Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:30 pm 

we just got home last night so I'll try and bang this out while it's still somewhat fresh in my head

7/31 We decided to head out around 8:45 pm, taking 2 cars (Nissan Versa) w. Corine (my gf), Conlan (aka C-baby), Shane (friend) and (Nissa Versa) my mother and father, and Elene (my sister). We stopped for gas/bathroom break and snacks. a little before Gettysburg and not again until somewhere in Virginia...

8/1 We then arrived at a Cracker Barrel before it opened, fell asleep for a while then ate some breakfast. We got into Myrtle Beach really early around 9:30. Check in wasn't supposed to be until 3 but we managed to get in by 1. We just drove around, hit up the store, and sat by our pool before we got into the room. Nothing too good happened today but we did order Papa John's for dinner.

8/2 We all went out to the pool the majority of the day and then went in to get ready for a trip to BATB. Liberty was on the menu for this evening. Everyone looked forward to the beer samplings they had, this year they said they did not have them, that they ran out of glasses. Really?..you're micro brew. With that being said the food was average, beer that they did have was warm (I was 1/3 when ordering a beer). After a decent run with our vacation it is safe to say that Liberty has been axed! We all walked around, hit up some shops, bought some new Panthers gear for my car and tried a lot of hot sauces at Pepper Palace.

8/3 Same pool routine. Corine and I went to Jersey Mike's for lunch, that place is soo good. Today for dinner I decided to grill up some burgers, went to the store, bought all the ingredients and they were awesome! I think we headed over to Barefoot Landing for a bit and did some more Panthers shopping.

8/4 Again with the pool routine. For dinner we went to Boardwalk Billy's for their happy hour. $5 1/2 lb crab legs is a steal. This place was awesome and we will be back in the future. Their beer selection is rather good as well. After that we headed back to Barefoot, then to the condo we went.

8/5 Move out day of townhome at Edgewater, and move in day to our 5 bedroom condo at the North Beach Plantation. We drove down to Pawley's Island to hit up Quigley's, as it was recommended here on the board. Everyone really liked it, and I think we will be back there as well. We moved into the condo and this place is massive. Shortly after we hit up the store again for groceries, beer, etc and went back to the condo.

8/6 It was pretty cloudy for our first day on the beach but we went out all afternoon anyway. Since it was so crappy out we decided to hit up Wild Wing Café. This place is usually a favorite, but the service was bad, you can tell the wings sat for a while, and they never tell you which flavor is which on the sampler. Safe to say this place is now axed! We then walked around Barefoot yet again lol

8/7 Pool/beach/ocean. My mom made skettie, so we all ate that. We then went back down to the pool/ocean.

8/8 same morning routine. Today for dinner we were going to Crab Catchers. We got a ride down on a golf cart by some dude and sat outside. This place is another new addition to our annual vacation. We drove around Little River for a bit after and then went back to the condo

8/9 same routine...Corine and I went back to Jersey Mike's for lunch because it was so awesome the first time. Got ready, layed around for a bit and decided we were going to go out by ourselves for a late dinner. We went out to Longbeards, which was also very good. My only complaint was my appetizer was a a bit cold, so I took it home and ate it later.

8/10 Move out day of the 5 bedroom and a downgrade to a 2 bedroom. I hate this to be honest. It felt like vacation was over. Just an average beach day and we ordered Ultimate California Pizza.

8/11 Corine and I hit up The Shack for lunch, which was amazing! Back to the condo for another beach day and Shane, my brother, and I went on the banana boat. They said they weren't intentionally dumping people today because there were too many sharks. This was disappointing to me, that's half the fun is falling off at a high rate of speed. We went to Taco Bell that night for dinner and my parents and sister went to Greg Norman's.

8/12 Last day for real now. Same beach routine, ordered some drinks from the very expensive pool bar. Tonight for the last supper went to Hamburger Joe's. Everything is always good here and it was the same this year. After that we went to the condo and watched Monday Night Raw.

8/13 We left MBSC around 9:30 and got back here to Frackville about 12 hours later. We stopped for lunch at a Hardee's and again at Gettysburg at a Sheetz. I'm totally motivated to move asap. It's freezing here in PA and I have work bright and early tomorrow. YES!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Awwww....I'm sorry you had to go home! Thanks for taking the time to write a trip report. Sounds like you had a fun time!

Glad you liked Quigleys....it's one of our favorites. I almost hate to recommend restaurants because, sure 'nuf, the restaurant has an off night when they go!

Sorry you didn't get dumped on the banana boat ride. I'm sure they have to be extremely careful when the boat's full and sharks are in the water.

Thanks again!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:36 pm 

Great trip report, Tyler! Sounds like y'all had a blast! :sunny:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:40 pm 

WOW! What a nice long vacation Tyler. Thanks for letting us tag along. I am so glad you liked the Shack in Cherry Grove. Great find right? Sounds like a great time all around. I know what you mean about wanting to move down like...NOW!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:49 am 

We caught a lift from that dude on a golf cart too. Its one of Little River's unadvertised thrill rides.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:26 pm 

Thanks for posting. The Shack and Hamburger Joes are two of our stops. Sounds like you had a good time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:17 am 

I'm in training right now for my new job and for the first 4 hours of the day we legit just sit here. I decided to read all my old trip reports and relive my vacations. Crazy how time flys