Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:35 am 

Anybody want to hear a trip report? Get loud and maybe I will tell you all about it! :ac15[1]:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:00 am 

Yes please (on knees) pretty please :hello: :wav: :nanner: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:12 am 

Yes!!! Please!!! :bellydancer[1]: Will dance for trip reports!!

Bay View-2008
Laquinta Inn 48th-2013
Mariners Cove-2014

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:11 pm 

Absolutely!!!! :bounce:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:02 pm 
Forum Support

Heck yeah! :wav:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:56 pm 

I will not dance, nor sing, but I'll throw up our Tar Heel gang sign. We're so close to leaving, I can smell the air and taste the fried goodness. So please, fellow Heel, let a brother know how you warmed up Cherry Grove for my arrival.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:24 pm 

You are a TEASE! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:49 pm 

:cheerleader: yahoooo!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:18 am 

Now that I got the nest stirred up, let us begin!
Monday, May 26
We left the house around 9 a.m., making a stop at my moms to leave our soon to be 2-year-old Brody for the week. We knew we would miss him so much, but we were able to enjoy things a lot more without him running around everywhere. Michelle, Riley (4-year-old) and I got back on the road around 9:30 and made our traditional stop at Biscuit King for breakfast. After that it was on the road for two hours before a bathroom break in Cheraw (really Wallace :(...) Quick sidebar story if I may. For years my family would always stop at this same gas station for a bathroom break because it is the halfway point of the trip. They have a delicious pizza that I would always get, so stopping there made it all the more special. We had always known it to be in Cheraw, until a few years ago when my beautiful bride broke the bad news. On the gas receipt it said Wallace and not Cheraw. Had my parents been lying to me all these years because Cheraw is a cooler name? Now my wife could have just kept it to herself, but what fun is that? She proceeded to tell me, putting a dark cloud over a tradition we've had all my life. And by the way, as I've gotten older and have to use my own money now, I no longer buy the overpriced pizza.
Back to the trip report.
We were a little concerned that our first day or two would be spent dodging bikes from the rally. To our delight, many of them passed us on their way out of town.
We arrived in North Myrtle right at 2 p.m. and decided on Hamburger Joe's for lunch. (I will write reviews in the dining section) We got 20 wings, two salads and an order of fries. It was some good grub to start out the week.
We dropped in at Elliott Realty to check in, but learned our room was not ready and that we would receive a text when it was. As we pulled into the parking deck at the Prince Resort, my phone buzzed and our room was ready. :nanner:
The Prince has two towers - one on the oceanfront and the other across the street. We were in the tower across the street, but looking off the balcony you would have thought it was oceanfront. We were on the 19th floor, and with nothing but a parking lot and houses in front of us, we could see the entire beach and hear the waves. We saved a little more than $100 for the same view.
Now I am one that likes to take a walk on the beach soon after we get settled in, but all Riley could focus on was the pools and lazy river on the 9th floor below us. Being the princess of the family, :angel13: she got her way. The water was quite cold, but we had a great time and even made it down to the beach before it got dark.
We went to Barefoot Landing for a bit to walk around. I got me a bottle of Cheerwine from the Barefoot General store and Riley rode the carousel. Other than that we just soaked it all in.
For supper it was Georgio's Pizza on Main Street. We had a large pepperoni pizza, cheese sticks, and Michelle got her jar of their homemade Italian dressing that she enjoyed the entire week.
While Riley was getting tucked in, I made my way to Boulineau's to pick up a few groceries. I must say I enjoyed shopping at 10:30 at night. It was basically me and the groceries with no hassles.
When I got home I'd had enough and hit the sack. It was a perfect first day!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:20 pm 

Sounds awsome so far!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:29 pm 

TarHeelboy wrote:
While Riley was getting tucked in, I made my way to Boulineau's to pick up a few groceries. I must say I enjoyed shopping at 10:30 at night. It was basically me and the groceries with no hassles.

Oh how I love Boulineau's!!! What a perfect way to end your first night!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:18 pm 

Thought I would post a picture of my lovely ladies so you know what everybody looks like. Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:53 pm 

Well done, sir. Now tell us more! I want to know how much a lb of deli ham is at Boulineaus. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:09 pm 

TarHeelboy wrote:
I got me a bottle of Cheerwine from the Barefoot General store!

I love this stuff. The first time I tried this was in PA. A friend of a friend from SC brought this to a picnic we went to near Hershey Pa. Good stuff! :icon_smile:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:04 am 

What a totally adorable picture of your wife and daughter. Sounds like a great trip so far. Looking forward to reading more .