Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:34 pm 

Ron, I always LOVE reading your trip reports! You write so well! One can feel the excitement in your reports! And thanks for including Jordan's reactions! It's refreshing for those of us who have been coming to MB all our lives! :notworthy:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:57 am 

Monday morning we wake up to gorgeous weather .

Patti heads out early for her morning walk,waking me when she closes the door. Not wanting to get right up I watch about 20 mins of tv in bed.
I pull myself out of the bed and the boys are still sleeping,so I head out onto the balcony to watch the morning walkers.After about 20 mins one woman catches my eye.She was off in the distance,but there was something about the way she moved as she walked. Sexy yet classy. As she gets closer I notice her figure .Wow!!!
A little closer and I notice her flowing hair.Feeling guilty I look away. A few seconds later and I look back and she's closer.Now I dont feel so guilty as I realize that this beauty is my lovely wife, Patti. Im a lucky lucky man.
The boys are waking, and Patti walks into the room where I meet her with an affectionate smooch. She asks me what that was for,and I tell her its because she is perfection.She blushed and asked if I had been drinking.

The boys are up and ready to hit the beach and pools, as we scarf bagels on the way to the door.
Down we go and Patti parks by the pool as "da guys" hit the waves.Great waves and alot of fun with the boys.
Now they decide to grab their sandals and check out the pier.(Ugggh,Im still rashy :ac17[1]: ).But I give in and we take the mile or so walk.Onto the pier and to the end to watch and talk to the people that are fishing. As we walk back to the store/arcade at the start of the pier,we notice a guy really fighting with something on his line.We watched for a good 20 mins as the guy fought. And as he got it close to the pier we notced that is was some sort of shark,probably 5 ft :shock: . However,as soon this guy got it a little closer his line snapped.I felt horrible for him as he stood there,muscles twitching from the battle,looking so defeated.
Not knowing what to say we headed into the arcade for something to drink and to play the "Deal or No Deal" game,that dispenses tickets when you win. We played for about 30 minutes,accumulating about 140 tickets.
Not really wanting the little tacky treasures that you can trade the tickets for,we looked for a young kid to give them to.We looked around and saw the cutest little girl with who I assume was her grandpa.I headed over and asked the liitle girl if she would like the tickets and she shyly backed away.I told her it was ok,and her grandpa asked me,in an Italian accent,if I was sure. I said yes as he thanked me and the girl sheepishly smiled,showing one baby tooth missing.
The boys and I hung out for a few more minutes and headed out.As we did,we saw the grandpa point at us to a woman.Im assuming his wife.She smiled and waved at us.We waved back and headed out.
We enjoyed our rashy walk back to the hotel,joking,people watching,and enjoying each others company.
As we got back to the hotel we noticed Patti had headed up to get ready to head to dinner,so we did the same.The place of choice today was Crabby Mikes on the south end.
Patti wanted to take the bi-pass 17 but we wanted the main drag so we could take everything in as we drove.
Got to Crabby Mikes about 4pm and it was already busy,but we only waited about 5 mins.LOVE this place.So many selections and we have never been disappointed in the quality of the food.
Jonah was wide eyed as he got to the buffet.The poor kid was overwhelmed,so I told him to take small amounts of things he wanted to try,that way he could try new things,and not get too stuffed too quickly.
45 mins later,between the 4 of us,with had put on a total of 137 lbs.Soooo stuffed that I could barely move.
Now,what do you do in Myrtle Beach to work off a full belly? No,Broadway At The Beach is later in the week lol. We decided on mini golf,and Jordan picked Professer Hackers.
We all had a great time joking and playing.Not too hot to play,as it can get sometimes.I won :cheerleader:
At this point we decided to hit up a few surf shops.Patti and I just walked around as the boys shopped for their girlfriends.
Back to the hotel for?????? You guessed it,Patti reading and the boys and I on the beach with the football.
Up to the game room for about 30 mins.
Im ready for bed and the boys say they are hungry.I tell them to eat,but they say theres nothing to eat.
How come,when you have enough food to feed an army,theres "nothing to eat"?
Well, the boys want me to take them to Super Wally,and Im glad I did.White Castle burgers!!!! Yeah,buddy.
An hour later we are fed with about 10 White Castle Burgers each,and we all fall asleep watching a dvd.
Another perfect day in Paradise.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:41 am 

This is so sweet! :love1:
Quote:
I head out onto the balcony to watch the morning walkers.After about 20 mins one woman catches my eye.She was off in the distance,but there was something about the way she moved as she walked. Sexy yet classy. As she gets closer I notice her figure .Wow!!!
A little closer and I notice her flowing hair.Feeling guilty I look away. A few seconds later and I look back and she's closer.Now I dont feel so guilty as I realize that this beauty is my lovely wife, Patti. Im a lucky lucky man.
The boys are waking, and Patti walks into the room where I meet her with an affectionate smooch. She asks me what that was for,and I tell her its because she is perfection.She blushed and asked if I had been drinking.

I love the way you write - it's very conversational like the way I write so I really enjoy your reports! Sounds like another successful day! I may have to try Crabby Mike's when we finally decide to commit to a buffet.

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:18 am 

Thanks Ash.Im glad youre enjoying the report.
I feel bad that it took so long and some of the finer points are a little foggy,but I think Im nailing most of them.

Im going to try to get this next installment in, but if it posts mid sentence,its only because we are getting crazy wind since last night,and the power went out :tongue3:

Tuesday started as every day does,with my gorgeous wife walking on the beach as "Da Guys" get our lazy bones out of bed.

Today we decide to spend the entire day at the beach and pools as it is dj day.We have a dj,poolside,for the majority of the day,playing music and playing games (limbo,trivia etc).
As usual I walk the beach NOT FINDING ANY *&%$*# SHARKS TEETH. I think I have officially given up looking :sad: . The boys decided to stay up at the pools with Patti.
After awhile of strolling pretty much directionless,I hear the dj start. I continue to stroll for another 10-15 mins when I decided to head up to the pools.
I noticed Patti laying on her perch getting some rays,and Jordan and Jonah in the pool,leaning against the wall,watching the festivities.
I slid in next to them as the dj played some sort of "club" song, and tried to get people to dance. Now mind you its pretty crowded around the pools at this point,so there are alot of people to watch.
Nowwwww,the young guys and girls were fun to watch,for the most part,and I had to laugh at the dads watching there teen and teen+ daughters CLOSELY as they danced in their bikinis,making sure the guys stayed away :cool: .
But what I had an issue with were some older women,obviously "feeling good" and some other young people gyrating like it was foreplay. Now Im no prude,not by a long shot,but this disgusted me as this is a family resort and their were young kids around.
Luckly all of these people kept their cloths on and a good time was had by most.
Jordan and a girl he met from Ohio won the chicken races. I think they both received a coupon for ice cream,and they had a little date later that night.
After a few more hours by the pools the dj started packing up and we decided it was a good time to head up and get ready for dinner. We all took turns showering and getting ready.
Off for an early dinner at Duffys by Tanger on 17 by Super Wally. Great as always.
I apologize for not listing what meals we eat,Im honestly just too lazy to write it down :dontknow:
Now we decided to drive south and check out Bolineus (sp?). We have meant to get to it several times but never made it.Tonight we did.
It was pretty fun walking around and checking things out.I wasnt overly impressed.
Now I dont want to be negative,but Im from Rochester NY ,the home of Wegmans Supermarkets.If you have ever been in a Wegmans or a Wegmans Superstore,you know that these places are elite.EVERYTHING you can think of.Tons of different brands at great prices,unbelievable deli's and bakerys,restaurants,reading areas,movie rentals,sushi bar,pizza ovens,sub shops,pharmacies,and more.Just massive.Disappointed may be too strong of a word,as I really had no expectations,I just wasnt...wowed.Alot of fun nonetheless and Id go back.
After while we leave and decide to do some more beach shop hopping.We do this until about 9pm and head back to the condo.
Patti.....reading and us the boys and I to the beach for a couple hours.
Up for some snacks,a dvd,and bed at 1am.
Another gorgeous day in Paradise.Tomorrow.....Jordans 17th birthday.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:43 pm 

RonPxRonp wrote:
Now we decided to drive south and check out Bolineus (sp?). We have meant to get to it several times but never made it.Tonight we did.
It was pretty fun walking around and checking things out.I wasnt overly impressed.
Now I dont want to be negative,but Im from Rochester NY ,the home of Wegmans Supermarkets.If you have ever been in a Wegmans or a Wegmans Superstore,you know that these places are elite.EVERYTHING you can think of.Tons of different brands at great prices,unbelievable deli's and bakerys,restaurants,reading areas,movie rentals,sushi bar,pizza ovens,sub shops,pharmacies,and more.Just massive.Disappointed may be too strong of a word,as I really had no expectations,I just wasnt...wowed.

Whatever Ron...find your own darn pumpkin seeds next time :wink: :wink: ! Boulineaus is iconic.

Being that it is an inanimate object and can't defend itself I must do so for it :ac17[1]: When we first came to MB back in 1981 it was a wooden building one story tall selling floaties out front. I guess it represents Cherry Grove and to those of us who dearly love that end of the beach, it is the heartbeat of that area. It's not a superstore by any means and actually quite expensive. We love it anyway for it's humble beginning and for withstanding the sands of time (pretty eloquent huh :wink:) Now back to our regularly scheduled trip report :sunny:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 pm 

Emmy....wowwww!!!! lol
I enjoyed the place.I guess Im just spoiled by Wegmans. I'd DEF. go back though.It was a cool place to see,and the location was fantastic.

Wednesday-Jordans 17th Birthday,so he gets the day to plan everything.
This morning there was no beach for me and the boys.As soon as Patti got back from her walk and showered,we were off.
Now,for the life of me I cant rememeber the name of this place,but its in the north and has go carts,climbing wall etc.
We got in line around 10 am and there was only a few people ahead of us,so we were in pretty quickly.
The boys headed right to the go karts and waited in line...and waited...and waited.About 30 mins later they got in their first ride.Where did all these people come from? :dontknow:
Anyway,the poor birthday boy had a cart that was defective and kept getting lapped by the other cars.It was a little funny and he took it in stride.That is,until he waited 30 mins again,and got kiccked off the track because he accidentally bumped another car on a turn,and the car spun out. I was not happy with the kid running the track but I bit my tongue.
Tired of the cars, the boys decided to go to the "Slingshot", I believe its called.
Basically the boys were on a platform and got strapped into a tandem harness.A rope would pull the boys backwards and upwards,where they were probably 75 feet in the air.There was a countdwn and the boys pulled a release wire and down and out they swung.Back and forth until they finally came to a stop.The boys really enjoyed this.Patti not so much :ohnoes: .
Inside for a cool drink and then the boys decided to do the climbing wall.Now this was funny cuz it was hot,their hands were sweating and slipping on the plastic pegs,so they kept falling.But then this pretty young girl about their age walked up,that they fully noticed, :cool: ,and up the wall she went,right to the top. Needless to say,I teased them the rest of the day. Big strong athletes got punked lol.
A few more rides and some games in the arcade,and we were all ready to eat.Its about 3pm at this point,so we knew we'd get into Jordans restaurant of choice,Margaritaville,quickly.Ummmm,not this time. 30 min wait,which still wasnt bad.
We got in and were seated at a table DIRECTLY in the sun.After being in the sun and heat for the last 5 hrs,this wasnt good,so I asked if we could move.Without a problem our server moved us.About 3 minutes later the same server came back and said the table was promised to somebody else.Well,too bad,Ive been in the heat for 5 hours,THEY can move :twisted: . I may have thought that,but I moved back to the original table.
For the whole meal I had 3 napkins.1 for my mouth and 2 to wipe the sweat pouring off of me like a water faucet. Worst meal ever,but I joked about it so I didnt ruin Jordans birthday meal.
After we ate we walked around Broadway at the Beach (my favorite) for a couple hours.Jonah was just mesmerized by all the store,restaurants,and things to see.He LOVED it.
After Broadway it was off to Mt Atlanticus.NOOOO mini golf courses like this in Rochester,not even close.Again,Jonah couldnt believe what he was seeing. Im glad he came with us.Made us appreciate Myrtle Beach even more than we do.
Back to the condo where Jordan got his gift...money.What else does a kid his age want?
Patti decided to....yuppp,read and watch tv,and "Da Guys" ended the night doing our thing...football,music,arcade,another trip to Walmart for White Castle,and a dvd before bed.
A fun birthday for Jordan,and expensive one for Patti and I,but all worhtwhile. My boy is 17 and will be off to college next year. Damn you Father Time..slow down :sad:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:25 am 

RonPxRonp wrote:
Emmy....wowwww!!!! lol

You know I was kidding right :lol: !

College for Jordan next year? WOW! I still see the little boy in the chair with his daddy on your avatar. It does go too fast but the good part is that you realize it and seem to enjoy everything you do with him and your family :hello:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:29 am 

I am looking forward to when my kids are a little older and can do more in MB - but I DON'T want the time to go fast!! I don't want them to grow up!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:32 pm 

Love it so far ! =]

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:10 pm 

Well,Im losing focus and Im sure everyone is tired of waiting for the remainder of this reort so I'll put in the short version for the last couple of days.

Thursday-Beach and pools.Another dj day,but today was more mellow.No Club MTV, poolside. People danced but no fear of body parts flying from their bathing suites.
Da Guys went to Peaches for the best hot dogs on the beach.Patti off shopping on her own.
After Peaches Da Guys hit up every shop in the area and shopped. Over 3 hrs of wasting time and spending money :shock: .
Patti met us at Landshark for drinks and appetizers.Great view and a fun time.
Back to the condo to clean up and relax.
Pelicans game.We LOVE going to the games,and its a must whenever we are in M.B. Pelicans won :cheerleader:
Back to the hotel.Patti read as the boys and I hit the beach and tossed the football around.
Gameroom,dvd,and off to bed.

Friday-Last full day :sad:
Spent the entire day at the beach and pools.We looked for sharks teeth alot,and GUESS WHAT?????? Nothing :BandHead:
After awhile we went upstairs to clean up. Patti and the boys head off to Tanger Outlet to spend more money. I was all shopped out so I went to Hooters to watch football.
I know some people frown on Hooters for the girls attire,but its shorts and a tank top.Who cares??? You get the same dress at a beach bar.Plus the food is really good.
My waitress was a cute 25yr old who moved to M.B.from Ohio, 3 months earlier,not knowing anybody in the city. She said shes making great money and loves the weather.She's also made some fantastic friends. Brave girl.
Patti and the boys join me a a couple hours later.We decided to eat,as Ive only had beer at this point.
Watched the rest of the game and headed back to the condo.
Packed and loaded the car as we were taking off at 3am.I had to wrestle the next day in New York.Patti wasnt happy lol.
A litle more ball on the beach as I try to fill my lungs will beach air.
Upstairs and off to bed.

After a tearful goodbye to paradise,we are on the road by 3.15am. Smooth sailing all the way to New York.

I am happy you took this trip with us,in report form,and hope you enjoyed it.

With Jordan graduating and off to college next summer,Im not sure if we are making it to M.B. in 2014.That will be the first year we missed since 1993,but I will try to make it happen.Regardless,I will be on the board.

Everyone,take care.
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:20 pm 

I can feel your sorrow as you typed the last day - always bittersweet (being in MB but knowing it's coming to an end). :???:

How did you like Landshark? I know it's newer and we walked through it aft ehr skywheel, but didn't eat there. It's on my list to look into for our next trip. Can't really beat the view. I saw Deanna's review on Landshark, but thought maybe you had an opinion since there isn't much for reviews for that here with it being newer the past couple of years.

Thank you for sharing your trip - I really enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:52 am 

Ash,
we really enjoyed Landshark.We've never had a full meal,just usually appetizers and drinks.
Very well prepared at a decent price.The staff is very good and attentive.Its quickly becoming a "go to" place for us.And of course the view...wow!!!
I'd like to try it sometime at night to see if it has a more festive atmosphere.We usually hit mid afternoon.
Seating is wide open,with oceanfront dining,theres also tables a little further back but elevated to give a good view,as well as bar seating (indoor and out).
I would suggest trying it at least once.
Let me know what you think.
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:24 am 

Awesome thanks! I will add it to "the list"! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:24 pm 

Ron, I thoroughly enjoyed, as always, tagging along on your holiday. You squeeze the most family time possible out of every day. I have my fingers crossed for you for next year and hope you don't break your streak of Myrtle Beach visits. Thanks for sharing.