Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:39 am 

Thanks for the info, Cathy! We used to stay at Springmaid Beach years ago as we they are owned by one of the local industries in the county where we lived & gave county residents a discount. We never found anything that nice when we stayed in that area! It got so run down the discount wasn't worth it & we moved on. We are happy with where we stay now & don't plan to go back to Springmaid even though they have recently updated the facilities as they also updated their prices! :shock:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:54 pm 

Awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:13 pm 

patrish wrote:
Why is it guys don't like to shop? I think it's built into their DNA or something. BUT.....let them loose in Lowes or Home Depot and they can look at nails for 2 hours!

We also like sports and food! But shopping is physically painful.

Great trip report so far! Congratulations on finding the shark's teeth. I guess I'm the only one who will never find one!

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:10 pm 

Scott, I also fall into that sorry group. Every year I am determined but no luck.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 pm 

Scott,

Look for the shark's teeth at low tide, that seems like the best time to find them. And usually we have luck right at the edge of the water line. I know I'm showing my age when I say...remember the old plastic film canisters? Well we used to fill them with shark's teeth. My kids used to have a contest to see who had the most canisters filled. Some years their seems to be more than others. This year there seemed to be alot of them.
I just wish I had better luck with the sea glass. I only found a few of them this visit.

Cathy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:33 am 

Loving your report! Beautiful shells you found too. :sunny:

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 am 

Sorry I didn't finish this sooner...we've been busy getting daughter ready for college(Junior year already).

Wed: It was cloudy when we woke up, but decided to go to the beach for a while. Without the sun it was a bit cooler though. We then went to Murrell's Inlet and had lunch at "Creekratz". We sat outside but under the covered part so that we still had a great view of the marsh and were able to watch the boats go by. I had a chicken salad sandwich that was good. I can't remember what everyone else had, but I know they enjoyed their meal too. While there, a cat walked by our table and gave us that - poor me look so... I shared a little bit of my chicken with him... he must be a regular. He stayed with us until we left. Even though it was raining pretty good by now, we still walked the marsh. We stopped at the Lazy Gator and did a little shopping. (of course the guys waited outside)...I think their allergic to shopping !! By now it was getting late in the day and still raining on and off so we headed back to the condo and spent the evening at the indoor pools.

Thurs: Woke up to a cloudy day and also much cooler. Today we had planned to rent Jet Skis, but it was just too chilly for us.
So, my daughter and I decided to go to Barefoot to do some shopping. It's one of our favorite places to shop... The boys...not so much, so they decided to stay at the condo. For lunch we ate at Calif. Pizza, then went back to the condo. And when we got back, we had a good laugh because the guys decided to get Calif Pizza too. They had it delivered to them.
Even though it was raining we went for a walk on the beach and to the pier. Spent much time there and I did find some pretty awesome shells too. It took us about 40/45 minutes to walk back but we took our time. We also stopped to watch a bride and groom get their wedding pictures taken outside. It's always nice to see that on the beach.
When we got back we made a decision to leave a day early, because of the weather. So we did all of our packing this evening.

Friday: We stopped by Krispy Kremes on our way out. (we do this everytime we leave MB) and look forward to those warm donuts. On the road now at ( 8 am ) and stopped at J R cigars outlet on the way home. Hubby bought some more stinky cigars too.

Knowing the traffic on 95 we took Rte 3 to Rte 301. It is a little longer, but at least we were moving. You do go through alot of towns, but still better than sitting on 95. We arrived home around 11:45pm. A VERY long ride home. But worth it. And now we look forward to our next trip to MB.