Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 pm 

Well I am finally getting around to working on this trip report! The past week since vacation has been busy. Right before our vacation I had to pack up & move my classroom of 20 something years and move to a different building...that was fun...then upon our return to the real world(post vacation) I had 4 days to set up, unpack & get my grade 1 classroom ready for student visit day and open house...good thing I had a realxing vacation in between! And guess what, we get to do it all again when our new building is complete...could be any time from mid-Oct to Jan...

Anyway, our stay in Surfside was fabulous. One week in a condo at Golf Colony and then a week at a third row house called Cafe Mocha. This was our second year to stay at Cafe Mocha. So we knew exactly where everything was. This is a perfect location for us. The beach is just a short walk. The house is right near the ball field. Terry was able to watch girls softball practice from our decks. We were also able to view the movies in the park offered on Thursday nights. We could hear the sound too...it was like being at a drive in movie! We did not do a lot of exciting things. We ate at many small restaturants, all were yummy...nothing disappointed...all were reasonable. We did eat in one night(Thanks Stouffers frozen meat loaf and Bob Evans frozen mashed potatoes) Some of the places we ate were Crabby Mike's, Surf Diner, Joey's Doggz, Sundown Pub, Hamburger Joes, Ultimate California pizza, California Dreaming, River City Cafe, Joe's Crab Shack(we do not have one close to us at home)Plantation Pancake House...almost forgot...we ate at Angelo's for about the millionth time...new location...but we still enjoy it!We went to the Pirate Adventure Show...it will be great to take the grandkids to...we enjoyed it...cheddar biscuits were the best part of that meal...but did not really go for the food!
We visited the Flea Market one afternoon, BATB one evening, oh and we rode the Skywheel...loved it we will do that again...and ate at the Landshark...cuban sandwich was really great! The rest of our time was spent on the beach and around the pool at the house or just walking daily...we all had a wonderful time...we booked the house again for next summer...and are thinking about booking the condo again as well...This will likely be my last year of teaching before I retire so maybe I will get a fall trip in during 2014 as well!

Watching the weather for this past week I think we lucked out...we had some storms but no entire days of rain...can not wait until next year...

The trip home was smooth sailing. We stayed overnight in Mt Airy, NC. Left early the next morning...no backup at the split on I77...home around 3-4pm...even though we had our son mowing yard for us the grass was still high...they had so much rain in Ohio while we were gone...and it was COLD! BOO HOO!...still cooler than usual for August...but the week school begins it will likely be hot again...no AC until we move into our new building...then we will probably freeze...because we have never had buildings with AC...

Again, sorry this was so late and so brief...just many things going on!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:35 am 

Sounds like a great relaxing trip!! Thanks for posting!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:41 pm 

Thanks for sharing your beach time. With retirement around the corner you may have even more holiday time in your future.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:21 pm 

Thanks Christine! I sure hope so!
ScarletBegonias...it was one of the most relaxing trips we have ever done! Loved every second!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

What a wonderful time you had! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall