Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:10 pm 

loved your trip Emmy...I am always so sad on the last night...I can hardly stand it...packing up is awful...loading the car is worse...but I am glad you got to go and share it all with us...the pictures were wonderfull...well, except the snakes...I am not a snake person...the farther they stay away the better... :roll: ...I can not wait until we get to go...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 pm 

WOW Emmy, what a haul!!!!!!

Can't wait until next year when y'all become SC residents!!! :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:00 am 
Site Admin

What a wonderful trip report, Emmy! I loved the mix of stories and photos! Thanks for all the work I know it took share your vacation with us. I too am sorry you had to go home!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:22 am 

Thanks again for sharing a great trip report. Leaving the beach is truly a sad time. Going to MB is the highlight of the year for so many on this board. I know I personally start preparing for the MB trip many months in advance of the actual trip, and having to leave it tough. When I was taking my baby to daycare yesterday when we got in the car to leave she told me she wanted to go to Myrtle Beach. Guess it's just an inherited trait. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:36 am 

Emmy,
I enjoyed the ride. Thank you so much for a great trip report. I think we can all relate to "the last look before leaving" feeling. It is so bittersweet. Thankful for being there with our hearts praying it isn't our last look.
Wow, I have heard you mention before that you had planned to move down but I didn't realize it would be in your near future. Good for you!
An all inclusive meet-up would be awesome! Could we get you to do a group tutorial and a hands on demo on collecting sharks teeth? I am with Deanna and Ron. I search and search but they still elude me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:36 pm 

Two years ago I bawled like a baby the morning we left. I felt so silly. There I was, a 24 year old woman crying in the front seat with Myrtle beach in the rear view. It was just such a wonderful trip, and I didn't want to go home. My family hopes to bee MB locals in the next few years, so it hurts SO much to have to leave! Great trip report!!!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:52 pm 

your pictures are beautiful especially of the wisteria. I too believe they are the most romantic flowers and the smell is wonderful. We were in absolute awe of how much of it there was just growing everywhere, in trees, in ditches, off retaining walls and rooftops. I cant even grow it in a planter and I have a Green Thumb :wav:
I am shocked at the amount of sharks teeth you found. Who would of thunk It :tongue3:
Thank you for a wonderful report. I really enjoyed it (though my husband got scared when i read him the comment about all the poisonous snakes being in MB) D

Diane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:04 am 

Boulineau's.......The Shack.....and then a picture of our favorite building to stay at on our trips.........Might have to re-think our plans of skipping the June trip.......

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:01 pm 

Hockey mom,
My friend had wisteria growing on her pergola here in Ontario. It grew well and she had lots of greenery but only the odd bloom. I had read somewhere that when you fertilize wisteria to use fertilizer meant for tomatoes. She tried it the next year and had beautiful blooms. Worth a try.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:33 pm 

Emmy,
I loved your report,as always.
I love how you cry every time you leave the beach,its sad AND sweet.
I actually stand on the waters edge ad take as many deep breaths as I can,like I'll somehow keep the ocean air inside of me,like a squirrel storing nuts :dontknow:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:34 pm 

Christine, thanks for the wisteria tip I am willing to try anything to see my favorite flower in bloom next year....but it wont be like the lovely spring in MB!

Diane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:14 am 

I agree. Emmy's wisteria are beautiful!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:15 am 

Wow this is a great report, as usual. I always enjoy reading about your beach adventures. and now your snake adventures too!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:01 pm 

Emmy, thanks for the first trip report of the summer! Love the pictures too!