning! Love that sound of the ocean. Something is very therapeutic about it for sure. The wife stayed out all day. I ran back and forth to the condo to keep an eye on the 3rd round of The Open Championship. I’ll just say this one comment about the girls that covers the whole week – two teenage girls, with boyfriends back home, means lots of texting and face timing until late hours each night. So, we never knew when we were going to see them on the beach or around the pools. LOL Dinner that evening was at the Sea Captain’s House. Pecan crusted grouper….mmmmm. We played a round of mini golf back near our condo and then back for the night.

Monday – Wife heads down to beach while I stayed in for the Monday finish of the Open. I ended up heading out around 2:30 for a couple hours after. Dinner that evening at the Chesapeake House. One of our favorites for the all around meal. We headed down to the boardwalk after. Great place to walk around and people watch. The girls rode the Skywheel and did some shopping. Back to the condo after for the night.

Tuesday – Golf is over so my wife and I both head down to the beach. Let me say that so far the weather has been great. A little warm, but very comfortable down by the water with the breeze. That’s my favorite spot with the waves lapping up over my feet….heaven. Dinner that evening at Burro Loco and then shopping at the Coastal Grand Mall. The evening was topped off with ice cream at Painter’s. Yum!

Wednesday – Another beautiful day at the beach. But, I can already tell that the week is going by way too fast. Dinner that evening at the Wild Wing Café. We then went to the show “One” at the Alabama Theater. The whole family loves Grant Turner as Ricky Mokel. Very funny man! Excellent singing and dancing also so a great way to spend the evening. More ice cream after the show, this time at the creamery near the theater at Barefoot where Maggie Moo’s used to be (can’t remember the name now).

Thursday – Another great day at the beach (noticing a theme by now?). We did finally get some rain in the late afternoon and evening. Luckily, the only plans we had for the evening were to head to Drunken Jacks. We love not only the food here, but we are highly disappointed if we don’t have a wait so we can sit out on the back deck with a cold beverage and enjoy the views of the Inlet. Exactly a one hour wait so perfect for a couple beers and an appetizer! Dinner was great as always and then back to the condo for the night.

Friday – The rain ended at some point during the night so off to the beach we went. Another great day enjoying the sun and surf! Dinner that evening at The Flying Fish Public Market and Grill. We discovered this place last year, and it’s obviously great since we went back. We walked around Barefoot for a while before heading back to pack up. But……

Saturday – We decided before we left WV to squeeze every ounce out of the beach that we could so we packed up, loaded up, and as I headed to Elliott for the checkout the family headed down to the beach for an extra day of fun! And it was a gorgeous day. A little cooler temps and lower humidity. We stayed Saturday night at the Courtyard at Broadway. We ate dinner at the Liberty Steakhouse and spent the evening touring BATB. Sadly, the week plus one went by incredibly fast. We headed back on Sunday morning, but we are planning a trip back over New Year’s so we’ll be back in no time!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:41 pm 

Sun and warm weather just what you want for a beach trip! It sounded like a perfect week with all your dining experiences going well too. Staying an extra day......bonus! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:58 pm 

The summer vacation weeks seem to go by so much faster than any other week of the year. I'm glad that the weather cooperated this year. Sounds like you had a great time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:20 pm 

liked your trip report. We do about the same as you, spend time at the beach and eat. Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

Loved your trip report and had to smile at the way you worked in that extra day at the end. :cool: You choose some good restaurants and put in a lot of beach time. Sounds just about perfect! Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:37 pm 

Great report! Loved it...what a great idea to add a day at the end...mmm...that has got me thinking...might have to try this next year!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:11 am 

Sounds like our family trips. Sunning and eating. I am just a little jealous right now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:59 pm 

You hit some of our favorite eateries!! Sounds like a wonderful time! Really how can you go wrong beaching it all day and eating out every night :sunny:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

I love reading about how our message board members spend their vacations. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post a trip[ review!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:26 am 

Cathy wrote:
liked your trip report. We do about the same as you, spend time at the beach and eat. Thanks for posting.

That's basically what our trips consist of too. The first part is basically free, which enables you to splurge a little on the latter. That's one of the reasons that I thought that Hard Rock Park would never make it. You have a totally free activity that is the highlight of the trip. Why go spend a bunch of money to buy a ticket and waste an entire day on the reason that you come.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:46 am 

Thanks everyone! Glad you liked the report. It was a great week. My daughter's school started today so we're all wishing we were back!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:21 pm 

Enjoyed your report! This is what we do as well Beach, Eat Out and WAY TOO much shopping. We are very anxious to be coming back in less than three weeks. I haven't found anything that measures up to being ON the Beach or sitting on the balcony watching and listening to the waves. :sunny: