Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:34 pm 

We originally were going to come down on Sunday 12th and stay until Wednesday 15th. We found out that it was bike week and started thinking of other last minute options. Thanks to the people on here and the other forum place we decided on Friday around lunch that we would just head on to MB Friday afternoon.

We arrived home, packed, and were on the road about 6:45pm. We stopped and ate dinner at Westwood BBQ in Hartsville, Sc. It is a great little hole ink the wall place that's been there for years. We arrived at Ocean Blvd about 10:15. We headed south and decided to stay at Holiday Sands South at South Beach (the condos tower).

We stayed in a one bedroom oceanfront condo. It was nice and clean. The pools were clean the entire time. The staff we encountered were all friendly. We will stay there again in the future. It is a great busing for your buck place.

The weather was awesome the entire time until we were leaving to come home this morning. It was a little cool this morning.

We ate breakfast Saturday and Sunday at the Ocean View Cafe in the original building each morning. They had a great little breakfast Buffett for $6.95 a person with coffee or tea for A$1.25 more. It was great for the price. We ate at Crabby Mikes Saturday night. Everything we had was great like always. Sunday night we rode around and ended up at The Great American Buffett at 79th ave N Kings Hwy. nine of us thought to much of it. It has seemed to gone down hill since the last time we ate there.

We just went for a much needed break. We spent some time on the beach, in the hot tub and lazy river, looking at motorcycles, and just enjoying the weather.

We were very concerned about coming down during bike week. I heard many horror stories about the Atlantic Bike Week and just assumed the Harley Rally would be the same. I was wrong. We went early during the rally so I believe that we missed the majority of the bikes. I will not hesitate about coming down during it again.

Overall, we had a great quick getaway. Now I'm counting down the days until our summer vacation.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for taking the time to write a trip review! You picked a perfect weekend to visit us, and I'm so glad you had a fun get-away!

Glad the bikes did not bother you. They are here now, and it's fun to see so many beautiful Harleys.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:14 pm 

Thanks for a much needed trip report. Sorry to hear about The Great American Steak and Buffett not being very good. Many years ago, we used to go eat there about every trip. Used to be a pretty good place.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:32 pm 

Ahhh...A trip report. They never get old. Thanks for sharing. Sure wish I could get a weekend away to the beach.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:37 pm 

MBKY wrote:
Thanks for a much needed trip report. Sorry to hear about The Great American Steak and Buffett not being very good. Many years ago, we used to go eat there about every trip. Used to be a pretty good place.

I agree that it used to be really good. We learned about it maybe 6 or 7 years ago from a local who use to dale at the indoor Myrtle a beach Flea Market. It haven't been there the last few trips and decided to try it. It was not what it used to be.

Patrish, I enjoyed seeing the bikes also. I just had an image in my head of bike week being bumper to bumper traffic and an overall nightmare. It was completely different than what I thought it would be like.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:29 am 

YAY!! So glad you had a good time! Yeah, there is a TOTAL difference between the two bike weeks. The Harley one was no problem at all, Atlantic Beach, well, that was another story!

Now, like you said, time to get excited for your summer trip :hello:

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:49 pm 

Sounds so great! I wish MB was close enough for a weekend trip, but it's nearly 10 hours away so it just wouldn't work for us. We are about 4 hours from Ocean City, MD but it's just NOT the same. Too many drunken kids and VERY expensive!

Can't wait!! Thanks for the report!!! :nanner:

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!