Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 pm 

Well we're leaving at about 2 am. Going down is my mother and father and my sister in their car, my friend Shane, my brother and I in my car, and my gram and her boyfriend in his truck. We should get there sometime tomorrow at our condo at Edgewater for a week, then off to the North Beach Plantation for out last 4 days. See you when we get back..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:36 pm 

Have a fun and safe trip. Let us know what you do while there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:42 pm 

No doubt you will have fun...Can't wait to hear all about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:31 pm 

Tyler, have a safe trip and a great time! I look forward to reading your trip report! :cool:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:23 am 

Have a fun time! :sunny:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:44 pm 

I am really anxious to read your trip report....we are considering North Beach Plantation for our 6/11 vacation destination.
Have a great time!!

Brenda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:49 pm 

7/24 Well it's been a while since I've logged in so let me try to think about how this whole thing went about. Saturday morning around 2am we rolled out and left home, went across town and added a third car to our convoy heading towards Myrtle Beach. Leading the pack was my father, mother, and my sister in their Chyrssler 300, me in the middle with my brother and my friend Shane in a Sebring, and behind us was my grams bf Kenny, my gram and their friend Linda in a Chevy pick up truck. This was my frist time ever driving the distance as usually we rent a van and just go together so it was pretty cool. Traffic wasn't bad at all since we left pretty early but as the sun started coming up and we started getting closer to Richmond the traffic started to pick up. I believe our first stop was at the Petersburg rest area around 630 maybe? im not too sure maybe it was later, but we were not too far away from eating breakfast at the Cracker Barrel outside of Richmond, the same one we've been stopping at the last few years now.

So we leave the rest room and we're on I-95 and it appears that my gas gauge is a little misleading and my car runs out of gas all the way over in the very far left lane. This was a scarey situation as my gram almost plowed into the back of us, and there's cars going 80 somethign by me as im stuck doing 40 coasting trying to get off the road. We made it to a marked off section between the road and an exit and waited for my dad or somebody to bring us gas lol. An hour later we're back on the road and ready to eat breakfast. I wasn't very hungry for some reason, but I did eat pancakes. After breakfast it was my friend Shane's turn to drive because we decided we we're going to split duty. Our next stop was at the Outlet stores in Smithfield NC. Nobody really bought anything except food at Dairy Queen, but oh well. We filled up and we're on our way again. I think our next stop was pretty close to the SC boarder at Bojangles or a Checkers, I don't remember but they had spicey chicken and it was very good. I guess we arrived in Myrtle Beach around 230 3 and we're able to check in at Edgewater as soon as we got there, after we showed my gram and company where they were staying, which was right across the golf course from us. Our room was very nice and we were there for the next week. Shane and I ended up falling asleep for about 4 hours from the exhuasting drive,but then we woke up to go get some food and alcohol with my mother. We had Papa Johns that night and ended up getting a Sam Adams summer styles variety pack for the night, great stuff. We just hung around, watched Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, and ended up walking around the area checkign it out all night and eventually falling asleep

http://www.barefootparadisevacations.com/property_photos.aspx?prop_id=158 our room.

7/25 Woke up pretty late this morning, ate breakfast hung around and then headed to the pool area. My family was already there minus my brother and I and Shane. We filled our cooler with some Pabst and headed over there. The water was uncomfortably warm this day, it was like we were in a really big hottub with no jets lol. The pool is right next to the waterway so we got to see jetskis and boats go by as well as looking at a lot of the nice houses people have built. The one was said to be never lived in as a guy that lives at Edgewater all the time told us so. After a while we headed back to the room and made some lunch, layed around and got ready for the evening. We all headed to the K&W Cafeteria, and it was really good this time. The chicken pan pie has been my food of choice for 15 years now, so good. After that my parents and gram etc headed to the docks to check out the boats, I guess that place reopened as last year it was shut down. We decided just to go drive around the area, as we we're all meeting at Barefoot Landing anyway. We browsed some shops and looked around and ended up meeting everybody at the wine place over by the Mirror Maze to do some wine testing. Not a bad deal for $2. It was really good and the girl who served us was rather attractive. We walked around some more and headed over to Ocean Blvd. Drove around for a bit, checked out the new little carnival type thing they have on Main St. and went to BiLo and then back to the condo. Same story different night.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

WOW! What a BEAUTIFUL condo, Tyler! I'll bet you really enjoyed staying there.
Glad to hear Carolina Vinyards in Barefoot Landing is still doing well. We loved the wine-tasting, too. Even bought some bottles to bring home.
Was the "new little carnival type thing they have on Main St. " the OD Pavilion Amusement Park?
I've been wanting to get up that way ever since they opened it, but Wally keeps dragging his feet, so we haven't made it yet. Somebody said it was more like a county fair than an amusement park. What did you think?

Thanks so much for writing a trip report!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:56 pm 

Hey Tyler...great report so far!! Love the condo, very beautiful! Can't wait to read more :sunny:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:31 am 

Tyler, enjoying your trip. Very nice place you stayed in! How lucky you all are to be traveling with so much of your family and friends. Glad your "out of gas" experience turn out safely. Your first few days have sounded sooo relaxing...makes me jealous as I am busily getting ready for the new school year. I have said before that reading this board is my number one way of detressing and relaxing after work! Thanks Tyler!

JoAnn :sunny:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:17 pm 

so 3 years later I saw that I never finished this trip report lol. Sorry everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:00 pm 

Shame on you :roll:

On one of my many miles of walking this year we walked through North Beach Plantation. I was amazed! I didn't realize there were actual houses there. I thought everything in that area were rentals. That is my new dream area to live. :nanner:

Very jealous that you get to vacation there. The resort looks amazing! Of course they keep it locked up tighter than a jail so I have never been able to walk through. I have only peeked in at the pools. Maybe one day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:50 pm 

Yeah, the whole area went from nothing to what it is now so quick. We originally did not have enough money to stay in the towers this year and were going to stay in one of the houses. Just so happens that after we had it booked the owners decided they wanted their house that week so we got moved to the towers in a 4 bedroom. Sometimes things just seem to work themselves out lol