Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 am 

Patrish, thanks for reminding me of the wine selections in the piggly wiggly. Here in Pa we just recently were able to begin to buy beer and wine in a supermarket but the amount and variety of wine available at the Pig was incredible to us.

Thursday
4th of July and finally a Chamber of Commerce weather day!!!! We went to the beach and pool and basically stayed there all day. enjoyed the beach especially today because i finally convinced my daughter that jumping the waves is fun. She has a water ski type life vest and I finally got her to go out where she could just float up and over each wave.

dinner was at chuck's steak house on restaurant row. Always good food here, we all had some variation of steak and enjoyed it all. one of the nice things was that they take reservations so we were able to spend a lot of time in the sun and surf and knew exactly when we had to get going to get ready for dinner. It was nice not having to rush or worry if the restaurant would be crowded. After dinner was back to the hotel for a walk on the beach, then we packed a cooler and sat at the pool area and watched people shoot fireworks on the beach the rest of the night. A couple of guys backed up a pickup truck to the beach access and unloaded cases of fireworks that they proceeded to shoot for the rest of the evening. These were big booming fireworks and it was amazing to see how many fireworks were being shot off all evening. my son loved being able to swim in the pool and watch fireworks overhead.

Friday
Since we knew saturday was going to be an all day pool/beach marathon for our last day, we decided to do a lot of traveling on friday. Day started off with breakfast an hot stacks on restaurant row. Then we did our souvenir shopping for folks at home and for us. Then back to hotel for swimming. I know i'm a little off track here but did anyone notice the "toe fungus removal" plane banner that was flying during this week? we just thought that was one for the books. We always get a kick out the plane banners, especially the wings/eagles banners advertising item that they no longer have when you go there, but a toe fungus removal plane banner took top honors this year!

Dinner on friday was hanna banana's sunshine cabana. We LOVED it here! We had good shrimp and fish and a nice drink called a morning sickness and just sat back and enjoyed a sunset and good music and good food/drink. I read a review on the board and decided to make it a stop this year and we will make this a definite return on future visits. There was a yacht docked called the pipe dream that all the patrons were in awe of. It was huge.

after dinner was mini golf at jungle lagoon at 3rd ave s. Then a stop at broadway for ben and jerry's and a ride on the zipline for me and my son. after that it was time to call it a night.

Saturday
The most depressing day because it was our last one! one last par 3 at cane patch. then all day at the pool and beach. We had take out from Jimmyz original hibachi at 62nd ave n. Good hibachi style food and cheaper with no show involved. They also deliver and have a drive thru if needed although for the life of me I dont know why a japanese hibachi place needs a drive thru. after dinner was more swimming and ocean, Then our last walk together on the beach for this year, loaded the car up and called it a vacation.

I've been coming to myrtle beach since i was 12 years old which is many years ago. My parents instilled a love of the beach to me and the need to get away every year with the people you love the most but sometimes take a little for granted. There is nothing better to me than to live vacation thru the looks in my kids and my wife's eyes. To watch them having a great time is one of the best feelings in the world.

Thanks for letting me go on (and on) and thanks to the board for all your great tips and responses.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:33 am 

geno71 wrote:
dinner was at chuck's steak house on restaurant row. Always good food here, we all had some variation of steak and enjoyed it all. one of the nice things was that they take reservations so we were able to spend a lot of time in the sun and surf and knew exactly when we had to get going to get ready for dinner.

GREAT review! Thanks so much! This is on our list for a "must do" for next trip. Love the idea of a reservation as there are so few places that take them in the MB area!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:40 pm 

Geno,Great report.Thanks for sharing with us.
Like you,Im a firm believer,that no matter what,if at all possible, you have to have that family time together. Luckily we have been able to make it to M.B. every year since 1993,and I know that our son has "beach soul" like his mother and I.And I can say with confidence ,that he'll carry on that tradition when he has kids.

Ron