Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:55 am 

We had a really fun quick trip. Paul wasn't able to make it in September with the rest of the family and I had planned a trip by myself for October so he wanted to came as he missed MB and wanted to visit.

As usual we stayed in the Compass Cove but this time in a 1 bedroom ocean front in the Pinnacle building. They've done a few upgrades on the elevators. New floor indicaters as to where the y are and much faster to arrive. Nice improvement as you always had to wait for them and had no idea where they were.

I got a package deal where we had a free breakfast every morning in their Compass Rose restaurant. We grabbed a quick lunch everyday at Sonic. Still pretty cool to be served car side by a server on roller skates. Never gets old as there's nothing like that here.

Enjoyed a good dinner at Outback down in Garden City. Seems closer than travelling through town to the north end. Could just be the less traffic lights. Nice to eat there as they closed all the Outbacks here. Ate at Ultimate California pizza. Pauls picky about food and this was his first time at UCP but he really enjoyed their pizza. And last night was Applebees.

It was still drizzeling a bit on Saturday when we arrived but it stopped by dinner and that was the end of Sandy. We did a lot of shopping at the 2 Tangers. Back and forth over 2 days. We flew in so could only buy a few things as we were travelling light with carry ons only.

It was nice to see the sun on Monday. We headed up to North Myrtle Beach and went to Mayday mini golf. Saw this place back in 2004 and have wanted to try it ever since. Had a great time. We were the only ones there. We did both courses. Paul beat me by 4 strokes over 36 holes. While playing, we saw 3 coast guard helicopters fly over head in formation and travel north. We figured they were heading up to NY or NJ to help out due to Sandy. Back at the hotel we were watching the Bounty. Cool. Way to go guys!!

We flew down with US Airways. First time using them. We flew out of Buffalo NY. Would have cost an additional 100 per ticket to fly out of Toronto and it seemed cheaper to drive down to Buffalo and park there. It was a 2 hour flight to Charlotte. We had a 1 hour layover in Charlotte NC and then a 40 minute flight to MB. I really miss Direct Air as it was a direct 2 hour flight. They used to do 2 flights a day from Niagara Falls to MB a day in September when we used them. I'm really surprised that no other airline has picked up that flight.

We were worried about the flight home as Buffalo had an advisory but that was for the flights out going to NY and NJ. Ours was fine and on time.

All in all, a cool trip. Quick trip but a fun and relaxing trip. Always say, any time in MB is good time!!

As always, took pictures but this time just of the room and our mini golf day.
Link to pictures on Facebook

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 pm 

Glad you enjoyed it.. MB is great any time of the year...lol.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

Loved your trip report, and the photos, too! Looks like you had a great time. Thanks so much for taking the time to post!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:01 pm 

Beautiful pictures from your balcony. Looks like it was cold when you were there, but still very pretty. Mayday is one of our favorite courses. Glad you had a great time, and thanks for sharing.

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:20 pm 

Thanks Scott, yes, it was cool outside. Being Canadian, nothing I couldn't handle though :)
We did always have to wear a jacket but I figure that's normal for October as I recall it being cool when I visited in Oct in the past. This was just after Sandy so I was just happy that the rain stopped and the sun came out.

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 pm 

Thanks for sharing your trip. The pictures were great! The beach looked wonderful. I was wondering if things would work out for you with that nasty storm Sandy. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.