Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 am 

Haha thanks jo :lol:

7/9-The wife and little ones beat me out the door today and headed for the pool as usual. On my way to the beach I swung by and said hello...my 4 year old started crying because I wasn't going to swim with them in the pool. So, I proceeded to the beach, set up my chair and stuff, sat for about five minutes, then packed up my stuff and headed back to the pool. I figure I've got many years yet to sit on the beach, but some day the girls won't want to play with dad in the pool anymore...better enjoy it while I can, right?

We played for about three hours until 11:30 or so, then a very light lunch and naps. Then we hit up Prosser's BBQ for dinner, my favorite restaurant down here, hands down. It was great as always.

After dinner we ran up 31 (oh, how I love 31) to the Tanger Outlets @ King's Road so the the ladies could do some shopping. I won't lie, it was painful. After a couple torturous hours of that, back to the condo for a cold beer and bed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:39 am 

bounty hunter wrote:
So, I proceeded to the beach, set up my chair and stuff, sat for about five minutes, then packed up my stuff and headed back to the pool. I figure I've got many years yet to sit on the beach, but some day the girls won't want to play with dad in the pool anymore...better enjoy it while I can, right?

Simply put...you're a good man!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:32 am 

So true. Kids grow so quickly we need to enjoy the time while we can. I LOVE the girls matching sundresses. They are a couple of cuties!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 am 
Site Admin

I love all the photos you've uploaded. The girls are beautiful and it's easy to see why they have you wrapped around their little fingers! :cool: Thanks so much for taking the time to post this trip review. I know it means a lot to many people on this board.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:56 pm 

Kudos to you for being a Dad your girls will have many great memories of...your reports have been great thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:35 am 

We have photos of the family sitting at the fountain at batb and the older girls were probably four and two when we first started taking them. Now they are both teenagers and one of them starting high school. Have to enjoy them while you can. Time doesn't wait on anyone.

Glad you enjoyed Prossers, it will probably be opening day meal for us when we come down in eight days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:48 am 

Thanks for the kind words everyone. They're growing up WAY too fast :cry:

7/10-Today started out kind of ugly with rain and lightening. We hung out for a bit until it calmed down then went to Tanger to pick up something the wife had made for a friend of hers. We then continued up to NMB for lunch at Friendly's.

It was still a little cloudy so we went to NM Bowling Center for some bowling, always a hit, the girls love it.

I wear size 16 shoes, and naturally they didn't have bowling shoes that big...so, socks it is. My first frame, I start my normal approach/follow-through (I'm a pretty decent bowler...usually) and after I released the ball I did a bit of Fred Flintstone shuffling then fell flat on my back...it hurt, everyone laughed of course. Luckily no cameras or smartphones were recording. Ouch.

After we finished up (no more falls thankfully), back to the condo for a quick nap. The sky cleared up so we hit the pool again for a couple hours. Then we had a late dinner of whatever was left in the fridge that we hadn't cooked up yet.

This our last full day here, packing up and heading home Friday :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:56 am 

Fridays at the beach are the worst. Wait all year to get there and knowing its your last day is so sad. Sounds like you had a great time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:21 pm 

Great report!!! Prosser's is also on our list of places not to miss!

What's round on the ends and high in the middle? O-HI-O

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:46 pm 

Sounds like a great trip! Love the pictures!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

I can tell you're a great dad and a thoughtful father. Thanks so much for this trip report. I only need to look at the photos of your beautiful daughters to see what a perfect vacation you had, :beerchug:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:15 pm 

It sounds like you guys had an awesome vacation. That part about joining the girls in the pool.....you got that right. Good call. One of these days you'll be interested, but they won't. That's a tough one the first time it happens. Enjoy it while you can.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:30 pm 

Loved your trip report! The smiles say it all and they brought a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:58 pm 

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed it. The drive home yesterday was relatively peaceful, got home last night around 10:30 or so. Spent all day today getting caught up on everything.

Now to start planning for next year haha!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:24 am 

Glad you made it home safely. For some odd reason I always enjoy the ride down much better than I do coming back. :tongue3: