Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:20 am 

An hour on the road already. Driving to Cornelius NC to stay tonite and check in tomorrow. Plan on meeting with Mz Kitty Vicki for supper in Cornelius.

Husband and I fighting already. He says he wishes we could go one time without me telling him how to drive. In one ear and out the other. Haha.

Pittsburgh is a nail biting city to drive thru at least for me.

Looking forward to the meetup
The full moon over the ocean
Celebrating our 36th anniversary

Mostly getting away from my work place

Getting sunny days hopefully. I've seen clouds and rain most of the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:47 am 

Happy Anniversary and have an awesome trip!! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
Angela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:43 pm 

We are in Cornelius NC for the night. Met with Vicki MZ Kitty and her husband Kaye for dinner. :nanner: We are staying at an Econolodge and they are at a Days Inn. They are from Ohio. We get along very well and met them thru this message board. This was the hilite of the day.We went to the Acropolis, a Greek restaurant . The food is very good. If anyone ever stays in this area, try this place, the menu is huge. I had a chicken dish with pasta, others had a flounder dinner and pork chop dinner. The portions were very large. Had a nice chat and we will see them a few more times this week I'm sure.

Hey, myrtlebeachbum, you can tell your mom I am a front seat cop for Rich telling him how to drive :lol:

After getting thru Pittsburgh the drive was more relaxing. I read a book and the time passed quickly. My husband is a good driver, guess all the traffic just makes me anxious. He deserves an award.

Seeing the :sunny: here puts me in a good mood. Changed from long pants into shorts when we arrived here, and can't wait to get wet in the ocean, as it's not been much of a summer where we live.

Here in our room, just ate a large meal and who asks DO we have any snacks? My other half of course/ I said NO, didnt bring any!!! We just ate.
This time I really didnt bring any.

Until tomorrow, I'll post more. I'm not a very good writer, but I'll do my best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:40 pm 

YAY!! So glad you are safely on your way! Thanks for taking the time to write! I will be following you along for the trip and can't wait to hear about all the fun :wink: !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 pm 

Well, having grown up in the Pittsburgh area...I understand your pain Cathy...I hate driving through and around Pittsburgh...I never have gotten used to it...My parents were the same way...you did not drive to Pittsburgh onless it was extremely necessary...funny, how those things can affect your brain...Now my sister and her husband who live in the Wexford area...go all the time...no fear, no problems...sigh!...I guess I am just a chicken...and I drive in Columbus, OH...and it is likely just as bad at times...

Great that you are on the road...I will be following your trip as well...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:56 pm 

We left Cornelius after 8 am having breakfast at the hotel. It was a breezy sunny morning unlike my home area It just makes me feel better and more energetic when the sun is shining. We were in M Beach at noon. Went into Wendy's for something to eat, then to Wal-Mart for some food and by 2 it was time to check in. 2 trips to unload and by 230 settled.

Have been on the balcony drinking wine and right now there is a wedding on the beach or to be at 6. The music is playing.

We are just staying here tonite ,relaxing. We will also discuss where to eat this week with someone saying I don't care that would be Rich and then me picking a place.

Nice to be here enjoying the ocean breeze and forgetting about work.

DEANNA is staying in this hotel also. I'll see her tomorrow maybe.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:17 pm 

Cathy,

We are here :nanner: We saw the wedding too. We are all worn out so we are turning in early. Hopefully no rain tomorrow :sunny: I will be looking you up on the beach if Mr. Sun decides to show his face.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:45 pm 

Wishing you both sunny skies and warm breezes for you stay.
Happy Anniversary Cathy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:33 pm 

Today we awoke to Gray skies. It's bad for a beach day and also bad for the pocket book.

We went to Callahans Christmas store this morning. I bought some things , some for me. Some for gifts. RICH Sat outside after I was shopping too long.

On the way back we rode down ocean boulevard to the 2nd ave pier and back just checking for anything new. Noticed some new restaurnts.

Got back made some sandwiches and by 4 the sun came out. I TOOK my chair and a book and went down to th ocean. Just took pics of birds TOOK a walk and read. I stuck my legs in the water and it was.warm. Beach was deserted.

By 630 we went to cheeseburger in paradise we each had a burger and fries and are stuffed They were good.

Now the football game is on Steelers vs Bears.

That means if I think I'm having a heart attack or some other medical emergency it is going to be put on hold ME that is.

HE Always jokes no interruptions with football.

OH I did look for DEANNA on the beach but she wasn't out. Maybe another day.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:02 pm 

Sounds WONDERFUL to me...45 this morning when I got up...in SE Ohio....BOOOOO... :???:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:34 pm 

Congratulations on your 36th Anniversary. Hope you are having a great vacation in MB. Hopefully the weather will improve. We will be there next week and it looks as if the temps are going to be pretty cool. Have seen you on the board for so many years and had hoped to meet you in person at a meet-up. Unfortunately we will not be at the meet-up this week but will be at the one on Oct. 3rd hopefully. Maybe one of these years we will meet. Enjoying your trip report so far. Your sense of humor adds to it.
Judy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:04 pm 

Thanks for the replies. There are so many of you Id like to meet too, but I understand we all have different schedules.

Today we were greeted by Mr :sunny: and blue skies. :lol: I am waking up around 730 and going to sleep at a decent hour, about 11. Other years Ive stayed up until 2 or 3 then didnt want to get up early. Decided since the days are shorter this is what I need to do.

This morning we went for a walk , a very short walk , and took some pics. There was a breeze, sun, and no alarm clock to wake me today. I'm ashamed to say but every morning at home when the alarm goes off I say SOB. I know, Im going to hell :shock: Then we went got our chairs, etc and went down to the ocean. I walked up and down our hotel beach area looking for Deanna, did this a few times today but we kept missing each other. She now has a cell number to call one of us.

It is so interesting just sitting and listening to people talk, or watch people take goofy pictures of others. People do very unsafe things let ting their little kids out of sight to go in the water.

I thought the water was rough, so I just sat in my chair with my feet in the water.

About 4 we got ready to go out to eat for our anniversary to Rossis for 5 pm. We had a very good meal, Rich had lasagna and I snapper , scallops, tuna,and a side of fettucine. We were stuffed.

Thats the first we've been to this place in all the years we visit here. After that we took a short walk again, I think we were both too stuffed to navigate.

Now we are just watching tv, and Rich wants to go to breakfast tomorrow. All he wants to do is eat. I bought a small ring of shrimp on saturday and I haven't opened it yet, I can't get hungry enough to eat it and Rich hates shrimp.

I swear I'm not weighing myself I'm afraid to when I get home .

Until tomorrow..good night soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:21 am 

Cathy,

I wasn't on the beach Sunday it was just too cloudy and cool for me :cry: I am a weenie when it comes to being cold. I bought a jacket yesterday so I am ready to go now :lol: We didn't come out until around 1 yesterday. This cool weather is messing with my sun bathing :mad: I walked around looking for you yesterday and I went up to this woman and was too close not to speak before I realized it was not you :roll: I told her I was looking for someone and apologized :roll:

I told Rich on Facebook that we had plans for most of the day today and will not be out until very late this afternoon. I will give you a call. If I don't see you today I will be basking in the sun the rest of the week.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:44 pm 

Another beautiful day. I woke before my husband. We had a bet that I couldn't get up early enough to get a picture of the sunrise. Well, I did. I surprised him. I will post pics once I figure it out.

We went to the Plantation Pancake house for breakfast which is in North Myrtle Beach area. Here is how the day started. Deciding where to eat. I suggested either Plantation House or Dinos. I said I knew the way. We are staying in the area behind the Walmart by the Tanger outlets. I tell Rich to make a right at the light at Highway 17, to head North. We go a few miles, then I say, I think it's this way, just keep driving. Wrong thing to say :mad: Husband says well I'm not driving any further I'm turning around. I say keep going I know its up the road. No, he wouldnt listen. Then I say, well we have a GPS put the restaurant in it. So he pulls over and says its in. We turn around and go the wrong direction, I say I told you if you would have just listened its up the way we were headed.

He pulls over again and hands me the GPS. I put the RIGHT name in, it sends us the very first way and we come to the place. I say, "once again I am right" :lol: "you just won"t listen"

So we had a nice breakfast, pancakes, eggs, sausage for Rich and I had silver dollar size pancakes and oj.

He wanted to buy a T Shirt there. He wanted a solid color, didnt have his size. So he gets a lime green tie dyed T long sleeved. Says he will wear it. I roll my eyes :roll: and agree not wanting to argue in front of the clerk, after I'm digging thru a glass case they have the shirts in at the check out. All the sizes were mixed together. So those of you who will see us tomorrow, ask him where his tie dyed T is.

Then we drive to seaboard street, to find a Verizon store. My phone isn't working right. Put it in the GPS, it takes us to the street, we drove all thru the different plazas and couldn;t find the store. We ask someone and he tells us on the corner. Well, they need a high sign! Then, we pull into the wrong parking area, have to turn around and drive thru a Golden Corral to get to their place.

The employee fixes my phone, and Rich hears what was wrong with it. He tells me "well, there was nothing wrong with the phone, just operator error" meaning I had the settings set wrong. In my defense an upgrade was made on it automatically and I say thats when the settings got swithed, I didnt change anything.

Okay, next stop is to get a beach umbrella. We brought a canopy, yes a canopy user, BUT the steps are being repaired, which is the walkway to the beach, SO we would have to walk the whole way across to the other tower around a maze of pools and hot tubs, and lounge chairs and people which is quite a distance to carry our things. First we stop at a WINGS, none to pick from, but I bought a bathing suit. As I looked, Rich went in the Dunkin Donuts which is connected to wait, and on my way out he is talking to a couple he just met. One thing led to the other and I say I love to go on a boat while I visit. They say they are traveling with their boat, why don't we go with them? I say thanks, but we have other plans. I can picture it, couples bodies found in ocean after being stabbed 100's of times. No thanks.

So he decides to buy an umbrella, as the ones we had were ruined years ago. We go into an EAGLES store next, didn't know it would be so complicated. Do we want one with a vent, one that tilts, one that has heavier material, one that has a corkscrew for the sand? Do we use the tool the lifeguard has to make the hole to put the umbrella in? See, we do want to make sure our umbrella is secure, as we do our canopy. I didnt think he would put so much thought into this, as he usually makes quick decisions.

Well, we decided on one with a VENT, alleluia..time to pay and leave.

Okay, we then go back to our hotel, and get ready to go to the beach a litttle after 12. He looks over the balcony and says, the lifeguard must have went to lunch, we have to wait until he comes back so I can get the tool to dig the hole :pirat: Half hour later he returns, and we get the umbrella set up perfectly. Amen!

Bright blue sky, sunny day. Just relaxed the rest of the day and we did see Deanna about 5 oclock today. She called and we talked on the beach for awhile. Glad we saw her, we'll see her at the meet up tomorrow too.

Around 6 we packed up the beach stuff, had a pizza which we made in the the oven. Rich says that wasn't too bad eating here tonite. Then went to the hot tubs for a while and he is almost sleeping. The sun just zaps the energy out of him.

Another thing, there are people in long pants and sweat shirts on the beach with the sun out today. I think the weather is just beautiful.

Good night all,,,,,,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 pm 

Wednesday the day was cloudy. We went to breakfast at Sea Captains House,then we decided to go to the flea market in the southern part of MBeach. Alot of the spaces were empty since last year.

We then went to Cherry Grove to Boulineaus,the grocery and gift shop to browse.

About 2 when we got back it was still cloudy and breezy, but I did go in the pool, and then did some reading.

Went to the meet up at the 2nd avenue pier in the evening.(see this under meet up section)

Today, we went to Goose Creek Sc to visit my husband's uncle. We spent most of the day there. On the way back we stopped at Murrels Inlet and took some pictures. Then to BWAB, went in about 5 shops and decided to come back to the room and call it a day.

Tomorrow is to be sunny, I hope so I paln to be in the water.

Nothing too exciting today.