Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 pm 

Can I start my trip report now :roll:

Whew..I am becoming the queen of drama before vacation. Again, my little 89 year old grandmother has been sick and this time was hospitalized. This week has been really touch and go with our trip, but as of this evening it looks like it is a go. Bless her heart getting old is not alot of fun. With everything going on I haven't been able to get all excited like I normally do. I am ready to take a deep breath and relax.

We are planning to pull out very early Saturday morning and drive the entire 8 hours. We will be arriving before 3:30 P.M. and watching the Tennessee/Florida game at Buffalo Wild Wings. I am not too crazy about this idea, but our check in is not until 4:00 and apparently the owner of this condo is pretty strict with the no early check in rule. If the maids are still cleaning and you arrive early you forfeit your $250 deposit. Don't think I will be trying it :roll:

Just a few things I am really looking forward to this go around:

1) Meet-Up :nanner:
2) Can't wait to check out the full moon shining on the ocean Saturday night. Nothing more beautiful.
3) A new list of restaurants to try.
4) We are planning to see a show which we never do in the summer.
5) Lots of me time during some beautiful ocean sunrises.
6) Staying at a new place. :hello:

I will try and check in a few times during the week, but will write my report when I return. Hopefully I will have lots of new food pics :lol: and who knows what type of adventures I will get into.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:14 pm 

Hope you have a wonderful trip! I sure hope Golden Griddle is on that list of new places to try! Wednesday the special is french toast. You know you don't want to miss that. Looking forward to hearing all about the trip.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:44 am 

Have a safe trip. We are looking forward to meeting you on Wednesday!

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:50 am 

Enjoy your trip. I look forward to hearing all about it!
Angela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

Looking forward to seeing you! Drive carefully!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:20 pm 

Lucky you. Two MB beach trips this year. Have fun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:21 pm 

Zach,
Golden Griddle is on my list along with another breakfast place that I CAN'T WAIT to try :lol:

Jan,
It will be great to meet you too :lol: I love meeting all the members on our board.

Getting Excited :wav:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:48 pm 

Have a safe trip. See you soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:36 am 

yay!!! Have a great time Deanna! Want to hear all about it when you return!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:26 pm 

I have finally come to the realization that Myrtle Beach is over until July 2014! I can still hear the waves, feel the sand between my toes and taste the salty air. What happiness it brings. I can also still feel the frigid ocean breeze. Hint...Hint... :roll:

We were all very excited about staying at a new location this trip. I can honestly say that SeaWatch was great! I don’t think that I have ever stayed at a resort where the staff made such an effort to be nice and help in any way. ALL the staff made it a point to speak even when not spoken to and they always had a smile on their face. You could just tell hospitality was important and I liked that. We loved the location as it was conveniently located by Wal-Mart, Tanger and lots of restaurants. It only took minutes to get to many of the places that we wanted to go. I will say that I am not sure this would be the case during peak season. I know that I have seen cars backed up in this area and I would have concerns that traffic could be a problem. Someone might like to chime in on this?? I am curious since I would really like to stay at SeaWatch again.

We ended up getting a wonderful deal on our condo through VRBO. The owner was very professional and did a wonderful job working with me. Our condo was beautifully decorated http://www.vrbo.com/52461?utm_source=NL ... nerInquiry

The only complaint that I had was the mattress in our bedroom needed to be replaced. The springs sounded like they were falling out the bottom when we sat on the bed. Other than that we couldn’t have asked for better accommodations.

Here are a few pics of SeaWatch

SeaWatch Entrance

View from our balcony

View of North & South Towers Beach Side

View of the Apache Pier from SeaWatch. It is .8 miles to the pier.

Another view from our balcony. As you can see the morning sun was behind us and could not be seen from our condo. So in other words I had to hit the beach early to see the sun rise :mad:

We arrived on Saturday, Sept. 21st. Our first stop was Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Tennessee/Florida game. The game didn’t end so well, but the food was pretty good. Buffalo Wild Wing Review viewtopic.php?f=56&t=14661

At half time the girls headed over to check into our condo. Check in time was 4 P.M. and it was stated in our contract that if we showed up before then and the cleaning staff was still there that we would lose our $250 deposit. I understand why they do this, but I have to admit it was a pain in the butt. We checked in, watched the second half of the game and then it was off to Wal-Mart for groceries. Since we had been going since 4:00 A.M. we were ready to hit the bed early and be rested up for our first full day at the beach.

More to come....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:00 pm 

We woke up Sunday morning to a very dreary day. There is absolutely nothing worse than being at the beach and it being cloudy and rainy. According to the forecast this was the only rainy day so I pulled up my big girl panties and decided to make the best of it. I had found a new breakfast place that I wanted to try so I woke up the girls and we headed out. I wrote this review while at the beach because this was one of my favorite new finds. I LOVED Croissants Bistro & Bakery Review viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14645

After breakfast it was still cloudy and damp so we headed over to Tanger and enjoyed some female retail therapy. I kept thinking the skies would brighten up enough to spend a little time on the beach. Well that didn't happen :cry: I was very very sad.

I had done some research and had planned on several new restaurants this trip. Our first was California Dreaming Review viewtopic.php?f=53&t=14662

After dinner everyone went back to our condo for coffee and dessert. My sister in law made some wonderful apple dumplings with ice cream. They hit the spot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:14 pm 

Monday morning all of us girls hopped out of the bed ready for the beach. Boy, were we in for a big surprise...it was 60 degrees at 9:30 A.M. We were all freezing!!!! By the way we froze the day before too :roll: This was the pits. We kept kidding that it felt like January instead of September. With the cool temps and the ocean breeze it was enough to cut right through you. Burrr.. So we decided that we were going to swing over to Belk at the Myrtle Beach Mall and buy warmer clothes, No kidding all 4 of us bought long sleeves. Yours truly bough winter pj's and a warm up suit that I wore almost all week while at the condo. I have just about decided that I am a July beach girl, not a September beach girl :cool: Some of you may remember from my trip report from last September I sat with a towel wrapped around me on the beach. I know just call me weenie :roll: We got back to the condo around 1 and ventured out to the beach. As long as the sun was out it was tolerable. However, my big toe is the only part of my body that got in the ocean all week. Is that not sad...I didn't get to ride one wave. We stayed out around three hours and I enjoyed every wave that rolled in. Literally.

Another one of my new restaurants to try was Duffy's Street Shack. I had read good and bad reviews on the board so we decided to give it a try. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14663

After Duffy's we walked across the street to Turtle Crossing Cupcakes for dessert. Now I LOVE cupcakes and was very excited to try something new. The place was very clean and the service was great, however the cupcakes for me were just average. My brother in law thought they were so good he went back for a second. So it is all in what you like. Sorry I didn't get a pic of my cupcake :roll: I guess I was more interesting in eating it :lol:

When we left Main Street we traveled back down to Barefoot. We hit the Mole Hole and ventured over to the over side to buy our taffy. We didn't shop very long because we were all FREEZING. Good Grief!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Sea Watch is very picturesque, and it's in a great location. No, we never stayed there, but late one afternoon Wally had to meet with someone who was buying a house, but staying at Sea Watch. I had plenty of time to get acquainted with all the amenities! They also have a buffet on special occasion days like Easter and Mother's Day. We've been there a couple times and the food has always been delicious. It was fun sitting by a window and watching the tides come in while we enjoyed brunch.

Sorry it was so cold for you. I hate that! It seems like it is cooler earlier in the year. I can hardly believe it's October already, and yet I see the signs of fall everywhere.

Thanks for the photos! They are excellent!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 am 

Deanna, we have stayed at Sea Watch for over ten years now, typically the last week in June or first week of July. Although more crowded than when you went, the traffic never gets too bad. Convenient location for just about anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:37 am 

We woke up Tuesday morning to a beautiful sunny day. Ahhh finally! We girls had special plans today so I was extra excited. I dashed out of bed to catch the sunrise and do my 4 miles and then it was back to the condo to get ready. I have a very special couple who were friends with my daddy before he past that travel to Myrtle Beach with us every summer. They always stay at Marriott Grande Dunes, which of course is beautiful. This fall they decided to travel back over with us so Doug would have another golfing buddy. Two weeks before we left my little friend Pattie fell and broke her shoulder in 3 places. We thought for sure she would not be able to make the trip. Well to make a long story short she is tough as nails and she is kinda like me and not missing a Myrtle Beach trip. I had decided that this was the day that I would pamper her and get her out of her condo. Since we enjoyed Croissants Bistro & Bakery we decided we would treat her there for breakfast. We didn't tell her where we were going it was a surprise. When we pulled in she started clapping saying I have tried to get my crew to come here. She was super excited! Review viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14645&p=103510#p103510

After breakfast we traveled over to Tanger 501 and I helped her purchase a few things to take back home. Now when I say a few things I am talking two trips to the car with packages. Have Mercy! That shoulder didn't seem to be slowing her down any. She was wide open. After shopping we had tickets to the Legends Concert at 2:00 P.M..

I am just going to say it was ok. It didn't blow me away. I thought the Good Vibrations show at Carolina Opry was much better. We went to the show because my mother and mother in law wanted to see Elvis. Can I just say he was terrible! Very disappointed! We have seen Eddie Miles several times in Pigeon Forge and I guess we were comparing to him. This Elvis didn't even come close. Some of the other performers were ok, but I wouldn't pay $40 to go again.

After the show we dropped off my little injured friend and went back to the condo for Ultimate California Pizza. While we were waiting on the pizza I went down on the beach and visited with Cathy & Rich. What a fun couple! I wish the weather had been better so we could have met up on the beach more. Pizza was delish as usual! We played games and then called it a night. Tuesday was a wonderful fun day. The only thing I regret is it ended up probably being the best beach day and I missed it. Oh well.....