Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:29 am 

missingthebeach wrote:
Wonderful trip report! Thanks so much for sharing, I really enjoyed reading it. :cool:

Your report inspired me to ask Patrish about starting a Special Dietary Requirements forum. A place where people can share their experiences at various restaurants. Also if people are looking for places to eat with various foods that meet their dietary requirements. She gave me me go-ahead and I started it.

So if you would like to, I would encourage you to post your experiences as someone with Celiac disease. That way its easier to reference in the future for others. Hopefully others will do the same and we can have a nice reference for everyone.

viewforum.php?f=150

I think this is a fantastic idea!!!! I will do that when I get a few spare minutes!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 am 

Day 7: Friday was our last full beach day. I woke up in the morning feeling sad even though we still had a full day of beach left. I moped around in the room while getting breakfast and sat out on the balcony with my bowl of cereal and watched the ocean and the people on the beach until Anthony got up. We decided that because it was our last morning, we were going out to get breakfast. My mom had told me that Akel’s served Gluten Free pancakes, so this is obviously where we went. There was no one in the place but it was a Friday morning at like 8:30, so maybe it just wasn’t busy YET. This place didn’t seem like a place that got a lot of tourist traffic, and I really liked that about it. The food was great, and I was so happy to have GF pancakes on my trip. I will definitely go back next year! Before heading back to the hotel, we decided to make a pit stop at the Piggly Wiggly again for a few more snacks and bottled water. After that it was beach and pools for the rest of the day. My nephew was finally feeling better so I played with him for a while in several of the pools. It was great to see him happy and smiling again. I really wish he would have felt better during the early part of the trip, but what can you do? Around lunch time I headed up to the room to eat left over pizza for lunch and Anthony and my step dad walked down to a little bar down the street and got burgers. A bit later Anthony and I decided to head to the coffee bar and get some coffee and enjoyed a candy bar on the deck before heading back down to the beach. Everyone in our family was gone for the rest of the day, so we just read books and took cat naps until we decided we’d better pack up and head up for dinner. We knew we wanted to pack Friday night and get the car packed so we weren’t fighting with the elevators Saturday morning. We left for dinner and drove to the restaurant formerly known as Hannah Banana’s. I really don’t care for the new name at all. The parking lot was PACKED when we got there and we had to park pretty far away. Luckily we got a seat outside on the deck quickly. I love the atmosphere at this place, and I love looking at all the boats and yachts docked at the marina. There was about a 56’ fancy yacht I keep oogling over. I would love to live on a house boat down there. Ahhhh, the life. Anyway, we got our food and it was okay. It certainly wasn’t fantastic, but it was good. Anthony got a grinder which he liked a lot, and I got a “salad” sampler with the potato salad, chicken salad, and tuna salad on a bed of greens. It was nice a light meal so that was nice. We left there and headed to the Lazy Gator over at Murrell’s Inlet. I like to look around in here. They had a lot of neat Christmas ornaments, but we didn’t buy anything, we just browsed. We knew we needed to get back to the hotel and start the horrible task of packing our belongings. I kept a pretty good attitude about packing up. I know vacations don’t last forever and I tried to think about the positives about getting back home like eating better. Besides, being sad won’t get me anywhere. After we packed up and loaded the car, we went down for our last nightly visit to my parents room and played with my nephew. We all sat up talking until almost midnight. That was when I decided we better get to bed since I wanted to get moving as early as possible to get home.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:41 am 

Leaving Day: Woke up at the sound of the alarm for the first time in 7 days. It was a rude awakening.. literally! Anthony was still sleeping so I walked out on the balcony to check out the beach and take it all in. We ate our cereal at the table quietly. We really hate leaving. We aspire to live down here someday and hopefully soon.. just a few things at home holding us back right now, but eventually we will be down there for good! We stopped at the hotel coffee bar one last time and said bye to the woman we’d made friends with over the week. I told her we’d see her next year, and it didn’t occur to me until we were gone, we are most likely staying in North Myrtle next year. Oh well. Check out was really simple and I felt really sad riding the elevator down for the last time. I usually cry when I leave the beach but I know I have a lot to be happy about.. a new marriage.. kids eventually, a marathon in less than a month, Halloween, and Christmas! I kept relatively happy on the drive out. I said Goodbye to Myrtle until next year.

The ride home was pretty uneventful. We didn’t hit any traffic at all until Fredericksburg, VA and even then we didn’t sit for very long. We left MB at 8:40am and got back to our house in MD right around 5:30pm. I think we made pretty great time. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. I am not upset for one minute that I spent my honeymoon with my family. In fact, I felt blessed that they could all be there with us. It made me really happy. My mom went out of her way to make sure we had plenty to do and for that I am so grateful! I don’t know what I’d do without all her planning and excitement for us!

I already can’t wait to be back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:20 pm 

I enjoyed every second of your trip report! Congratulations on getting married!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:51 pm 

Great report. I remember reading about your upcoming trip months ago, and back then it seemed like it was so far away. I can't believe how fast this summer has went by. It seems like ages since my June trip happened. Sounds like you had a great time. Congratulations on your marriage, and glad that you decided enjoy the rest of us married folks in our misery :lol: (just kidding. It's really not bad all the time :whip2: )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:29 am 

Thanks to everyone who read and commented on my trip report! I miss MB so much already!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:08 pm 

Congrats are your marriage. Enjoyed the trip report. Wishing you many years together. We celebrate 36 yrs on sept 23rd.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:32 am 

Cathy wrote:
Congrats are your marriage. Enjoyed the trip report. Wishing you many years together. We celebrate 36 yrs on sept 23rd.

thank you!!!! Happy Anniversary today!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:11 pm 

Thank you for the wishes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:17 pm 

Brittany, congratulations to you and Anthony! May God Bless you with many, many years of happiness and joy! :ac15[1]:
Loved reading your trip report! One could just feel your joy in your writing! Glad that you had such a wonderful honeymoon!! :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:48 am 

Thank you Karen!!! I'm already schemeing for a way to make it back before our normal vacation.