Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sea Watch 6/14-6/21
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:49 pm 

We have arrived at MB!

Day 1

After spending last night in Columbia, we left a little after 9:00 this morning and headed towards Little River to catch the Sea Screamer. We got there around noon and went in to Capt Juel's Hurricane restaurant to get tickets. The weather was perfect for ride out to the ocean and it was hot! The ride lasted about and hour and a half and was well worth it in my opinion. We rode up the coast some to Sunset Beach in North Carolina and then headed south to just off the coast of North Myrtle Beach. We saw several dolphins throughout the trip and got a little wet too, but it felt great to be honest since it was so hot.

After the boat ride we stopped and got a snack and headed south towards Sea Watch. Our condo's check-in time was at 3:00 and we arrived shortly after that ready to hit hit the beach. This is our first time staying at Sea Watch and were very pleased with the resort itself and our condo as well. We quickly unpacked and put our swim suits on and made our way to the beach. The water felt great, I'm guess the water temp was probably in the low 80's. It was just nice to be back in the ocean after a year away.

We didnt feel like doing much driving tonight so we decided to give Duffy's a try at their new location near the resort. There was no wait so that was a good thing since we were all pretty hungry. It was pretty good, not the best I have had by any means but I would probably eat their again. After we were eating we noticed a crowd by the pond behind Chesapeake Bay restaurant and we went to check it out. There were three alligators by the shore and some folks were throwing hush puppies and bread for the gators to eat. I would think that is illegal to do that, but there were a lot people doing it. I did get some good pics of one gator.

After dinner, we went to Wal-Mart. I'm sorry, but I can't go into further detail about that. It's a bad memory that I am going to try to forget. However, we did survive and we made it back safely to our home for the next week.

To be continued...

Post subject: Re: Sea Watch 6/14-6/21
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:17 am 

Yay!!! This is wonderful!! We are coming down in a week so its good to hear that the water is fine!! I'm glad you had a good first day other than the Walmart trip. I hear Saturday is a bad day to go since it is a popular check in day. Can't wait to hear more! Have fun!!!

Bay View-2008
Laquinta Inn 48th-2013
Mariners Cove-2014

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:18 am 
Site Admin

Heath, you going to be a hero today for posting a live trip report. The "Beasts on the Board" have been getting antsy! :clown:

Sea Watch usually gets good reviews, and I'm happy that it seems to be a good match for you.

The SC Legislature states:
(C) It is unlawful to feed, entice, or molest an alligator except as permitted under state and federal law. A person who violates this subsection is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one hundred dollars or more than one hundred fifty dollars or imprisoned for up to thirty days, or both. The magistrates court retains jurisdiction of this offense.

I know the place you mentioned. It is a very popular gator watching spot, but I'm sure the restaurant doesn't have time to patrol the area, and in general people don't know that there are any laws governing gators.

Ah...WalMart. I was there yesterday, and I've known for years that Sat. is THE worst day. But I needed salad 'fixins and this time of year the turnover is so fast that I know the veggies will be fresh. But as I walked past the lettuce I saw this woman looking dazed and muttering something under her breath. I said "Can I help you find something?" She focused on my face and said "I'm from Virginia. I navigate the Beltway every day, but I am lost in Wal-Mart." LOL! I found out what she wanted, led her to the aisle, and pointed where she needed to go.

Thanks for the Sea Screamer review!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:26 am 

Live trip report ! the best ! :nanner:

Alligators associating humans with food.... not the best long-term strategy :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:50 am 

:nanner: We finally get a trip report. Thanks so much.

I refuse to do the Saturday Walmart thing. We try to head to Piggly Wiggly right before check-in and although it's crowded it is tolerable. You can't even turn your buggy around in Walmart on that day. If you start down an aisle you have to go all the way down it. No turning back. I guess thats why the lady was frustrated. She knew that if she picked the wrong aisle she couldn't turn back.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:57 am 

We usually hit the Kroger that is over a couple blocks from Sea Watch….it is crowded but better than WM.

Enjoy your week!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:47 pm 

We also have been going to Kroger my Blood pressure rises everytime I think about going to Walmart on a Saturday...The last couple times we went I had to leave the buggy at one end of the aisle with my husband and kids while I tried to make it down the aisle...Usually to find that most things I was looking for was already gone.....

Post subject: Sea Watch 6/14-6/21
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:00 pm 

I always wait until Sunday to go to wallyworld. That place is a nuthouse on Saturdays. Hope you guys have a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:15 pm 

:party[1]: Thank you for the live report. It sure helps counting down the days.

I was pretty sure you would like Sea Watch. I thought it was a wonderful resort in a great location.

My niece who is 12 will be vacationing with us again this year and the Sea Screamer might be something she would want to do. I love getting out on the water so I am am up for that adventure.

Have a wonderful vacation and I can't wait to hear more :sunny:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:24 pm 

Yay for a trip report! Thank you so much!!! Wal Mart on Saturday is a nightmare...we normally hit The Pig before we check in...but last year we forgot to buy coffee..major bad...and we went to the Pig around 8pm...WOW! We could not even move in the store(this is the one in Surfside)...made friends in line with a nice gentleman from Chicago...My husband and I and this guy talked from nearly 30 minutes before the line moved...this year we are bringing some coffee from home... :lol: Can not wait to hear more about your trip!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:51 pm 

I'm glad to hear that everyone is liking the live trip report, I will try my best to post an update every night.

Day 2

Despite the traumatizing Wal Mart experience from Saturday night I was able to manage to get a good night's sleep and woke
up to a bright, sunny Sunday morning. I got a cup of coffee and sat out on the balcony for a while as the morning began.
This is one of my favorite things to do every year, its the quiet before the storm when the kids get up. Speaking of that,
this is several years in a row that we have been in Myrtle Beach on Father's Day and I can honestly say that I can't think
of a a better place to spend it than here with my family.

We went down to the beach and it was high tide. There wasnt a whole lot of room so we set up some chairs behind the
umbrella line and waited for the tide to go out some. It finally started going out later in the morning and we moved up some
with water. I went for dip in the ocean and even though it was still morning the water was surprisingly warm already. A little side note, the water temp actually got up to 83 today. I threw the football around with my son for a while and then we went in for lunch. Not long after we came out from lunch the clouds started to build and it looked like it might rain, but it never did where we were at.

With the low tide that we had now the beach had plenty of room so my wife and I walked down to the Apache Pier and took
some pictures. I had always seen the pier at a distance and had never been this close up to it. It was bigger than I
thought it would be, we may check it out later in the week.

We spent the the rest of the afternoon on the beach until it was time to go in for dinner. We went to Liberty at BATB and
only had to wait 10 minutes to get a table. It was good as usual and after dinner we decided to pay a visit to our old friend The Donut Man. We got a dozen to take back with us and now I'm writing this trip report. And yes, the doughnuts, or donuts I guess I should say, are/were very good.

That's all for now, we'll see what happens on Monday. Looks like some nice weather ahead!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:07 am 

Sounds awsome! Thanks! :wav:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:14 am 
Site Admin

I know it's not easy to live reports, so we appreciate it even more! Sounds like you're having a fantastic trip!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:36 am 

Just joining in on everyone's excitement over a live trip report!! :cheerleader: We're headed back down in 9 days so these reports are helping with my obsessive planning! :) Thank you for taking the time to share your trip!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:59 pm 

So excited about a live trip report, finally. You are doing an excellent job of holding us hostage waiting for the next installment. Keep up the good work as it does not take much to impress us.
Judy