Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:59 am 

We rented a 3br in Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort last summer. Let the verbal whipping begin for being tardy with the report.
We have never stayed this far south in the 17 years of trips the Grand Strand. Renting a place off the beach was new also, but turned out to be very enjoyable.

I rented a golf cart from Pawleys Island Golf to use on the grounds which was wise choice and fun. It came in handy for beaching and breakfast trips to Eggs Up Grill, Websters, Starbucks and the Piggley Wiggley which is across the highway.
The resort is beautiful. The lakes and the beach deck are a giant plus for a relaxing vacation for the adults. Mostly beach, pool and shopping everyday. The kids kinda missed the attractions of Myrtle Beach but, this is 95% about the kids so we drove to MB I think almost every night.

The first night we went to Liberty Steakhouse, good as always and did BATB. Second night we let the Kids go to the Aquarium and have dinner on their own. On our own in MB the adults decide on Capriz for a dinner for two. In the middle of dinner we see that everyone is at Capriz just at another table. Other nights Calif. Dreaming, Flamingo Grill and Gulfstream Cafe. Entertainment wise we added Cap't Hooks golf, Kirks Ice cream and Pelicans Baseball. Ice Cream happens to entertainment for some vacationers.

New dining... Pastaria 811 for great Italian was considered by everyone to be new favorite. Quigleys Pint and Plate was a lunch choice twice. Pawleys Island has some great dining choices.

At breakfast at Websters Tavern at LBGR on Friday, My wife and I met board favorites Ed and Sandra. I saw them on the porch and told them I knew them from their posts on the board. We had a great conversation as we got breakfast. They are two lovely people. It was like running into an old friend.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:06 pm 

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! How was Flamingo Grill? Haven't been in years but we really used to enjoy our meals there!! We also really need to get to a Pelicans game. There is so much we always want to do but the time just flies! Thanks again for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for your trip report! You discovered a cople of our favorites - Pastaria 811 and Quigley's!

Sounds like a great vacation! You got a lot done and ate at some good restautants, and even one we've missed - Webster's. Did you like it?

I'm sure everyone enjoyed the golf cart, and Litchfield is a lovely location. Thanks again!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:58 pm 

Enjoyed your trip report. Sounds like you and your family had a great time. Are you planning on staying at the Litchfield Resort on your next MB vacation? Just curious if you would wind up closer to all the attractions.
Judy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:48 am 

I was really thought Websters would not be great but, it was very good. On par with Sea Captain's House maybe better. Everything was very fresh and eggs cooked to order. I think Ed and Sandra are fans of Websters also. I can't begin to say how nice Ed and Sandra were.

I was interested to go to Frank's for dinner but, didn't make it. I don't remember any reviews on Frank's. This year I would like to try Frank's, Pawleys Island Tavern, Bistro 217, Nosh and Landolf's. Sounds like two trips this year.

My family were fans of Cagney's. We did Flamingo Grill on the last night for our 22nd anniversary. We were on a bit of a time schedule and the service started very slow. A group of eight wanted checks split in twelve (I think). I spoke to the manager that we needed to be somewhere at a specific time and it was taking to long to order. When she took charge, it was a home run. Blackened Prime Rib for me and Filet and fried lobster bites (wow so good) for my bride. Gave us and five star service and the food was terrific. I will be back and I can say Cagney's lives on.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:55 am 

beachlady wrote:
Enjoyed your trip report. Sounds like you and your family had a great time. Are you planning on staying at the Litchfield Resort on your next MB vacation? Just curious if you would wind up closer to all the attractions.
Judy

Yes, booked for June 14. It is just perfect for us. I think it's relaxing to be at LBGR in daytime and MB at night. I will say my wife took them one night after dinner at Pastaria 811 and I went to bed. Too much sun and bread.