Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:11 pm 

Friday, July 12th

As expected we woke to pouring down rain. We couldn't complain about our weather for the week, but this kind of rain on our last day was just down right depressing. Everyone wants to spend their last day on the beach.

On Friday we normally all head over to the House of Blues for breakfast. The guys usually don't golf and it is just a family day. In the pouring down rain we made our way to House of Blues. I just love this breakfast. It has a little kick of spice, but I like it.

This is our House of Blues pic

GO VOLS!

Since it was still raining after breakfast we headed back over to Tanger 501 so my mom could pick up a pair of shoes she saw at QVC. We were there for an hour or so and then headed back to the condo. We decided we were all tired and took a nap. What a waste of vacation time! I know some of you would disagree I just like to make the most of every minute.

Later in the afternoon we started talking about dinner and where we were going. I wanted to try some place new and several in the family wanted to go to Liberty. Last year at Liberty our meal was terrible and I said all week I was not going back. I gave in and let the majority rule that we would return to Liberty. As we were walking out of the condo my mother lets out a big shout. She had picked up two of the same shoe at QVC. Good Grief! So it is back to QVC we go while the rest of the crew headed to Liberty to get in line for our table.

As we were traveling back on Hwy 31 we exited off onto Grissom to Broadway. Apparently as soon as you take the exit the speed limit changes to 45 mph. Well guess who was going 55? Not me! Doug got a ticket. Could our last day at the beach get any worse? Doug was in a terrible mood after that. :mad: It set us back $185. Keep an eye on the speed limits. I am all for traveling back over in August to go to court. I am telling ya I would do anything to get to the beach. :sunny:

Around 6:30 P.M. we arrived at Liberty with a party of 8. We were seated immediately. When I started taking pics of our food my camera said my SD card was full. There was no way my SD card was full. It was just another downer on our last day at the beach. So I do not have any Liberty pics. However, we had the chili cheese fries as an appetizer and they were delish. Ryan had a ribeye and said it was very good. Doug had a T-Bone and was pleased. My mother and I shared the Hawaiian Chicken. It was very good. All of our salads were fresh and the dressings were some of the best we had all week. So with that being said Liberty has redeemed itself. I am really glad about this because it has been a family favorite for years.

After dinner the boy's played Dragon's Lair and the girls shopped and had Ben & Jerry's. I forgot to mention earlier that we had Maggie Moo's our night at Barefoot and it is so much better than Ben & Jerry's. We topped off the night watching fireworks at Broadway.

Saturday we were up bright and early for our trip home. I always say driving home from the beach is the saddest day of the year. We made it back and it is a week later and I am still in vacation mode. I guess I am always in vacation mode. :lol:

Here is a link to my Facebook pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... d57466693e

There are several different pics on there if you are interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:18 pm 

My brother went to Yamato at the end of June and was not impressed at all. They are pretty big fans of Japanese food and said they made of mistake by choosing their going back home meal there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:50 am 

Deeana, glad y'all enjoyed yourselves.

As for restaurants here, it could be one of the best on the beach yet during the season, it has been known that they can be off a night, there are many reasons for this.

As a side, if the guys like a good cigar occasionaly, next time y'all do Callahan's, they can go across the street to the Calabash Smoke Shop, get a good cigar and sit out on the porch in a rocking chair and people watch and you can spend an hour browsing.

Japenese, table cooking, I can't go into details, it has not been in the press, it's the kind of thing that is kept out, people expect shark bites, drownings, etc but I know of group who recently dined at one of these places and were taken by ambulance due to having been set on fire. Crazy stuff!

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:51 pm 

Gary,

Thanks for the smoke shop tip in Calabash. Our guys do smoke cigars while playing golf. I guess if you hit a good shot you get a cigar. :roll: I will pass this on to Doug. I am sure it will help increase my time shopping :lol:

Well that is scary about the Japanese restaurant. I can see how it could happen though. I have to say I do love occasional Japanese. We have a great place that we go to in Chattanooga. In my opinion it can't be beat.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:56 pm 

Such a great report. Laughed about the pics. My guys absolutley hate pictures in a group. I love the ones you take, at least the guys will do it.

Do come back in September if you can. I'll be there Sept 21 to the 29th. Vicki (Mz Kitty ) will be there too. Staying at the Seawatch which is near the Walmart by the Tanger area. I can't wait to see them again and hopefully Patrish Wally Leo and Charlotte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 pm 

Deanna,
I always love your reports.So detailed and upbeat.
Being we are leaving in less than 3 weeks, you have me in full beach mode.Luckily I have the Beach TV app downloaded to my phone,to hold me over.
Ron