Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:10 am 

Thursday -

Ya'll are going to love today's activities! :roll:

Not the best of beach days, so off to Hudson's Flea Market. We found a HOT sign on at Krispy Kreme - so of course we had to stop and get our usual dozen hot glazed and 2 coffees. No - we didn't eat them all :clown: We shared them with a young woman and her little boy who had been sitting near us. I don't think they had ordered anything, but maybe there waiting on someone. It made me feel better to not be toting the extras along for later and hopefully it made their day. The little guy was all grins with a half a donut in each hand when we left :icon_smile:

We wandered around Hudson's and then off to McD's for something to drink. While there, we noticed a car wash nearby so, why not? It needed a good scrubbing because of all the bugs that met their maker on the hood on the way down.

Once the car was all shined up, we headed back north. Mike is having some problems sending e-mail, we think because of the connection here, but still trying to figure it out. He worked on that while I took a little cat nap on the balcony.

Dinner time arrived and we chose Hoskins on Main St. Here is our review:

http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=14653

And that's pretty much if for the day.

Vacation pics 2014

Last edited by Jan on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:32 am 

Love reading your report! I get the best naps in at MB, then feel guilty because I feel like I "wasted" time sleeping! lol But there is something so soothing about sitting outside in the fresh, warm air listening to the waves!

I'm missing our fall trips to MB - we're headed to the Outer Banks next week...maybe slip down for a day or two...but we just felt it was time to start exploring other areas again. Missed the trip last year because we went to Gulf Shores instead. Both great areas and we love our trips there...but still, it's just not MB!

Enjoy your second week!! :drinkin:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:33 pm 

Jan
I just realized you are there for 2 weeks. That is really not fair. It was nice meeting guys.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:19 am 
Site Admin

Excellent trip report, Jan, and I love the photos! Glad you and Mike are having such a good time. Thanks for coming to the meetup!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:08 pm 

Friday -

Today we had breakfast in. It was really windy and we actually saw one of the NMB planted umbrellas get uprooted. Mike called tech support again about his email problems and they decided to send someone out to take a look. After he arrived and the issue was fixed (the port number wasn't right, which Mike thought might be the problem) I headed down to the pool area so Mike could get caught up on some work. After some really rowdy kids left the lazy river, I took my turn. I wish there was a graceful way to get in and out of those things!! Ya'll know what I mean ;-) :oops: :oops:

Mike came down after I had finished my laps around the river - and that's when I realized it wasn't as warm as I thought! A wet bathing suit in the wind is not very comfortable.

We got cleaned up and headed over to Barefoot Landing for any early dinner. We tried Smokin' Hot Southwest BBQ. It is located back where Tbonz and River City Café are, along the dock area. Here is our review:

http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=14658&p=103440#p103440

This would be a good location for a future meet up. They have outdoor seating along the water and a nice area in the back that would be great for mingling, and plenty of parking.

After dinner, we did some browsing around some of the shops and then came back to the condo for the evening.

Vacation pics 2014

Last edited by Jan on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:20 pm 

Saturday -

I got up early to try and work off some of the food that has been consumed over the past 7 days. After an hour of Zumba :bellydancer[1]: I put the coffee on and then headed down to the beach to cool off. Breezy and cool, sun peeking through the clouds, low tide….you get the picture. Found a few teeth along the way and "helped" a little guy find his first ;-) That was fun. He was so excited! :ac15[1]:

The Irish Italian Festival was today in NMB. Part of Main St was closed for various food vendors and entertainment. We walked down to check it out. There were quite a few vendors - arts & crafts, food from Italian Sausage to cabbage and potatoes, funnel cakes, cannoli, etc. We made a couple of passes and then continued on down to the Golden Griddle for breakfast. (I should have worked harder earlier this morning :BandHead: )

We made our way back and thought we would head down to the Boardwalk. We sure love this route from NMB, 31 to Grissom Parkway to Mr. Joe White Ave. We parked in a lot off a side street for $5. I called the kids because they wanted to check us out on the EarthCam. (We weren't the only one's doing that either-LOL!) Stopped in some of the shops and then hiked on down to the 2nd Ave Pier. We were both ready for a cold drink :beerchug: by the time we got there. I called our son on Skype so he could see the pier. As I looked down on the beach, I saw a couple of familiar faces - Leo and Charlotte! Mike got Leo's attention and we went down to say hello. Hopefully we can catch up with them again for a longer visit.

We went to Five Guys in NMB for dinner so we could hurry back for the OSU vs. Wisconsin game. Go Bucks!! :cheerleader:

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:00 pm 

I am so loving your report! Great to hear about Ocean Drive, NMB, and all it's wonderful places!! Makes me miss it so much!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:16 am 

Jan,

We could have had another meet up Friday night at Barefoot Landing. We were there and so were Cathy and Rich :lol: Doug walked by Smokin Hot and they gave him a free BBQ sample. He said it was good. Of course I was there for Maggie Moo's. I was not going home without it :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:00 pm 

Darn it, we could have met somewhere that night as Deanna just stated, :cry: too late now. We enjoyed meeting you, wish we had more time to talk.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:10 am 

Deanna & Cathy - It's funny how we all were in the same area! Hopefully our paths will cross again on another vacation. :sunny:

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:17 am 

Sorry - to hold you in suspense.....

Sunday -

We went to the 11:45 am service at Barefoot Church this morning. For lunch we met Leo & Charlotte, Vicki & Kay, Katie & Brett and the girls and Katie's Gramma Erma at McAllister's Deli on Pine Island Road. It was great to see them and we had a really nice visit. Brett told us he has tried everything to stunt Noelle and Kylie's growth, but with no success. They are beautiful girls!

From there, we left with Vicki and Kay to visit Myrtle Manor. This was something we planned to do together several weeks ago. It's easy to find, and as Mike L has said in other posts, as long as there is no filming going on, you can get drive through the entire park.

Here is a shot of the infamous pool sign: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohiomb2lover/10028957616/

And Tangulls: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohiomb2lover/10028898184/in/photostream/

We did run into Mike L. and he offered to take our picture at the pool:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohiomb2lover/10028952946/ Thank you Mike! It was great to finally meet him after all these years on the message board.

We of course had to stop by the merchandise trailer to buy a couple of shirts:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohiomb2lover/10029043143/

We caught a glimpse of Jared, Miss Peggy and Cecil, but that was it.

Vicki dropped us back off at McAllister's to get our car. Mike and I had to grab another sweet tea before leaving. We came back to the condo to chill and then later ventured out to BW3 for appetizers.

A very fun day!

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:20 am 

Monday -

There is not much I can do to today's report without drastically embellishing it. :oops: Here is the down and dirty truth:

It was a complete beach day. I sat our chairs out around 8:00 after a short walk. Shorts and sweatshirt to start the day, but by 11:00 it warmed up. We came in for a quick breakfast and then back to the chairs. Had to get up to walk and stretch now and then. It was a great day to be on the beach! :sunny:

Around 4:30 we decided we better pack up and go get some dinner. I was really craving a big salad and we ended up at Bob Evan's - Wildfire Grilled Chicken Salad and pumpkin bread for me. Mike had the pot roast. Perfect as usual!

Don't worry, we still have California Dreaming, Creek Ratz and Duffy's to visit, along with a trip to Brookgreen Gardens this week!

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:32 am 

Jan wrote:
Monday -

Don't worry, we still have California Dreaming, Creek Ratz and Duffy's to visit, along with a trip to Brookgreen Gardens this week!

After two nights of slumming it we're planning on Duffy's tonight if your interested. Think Vickie and Kay like the place if they'd want to drive up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:42 am 

Yes, we'd like to join you at Duffy's. Let us know which Duffy's and what time.

Vicki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:41 pm 
Forum Support

Thanks Jan for the Myrtle Manor pics and details. :love1: