Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Compass Cove Oct 13 - 21
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:08 pm 

Arrived on Oct 13th. Had a 2 day drive down from Mississauga (Toronto). We stayed in Wytheville Va. We've been resting and relaxing. Did some shopping. We've been to the Tangers on 17 yesterday and went to many souvenir stores in Garden City today. Got in a round of mini golf at Gilligan's Island (LOL) and had dinner at outback.

Been buying mostly cloths for our newly born Grand Daughter (Oct 6th). Planning to spoil her and piss my son off in the process as he say....NO MORE SHOPPING

Bit by bit pictures are being uploaded to my Facebook photo albums.
Feel free to look, no account required.

Myrtle Beach Oct 2013

Grand Daughter - Paulyne

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:28 am 

Something I look forward to every year,
the best Sunrise in the world,
a Myrtle Beach sunrise :sunny:

Taken Oct 17/13 @7:23

Last edited by dbusguy on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:45 am 

WOW!! That is a beauty! So glad you are having a great time!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:01 pm 

Had an awesome day today. Barb and I met with Patrish and had lunch at 2nd Ave Pier. What a lovely lady. It will be the highlight of the trip. We tried many times to join a meetup in September but never worked out with our kids along with us. This year, it's just the 2 of us and we set our minds to contact Patrish for lunch.

Grand daughter is doing fine but we do miss her. She's growing up without us there. ;)

Here's the picture Patrish had the server take.

After lunch we took a walk on the board walk, quick trip through Gay Dolphin and then 501 Tanger.

Time for a nap now. :hello:

Last edited by dbusguy on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:08 am 

During our meet up with Patrish, Barb found out that we do trip reports. So I let her write up the second half of our vacation. So here's her report.

Friday we decided to check out Broadway at the Beach. We’d never been before, even though we’d been to Ripley’s Aquarium several times. We had no idea that there were all these other things to see and do there! We walked around a bit, and had fun feeding the fish. Talk about a feeding frenzy! As soon as Don threw a few nibbles their way, total chaos ensued. Quite entertaining! Had lunch at a great little place called Key West Grill. We sat outside on the deck, by the water, as there was a really nice breeze. Don had the fried flounder and I had the pulled chicken sandwich, with fried plantains, which I had never tried before. Delicious! Our waitress asked where we were from, and then told us she was from New Jersey. She didn't like the cold winters and decided to move somewhere warm. After lunch, we checked out a few more stores. The Stupid Factory had some silly shirts that made us laugh. We passed a restaurant called Sweet Carolina’s. After reading the menu, we decided we’d come back tomorrow and have dinner there. Back to the hotel for some rest after all that walking. We had dinner that night at Golden Corral. Our server spoke so quietly, we never heard a single word he said! Good thing it was a buffet, and we served ourselves.

Saturday morning we decided to finish up some souvenir shopping. We went to Dunkin’ Donuts for lunch (Don loves their apple fritters!) and then Wings souvenir shop which is right next door. We went back to Broadway at the Beach for dinner. We wanted to try Sweet Carolina’s. When we got there, it was just starting to rain a little bit so we decided to eat inside. We each had a combination platter. Don had pulled pork and tilapia. I had ribs and grilled shrimp. Good food, no complaints. When we left the restaurant we noticed it had rained while we were inside. But luck was on our side, the rain had stopped, and we had a chance to walk around some more and check out the sections we didn't see yesterday.

Sunday was a quiet day. We started packing for the trip home. I had to take inventory and see exactly how much I had bought for our new granddaughter. It was quite a bit, I must say! So, after sorting everything, packing, and organizing receipts we decided to go for a drive. We ended up having dinner at Applebee’s, at the north end. Everyone was dressed in football shirts. Every tv was playing a football game. Americans really do enjoy their football…! I'm more of a hockey fan myself….! After dinner, we went for another drive, this time south. Saw a beautiful sunset, and shot a few pictures from the car. We turned in early since we wanted to get an early start on our 8 hour drive the next morning.

Monday morning we left the hotel around 8:30 am. We arrived in Summersville, W. Virginia without incident around dinnertime. We checked into the Sleep Inn. We'd never stayed there before, but had such a bad experience at the Super 8, that we decided to try something else. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, clean and bright. The bed was very comfortable. We had dinner at Bob Evans. There are not a lot of choices for dinner in Summersville since it’s a pretty small town, nestled into the mountains! The only interesting thing about dinner was that our server’s name was Autumn!

Tuesday morning we woke up to a rainy, foggy day. We had a really nice breakfast at the hotel and ran into some other people who were also travelling home to Toronto that day. I knew they were Canadians right away, because they had no accent! We left for home in the pouring rain, so it was slow going through the mountains. But as soon as we entered Pennsylvania, the sun came out. We arrived in Mississauga at the end of rush hour. Instead of going straight home, we stopped by our son and daughter in law’s place to see our new granddaughter, Paulyne. I couldn't wait to hold her again and see how much she'd grown! Our Myrtle Beach vacation had come to an end.

Don't forget to check out our pictures. There's been many updates. Links in first post.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:18 pm 

Great trip report, Barb & Don! Love the pics, too!

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:45 pm 

A nice ending to your joint trip report. Your holiday sounded like you did things at a nice relaxing pace. I like how you squeezed in the "Grandma shopping."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:49 pm 

We forgot to report about the southern hospitality on the way home. We were driving north on 501 and we knew we still had to stay on 501. Just before Marion the GPS was sending us right onto a ramp. It didn't seem right so we pulled into a driveway for some building to check our maps. Just as we were figuring it out, a guy comes out of the building to offer assistance. Seeing our Ontario plates (tags) he thought we were lost. We confirmed that we did have to go right to bypass the business section of 501 through Marion. He then said he's from Winston Salem and there is a new highway, 311, that's not on our maps or the GPS as it just opened a few months ago. We followed his directions and ended up being the only ones on the new section of the road. What a time saving. True southern hospitality. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 pm 

We try!!!

Post subject: Compass Cove Oct 13 - 21
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:27 pm 

Some of the pictures from Facebook plus many more at
https://picasaweb.google.com/1167640443 ... directlink

Sent using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:40 pm