Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Cathy! I've been enjoying your trip report. The meet-up last night was fantastic. Thanks to you and Rich for being a part of it. So glad you're having a great beach vacation!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:47 pm 

Friday, we started the day by going to breakfast with Vicki (Mz. Kitty) and husband Kaye. We went to Harrys Breakfast Pancakes on 23rd Avenue North in MBeach. We wanted to get together again with Vicki and Kaye before going home on Sunday. The breakfast was good, and the painting on a wall was a nice sea picture.

After that, we took our stuff to the beach. It was really windy, but sunny, and the ocean was very rough. After using the umbrella for a few minutes, we took it down before the wind destroyed it. After a little while we decided we didnt want to sit in the blazin sun, or fight the rough water, so I went to the pool while Rich went to the room. (we were also getting sand blasted from the sand at the beach that's why we moved to the pool area.) I do have to say the air was chilly, if you got wet, which I did. So I just sat by the pool in the sun and read.

For dinner we went to TGIF's , I had a gift card.

Then over to Barefoot Landing. We got a picture taken with one of the tiger cubs. We had one in 2005 with a big tiger but they no longer use the big cats.Then to a few stores. They were closing at 9, and I was browsing alot, couldn't decide what to buy so I said we would come back tomorrow night. I saw so many things in alot of stores and couldnt decide, like a kid in a candy store!!

Saturday morning, to the Spring House for breakfast. The day was overcast. We did go down to the ocean, though, and just sat and watched the waves and talked to our life guard. The water was cold in the morning! It was fun watching people go in the water and hear the kids scream because it was cold.About 2 oclock the sun did come out. I did go in the water, as it did warm up. We just went to Golden Corral for dinner, then to Barefoot Landing.

Guess what my husband bought? We saw a statue of a mermaid. It was okay I guess, I didnt say I wanted it. He tells me surprisingly that he wants to buy it. He said when he looked at it that it was like it was calling him to take it home. (He never heard the legend of the mermaids, calling the sailors at sea, then crashing the ships!! :lol: This was strange,but we have it.

I also bought 2 christmas ornaments, a STEELER item, a nice starfish necklace and earring set, a starfish bracelet, 3 candles, a Christmas picture, a nautical frame, a bowl with starfish, 2 books, taffy, a starfish tea light holder, a T shirt for me, my son and husband. A seashell night light.
A new bathing suit early in the week too. I think that's all.

We had a nice week, enjoyed seeing my friends and meeting new ones.

We left for home Sunday at 5:45 am and were home by 6:30 with an hour stop in between. Traffic wasn't bad on a Sunday, but I was off today to recuperate. I need a vacation to rest form the drive.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:59 am 

Loved your trip report Cathy! :lol: Glad you had a great time and enjoyed meeting you and Rich too.

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:17 am 

Sounds like just a wonderful vacation! My husband does the same as you; always takes the Monday off after vacation to rest after driving 12 hours :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:47 am 

Glad to know that you made it home safely. It was great seeing you again and maybe this winter we can get together. Hope so!

Vicki & Kay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:58 pm 

Thanks everyone for your replies. I took today off too. Grocery shopping, etc. Reality again. :mad: To work tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for the trip report, Cathy! I loved it!

" We got a picture taken with one of the tiger cubs. "
I hope you will be able to post it. I would love to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm 

Great trip report, Cathy! Sounds like y'all had a blast! Glad y'all made it back home safely!

Karen in Upstate SC