Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:32 pm 

No banana boat for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:26 pm 

Hayley probably doesn't weigh 80 pounds. Guy said I could sit behind her and wrap arms around to hold her on. Once on the raft I was in the next position behind her. As jet ski started his turn to pull slack out of rope I realized the idea was to be in same seat as she was. Here I was trying to slide up and get her wrapped up as raft started bucking over the waves.
Instead of having legs bent back under me and hugging the side of the raft I had them out in front with her in between them. Yeah. It was like bull/bronc riding. Holding on for dear life with legs bouncing all over the place.

Made it home without any major difficulties. Some rain for an hour between Tabor City and Laurinburg. Just the right amount to wash off the salty film on vehicles.

Last exit on I 74 before hitting I 77. Traffic at full stop. Didn't hesitate and hit the exit. App on Stan's phone said I 77 totally shut down on the mountain. Ran back through the woods to Rt 52 and up Fancy Gap on the old road. Perfect timing. We had just discussed my trips to the beach in 60's. No ac. AM radio. No interstates. Showed them the only way south back in the day.

Traffic backed up at the 77-81 split. Been a few years since we've had that problem. Backed up 2-3 miles from the merge point. Info signs say to use both lanes to merge point. Sat in single file line for maybe a mile before saying heck with it. Traffic engineers want us to have two lanes backed up. I'll give em two lanes. Drove up the right lane and merged over in front of everybody else. Not courteous. Not polite. But that's what the signs said to do.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:36 pm 

pop2748 wrote:
"THINK" we just passed Emmy.....Ruann and I just walked down to Ocean Drive. As we approached our building I saw head of bushy hair coming at us. Walked within few feet of her. She looked. I looked.....Ruann said it must not be her if she didn't know me.....I stopped and waited. She walked down a little farther and turned back. I stood there and looked her eye to eye. Still not sure.
HEY EMMY......You wearing flowered suit.

Well, well. Here is the dreaded post I heard so much about!! Yes, it was me Alan! I will reiterate in the NICEST possible way that saying a woman has "bushy hair" and that it was "coming at us" is NOT and I repeat NOT a very nice description. My hair is naturally CURLY and it does NOT move or live on it's own :wink: ! Your lucky I am a lady or who knows what terrible things I might be capable of saying :tongue3: !!

Great seeing you buddy and it was a pleasure to spend so much time together this trip even if it was actually by coincidence! You are forgiven but next time you refer to me as a Yankee, New Yorker (not too bad), or a giant walking ball of bushy hair I can not be responsible for what might be written :shock: !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:10 pm 

Yes Ma'am......I am sorry Emmy........Was trying to get your attention.........Didn't count on THAT much attention........I'll be good from now on.............I'll even be nice to people from.....You know.....Over th............Across the riv..............Ahhhh come on........

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Emmy, I read your post to Wally, and I could hardly get through it because I was laughing so much.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:51 am 

Sun n' Fun wrote:
You are forgiven but next time you refer to me as a Yankee, New Yorker (not too bad), or a giant walking ball of bushy hair I can not be responsible for what might be written :shock: !

:hysterical: You're killing me Emmy! :hysterical:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:12 pm 

:ac41[1]:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:40 am 

Emmy, I think y'all should just move on down here! That would solved being called a Yankee! I give you one month of living down here & you'll be saying "y'all" to everyone!!! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:55 pm 

Playing on You Tube. Found our Barefoot Landing guy......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeYnC0n6RHw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Alan!

I emailed him and asked he wanted the photos. He did, I sent them and he said "awesome. thanks"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall