Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: June 1-14
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:10 pm 

Now that you've got pictures, I've come back to read. Wow, that sunset is stunning as is the view of the bridge and all the lights.

Quote:
I am amazed at the politeness of the service people in SC.

Isn't it awesome how polite they all are. Every dinner we've gone to we are asked if we'd like a drink for the road. I was sitting waiting for a take-out order at the little restaurant across from us and a lady was waiting on putting in her application for work. She was "Ma'am" this and "Ma'am" that. Everyone calls me Sir and my wife and kids Ma'am. People with southern accent in the elevator calling my wife and kids Ma'am. Just acknowledging someone in an elevator with you is foreign to us up north, LOL. They all say hello or how are you and I am as well, but it feels so weird.

One thing we have up here in PA though is we slow or stop short to let traffic out of parking lots and side roads. My wife reads a lot of blogs from down south in the Carolinas, Alabama, Louisiana and they all say that they are surprised at us Pennsylvanians on the road letting people out in front of us. Weird, it is just something we do every day driving that seems to be foreign to everyone down south just like the Ma'am down here is something they do that is foreign to us.

We both only have 1 more day now to go. Hope your last is enjoyable. I don't know when you are leaving on Friday, it is strictly a travel day for us getting up fairly early and heading out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:07 pm 

I have a couple more days. Will be traveling Saturday and back to work Monday. I agree with the mam's and sir's. It really is lovely to hear politeness in the world but you are right, it doesn't extend to the driving LOL. I hope we get a coulple of warm sunny days as i would like to do some poolside snoozing! and a few more blogging entries as well!

Diane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

I loved seeing all your photos! You got some excellent ones, and the sunset is beautiful!

One nice thing about Myrtle Beach is that it's not far from Charleston or Savannah. Those are both excellent "weekend getaways" for us. Wish the weather could have been better for you, but it sounds like you had a fun time in spite of it!

Looking forward to hearing more about your vacation.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:14 pm 

Thanks for reporting.

The stingray picture is so cool.
We don't usually see much wildlife from the piers other than the little fish that people catch. We must go at the wrong time of day or something.