PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Enjoy Brookgreen! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:26 pm 

Thanks for posting! Sounded fun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

We were at Brookgreen this evening with our neighbors for the final "Concerts on the Lawn" series (the Ross Holmes Band.) I was wondering if you were still there, or if you got tired and left before the music. It was so very crowded I don't think I could have picked you out.

But whether or not you stayed for the music, I hope you had a fun day at Brookgreen. We always get our money's worth from the season pass.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:31 pm 

No, Patrish, we did not stay for the concert...while we were on the Oaks Plantation tour a storm came up...lol...just sprinkles at first...but we were walking around with the guide where some of the old houses were...and the downpour started before we got back to the bus...there was only one other family, the tour guide and Terry and I...the downpour hit and we scampered back to the bus...lots of lightning too...and here we were in the middle of what seemed like a million really tall pine trees...uh...yes...we all got pretty wet...and were all laughing at ourselves...so...anyway the driver dropped us off right at our car...it was still pouring...sorry we missed you...I'm not sure you would have enjoyed seeing two drowned rats...

speaking of rats...we have not seen any during our week here at Surfside...we have seen several cats...I wonder if the rats seen here are as large as the river rats we sometimes see along the Ohio River...those babies are humongous...

Friday...morning was spent...on the beach...of course...then spent the afternoon shopping at the touristy beach shops for some things for the grandkids...and one more round of ice cream this evening.

So another beach vacation comes to an end...it has been a little more rainy than I like...but it was needed in this area...and I got plenty of beach time...so tomorrow morning we take off and will visit with our oldest daughter, Katie, in Garner, NC...before heading back to Ohio on Sunday...Thanks for reading everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Sorry that you got rained out. I would not like being stranded amongst those trees either. And I guess that even though your pass nets you more days, your schedule wasn't going to allow you any time to re-visit. :cry:

We got some rain yesterday, but it had cleared up by late afternoon.

Glad you enjoyed your vacation, and sorry it has come to an end so quickly. Have a safe trip home!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:44 am 

Great Trip Report! Thank You for sharing!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:42 am 

Thanks for sharing your beach time. Also glad you had a good one. I enjoyed tagging along.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:13 pm 

Here we are back in Ohio until the next beach trip! we had a short but nice visit with daughter Katie in Garner, NC...She and her boyfriend Nick are in a new apartment...so it was good getting to see their new place...stayed overnight in Asheboro and took our time going home...got home around 9pm...we each only unloaded our overnight bags...opened up the house and relaxed...saved unloading, etc...for this morning...it was a great vacation filled with a lot of relaxation. Until the next trip..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:38 pm 

It seems you had a wonderful week thanks for sharing it day by day with us. There's nothing like topping it off visiting your baby girl. :wav:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:17 pm 

Loved seeing your check in's on facebook! Made me a little MB sick!

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I LOVE Lazy Gator! It's such a cool store.

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:13 pm 

Enjoyed the report. Glad you made it back home safely. It's always nice pulling back in the driveway at home, but at the same time it's kind of a bummer knowing that the next beach trip is usually a long time away.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:56 pm 

Thanks to all for the kind comments! It was a bummer coming back home from a fun vacation but we have been so busy helping the grand kids get ready for the first day of school..youngest.daughter Ashley's school starts Monday(she is a Health & P.E. teacher at a K-2 building in West Virginia...the grands go back Sept. 1...late because of our county fair...

...best news is that I am coming back in October for most of the month...only have to come back to Ohio middle of the month for grand parent activities at the schools! To say I am excited for this is an understatement! :sunny:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:02 am 

JoAnn, I enjoyed reading your trip report. I am glad you had a wonderful time. I find it difficult to ever have a bad day in Myrtle Beach. Unfortunately, I have not been in almost two years. Hoping to work out a few days this year but not sure yet. Got to say, life is never boring. Really miss the beach but enjoyed virtually sharing your trip. Although I have a Margaritaville and a Wheel 5 minutes from where I live (Pigeon Forge) it is not even in the same league as Myrtle Beach.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:50 pm 

I agree the Margaritaville and wheel at Pigeon Forge are just not the same experience as in Myrtle Beach...I hope you are able to get a few days ar the beach soon! It has been cool here for August...cool enough to wear a hoodie at the county fair in the evening!... missing the beach!!!