Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:32 pm 

I know I'm slow in doing this but I've been working and relaxing since we returned. We left our house at 4:20am on Saturday and stopped at McDs for the kiddos in the backseat (son, 13 and his friend, 13).
We made several bathroom stops along the way and still made great time. We arrived at approx 3pm in Cherry Grove. We unpacked and got on the golf cart and drove down to Boulineau's. It was further than I thought, we were staying on 57th ave. we got a call that our friends had arrived so we headed back. That evening, we just went down to Boulineau's for some essentials and saved the big grocery trip for Sunday. Boulineau's was a bit expensive for some things, but very convenient! Our friends also brought their children, 11 months, 11 years and an 11 year old friend. All 4 boys actually got into the unheated pool that day! Too much for even my toes! We ordered pizza that night from Papa Johns because I couldn't find anyone to deliver and I did it want to drive anymore. At least we knew what we were getting! We made breakfast in the house the next morning and headed to Tanger outlets with my 2 boys while the baby slept. The men went fishing, of course. Went to Walmart later in the afternoon, and while it wasn't that busy, there was very little on the shelves. I was very disappointed. :???: You would think they would restock knowing it was Spring Break and NMB was pretty busy!

My days are running together, so I will give a summary of the week. Each day, we did something alone as a family since the baby always napped in the middle of the afternoon. We went to Eagles and then to Cheeseburger in Paradise one day and drove down into MB one day. The boys spent a lot of time at the beach and actually swam! They are braver than I am! We cooked in the house all but 2 nights when we went to BBQ house and Duffy St. We spent one day at NASCAR Speedpark, the lines were long and not enough people working the snack bars. It was pretty run down, but we got a pretty good discount so I won't complain too much. We also went to Alligator Adventure. That was a bit expensive but was really neat! I will try to post pics soon. Have to go to work now :cry:

~Kari~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:03 pm 

Two new reports this week :nanner: Thanks so much for sharing, was really hoping some new reports would start coming in. Vacation season is finally here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Kari, thanks so much for taking the time to post your trip report.

We're thinking our grandson who will be 5 in June, is now old enough to enjoy Alligator Adventure. We have been there, but it has been several years, so I'm looking forward to going back!

I am AMAZED the boys went in the ocean! Ahhhhh......to be young again!

You are not the only one to mention the lack of items on Wal-Mart shelves. I've noticed it too, and I'm not happy with the fewer selections. See link below:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-2 ... tay-s.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:12 pm 

Always great to read a trip report about my favorite place. Thank you for taking the time to write one. Sounds like you had a great vacation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:23 am 

Kari,
thanks for the report.
The boys went swimming? That water has to be like 57 degrees!!!!! BRRRRR

The last few years we've been staying at Sea Watch,which is right by Tanger and Walmart.I have to agree,its never really stocked that well,but the prices are good.
I'd rather go to Kroegers,just down the road,but my wife likes Walmart for its convenience.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:15 am 

Sounds like a great time! Thanks for posting.

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:28 pm 

sounds ike a fun relaxing trip...kids never notice the cold do they? thanks for sharing...love trip report season!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:59 am 

Thanks for sharing your holiday. Swimming! They must have some Canadian blood in them. Lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:43 am 

When it's just the two of us in Cherry Grove we do most of our grocery shopping at Boulineau's. The prices are a little higher but it's worth the extra couple dollars for the time saved plus not fighting traffic out on 17......
There's something about the place that just puts you in beach mode. Where else can you see lifeguards eating lunch, wet bathing suits and people walking around carrying fishing rods while you're looking for toilet paper?

Last time we tried to shop on the week-end at Wal Mart the shelves weren't exactly empty. They just didn't have the smaller "vacation" sized containers of condiments. We just need enough ketchup and mayo for a week. Not a month. The smaller bottles are always sold out.
On our larger family trips we started saving the big "shop for the week" trip to the store until Monday. That way we avoid the Sat-Sun madhouse and the shelves are usually restocked.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:12 am 

pop2748 wrote:
When it's just the two of us in Cherry Grove we do most of our grocery shopping at Boulineau's. The prices are a little higher but it's worth the extra couple dollars for the time saved plus not fighting traffic out on 17......
There's something about the place that just puts you in beach mode. Where else can you see lifeguards eating lunch, wet bathing suits and people walking around carrying fishing rods while you're looking for toilet paper?

Last time we tried to shop on the week-end at Wal Mart the shelves weren't exactly empty. They just didn't have the smaller "vacation" sized containers of condiments. We just need enough ketchup and mayo for a week. Not a month. The smaller bottles are always sold out.
On our larger family trips we started saving the big "shop for the week" trip to the store until Monday. That way we avoid the Sat-Sun madhouse and the shelves are usually restocked.

I dread the MB summer Wal Mart trip. The last few years we have been going to Piggly Wiggly right before check-in to pick up a few essentials and putting the Wal Mart trip off until Sunday morning. Wal Mart on check-in day is like driving down 35 one way streets to get to your destination. Once you start down an aisle there is no turning back. Best Wal Mart I have found though is the one located in Garden City.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:33 pm 

I love Boulineau's (eek spelling)! We went there in 2010 when we stayed at the Bay Watch. It was quite a cute store.

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!