Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:17 pm 

Came home from work Friday and took a power nap for a couple hours. Mary came home and woke me up to eat Dinner. We went to lay down again until 9:30. I don't think I slept much for those few hours. Got up at 9:30 and started packing the car. Was not easy to get everything in, but finally got it figured out. We left Allentown at 11:30 pm, and had smooth sailing all night. Took more rest breaks then we normally would, stopped every hour or so.

We stopped at South of the Border, at 9:30 am. We walked around for an hour, then left for Myrtle Beach. We arrived at noon, and needed to eat lunch. We went into Tanger Outlets because I thought Mcallisters deli was in there, but it wasn't. :dontknow: We had Five Guys instead. When we left Tanger, we saw that the deli was in the Walmart shopping center. :BandHead: We were wondering when the sun was going to come out, and it finally did. It didn't last long because it started to rain when we were going shopping for food. I should have mentioned earlier about the packing, I couldn't fit the umbrella. I said we won't need it, it won't rain. That is all it did on and off all day, rain! We got our parking and pool passes from the clubhouse, and it cost $20! :sad: That went up from the last time we stayed here, was only $10.

We went to Food Lion and spent more money then we would when we go shopping at home, and we are only staying for a week. Since the weather didn't seem to be cooperating we got our showers and went for Dinner at McAllisters. Guess what, it rained again. We decided to go to BATB and hope it didn't rain anymore, but Mother Nature wasn't having any of it. More rain, so we stopped at Froyos, and sat undercover until it stopped. We said well that's enough for the night so we headed back to the condo.

When we got back, it cleared up, so we walked down to the beach. Didn't get to see it with the sun out, but made it there finally to see the ocean. :nanner: Stayed tuned for more, to be continued...

Last edited by Myrtlebeachbum on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

I was thinking about you and Mary when the rain started. It has been raining off and on for the last couple days. I hope it will clear off tomorrow and get nice for you. Everyone loves a live trip report, so thanks for letting us follow you around!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:09 pm 

Sunday morning woke up to sun! :nanner: We took a walk to find the House Hunters condo at Brighton. We found it, and decided to walk up there. We thought we could get up to Kings Rd easier then we did. We must have walked for 20 minutes back there, and thought we are lost. :???: I get my phone out to see if it can give us directions back to the condo. It said it would take 16 minutes to get back. It wanted us to go back the way we came! :BandHead: We were almost going to call Brittany back at the condo to come pick us up. We did finally find our way back, 20 minutes later. :drinkin:

We had breakfast then headed down to the beach. We packed lunches so we didn't need to go back to the condo. We stayed down there until 3:30, and came back and went to the pool for a bit. We ate in the room tonight instead of going out. We had baked ziti and salad. While we were eating we heard something in the background. Brittany turned the sound down on the tv, and we heard bagpipes. Sure enough the guy in one of the house behind us was playing the bagpipes on his deck. Dinner with music! :lol:

We decided to go to Barefoot Landing tonight and walk around. While we were walking around Brit and Adri stopped and said wait. We were wondering what is going on? They said we seen a girl from school. I'm thinking so what, but they didn't want her to see them. All night we kept seeing them all over BL. I don't get it with girls? :dontknow:

We stopped at the general store to get some stewarts cream soda, and orange cream soda. They got some free fudge samples and ended up buying some too. Money burns a hole in her pocket. We walked to the ICW to look at the boats, and then left for the night.

On the way back we stopped at Krogers and got more eggs, soda, bread and donuts. It was full in there, I thought I was at walmart. We came back to the condo, and then walked down to the beach for our nightly walk. Now we are back for the night, and getting ready for another sunny day tomorrow. Tomorrow night meetup night, at BATB. To be continued tomorrow...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:09 pm 

Monday June 30th. Sunny! :sunny: The usual walk on the beach in the morning, didn't get lost this time. Came back up to eat breakfast, the girls were still sleeping. We went to the beach and they came down an hour later. We only stayed there until lunchtime, went back to condo to eat. We then went to the the Pavilion area, for ice cream at Mad Myrtle's Ice cream. Very smooth and creamy ice cream. Walked around for a bit until the meter was almost out of time. Headed down to checkout Best Western hotel for my parents. They are coming down this weekend, last minute trip. Looks like a nice place for them, hope they get a room higher then 3rd floor or they won't be able to see ocean with the trees blocking the view.

Came back and took showers, then went to Hardrock Cafe. Will not give this place a good review.(Will do later) Terrible service and slow. We went to the meetup place, and within 5 minutes Wally and Patrish showed up. A few minutes later Scott and Denise, and Josh and Kim came. Never met them before, and it was great meeting them. We are at the beach and we were talking about the snowy winter. :lol: I'm glad that we can do this meet up thing, it is very enjoyable. If you are in town and there is one scheduled, you need to go, you won't be disappointed!

Will have pictures posted to online sharing site when I get home. Will share the link for them when they are uploaded. Until tomorrow, goodnight.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:13 pm 

Tuesday July 1st, another sunny day! Walk in morning then breakfast and off to Hollywood Wax Museum. Review is http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15101 Ate Lunch at Hooters, and watched some World Cup. Came back to condo and went to pool for awhile. Had Dinner at condo tonight, no musical serenade tonight. We then drove to the Coastal Grand Mall and walk around for awhile. Of course Adrianna had to buy a bag at Gemini. It was a Vera Bradley, so it was expensive, I think she said $90! I asked her how many she bought for that price, three? Just one. :dontknow: Back to Krogers for something else we needed, and then got gas. Came back to condo for the night, to relax after a busy day. I hope everyone is still with me, after a boring day of nothing exciting. Continued tomorrow night. Goodnight all!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:42 am 

Trip reports are NEVER boring Ron!! Thanks for taking the time to post :hello: ! I love Vera Bradley!! My favorite handbags so I can't blame Adrianna ! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:18 am 

There is nothing boring at all about a trip report. You could say you did the exact same thing every single day in the same order and I would still tune in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:12 pm 

I am loving your trip report :nanner:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:50 pm 

Myrtlebeachbum wrote:
We stopped at the general store to get some stewarts cream soda, and orange cream soda.

I love Stewart's Orange Cream Soda!! And, I love "live" trip reports. Thanks Ron.

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:33 pm 

Wednesday July 2nd.

We woke up to sun again! We walked the Apache Pier today, and had a free coupon to walk it! :nanner: Lot of fishing going on today, must have been a good day for it. As we were walking back to get off the pier we saw a photographer taking family photos near the pier. I started taking photos of them from the pier. I thought maybe I could make some extra cash, and see if they wanted my pictures too. :joker: Went back to the condo for breakfast and realized we were low on milk. Well was I surprised when I went to the Scotchman for a gallon($4.99)! :BandHead: That is the price you pay for convenience I guess?

Went to the beach today, and was it ever rough in the ocean. We got to see a lifeguard have to rescue someone from a rip current I'm sure. Saw too many people out to far today. the lifeguards were non stop whistling people back in. Came up for lunch, then back to the pool for the afternoon.

For Dinner we went to Russell's Seafood Grill and Raw Bar in Murrells Inlet. Excellent food and some great hush puppies. I will do a proper review when I get home. Stopped at Crazy Sister Marina to get a shirt. Wow is that place busy! We took a trip into Surfside to check on a house that Adrianna will we staying at towards the end of July with her Dad. She's lucky, two trips to Myrtle Beach in the same month!

Next stop was to Market Common, so they could do more shopping. While Brittany and Adrianna were shopping I sent a text to Leo to ask him if he could make the tropical storm go away until we left. He said "Don't be such a baby, it's a 100 miles off shore. A little rain, see a movie, it will be beautiful by 6pm tomorrow!" :lol: I then said to him Okay Jim Cantore! :lol: We left and headed back to the condo, and guess where we ended up again, the Food Lion. We have stopped a grocery store every night. When we get home we will have to go shopping again, I don't want to do it. Let's see of we can not go to a store tomorrow. Until tomorrow...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:27 pm 

Good to see Leo's name surface on here. Hope he is doing well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:26 pm 

Thursday July 3rd. Not much of a beach day thanks to Arthur. We did get to walk on the beach in the morning, before the non stop rain started. We were just hanging around in the room, except for a couple trips to the beach to get video updates. One trip out we went to Williard's for fireworks. Picked up a couple things there and back to the condo. We are going to venture up to BATB one last time, or maybe BFL. Brittany and Adrianna are looking for sports stores, and must be looking for something special that they haven't found yet.

Probably go back to the beach to see what it looks like later. The lifeguards did set up chairs, why they did that I don't know? There is garbage all over the beach, it looks like a trash can blew over. Some kids were playing football near the water, and we saw someone head down with boogie boards! :dontknow: I sure hope they don't plan on going in, dangerous rip currents flag is up.

Hope the weather improves before the end of the day so we can pack up the car. Until next year...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:43 pm 

We do the same thing as you do mostly, beach, eat, walk around and shop (if I'm in the mood to shop.)

Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:19 pm 

I enjoyed following you around. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:30 pm 

Thanks for taking time to write a report.