Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:47 pm 

We did the usual.. shop, broadway at the beach..etc.. but we did try 3 restaurants we hadn't been to before. One was Nacho Hippo which we found here on the board, as a matter of fact..(thanks poster) Wow.. what a place! huge portions, great drink specials.. there were 6 of us and everyone of us loved it. It is definately on our must go list@
the other one was "Sweet Carolina".. its evidently a new place.. A nice kid named Jordan happened to be out front encouraging people to eat there. He was friendly, helpful, answered all our questions, & got his manager to give us 2 coupons for dessert. We got apple and peach cobblers which are cooked in an iron skillet, loaded with ice cream and brought to your table hot. the peach was to die for!
But the attraction for us happened to be the pulled pork which is smoked for 12-14 hours. It had the smoke ring like it should also. Now let me add, my husband and son smoke pork, and we have found none that is as good. Like my son said, "when you've had the best, how can you judge the rest?" We've tried pulled pork from New England to Myrtle beach, and Sweet Caroline's is a definate runner up! If you like pulled pork, give this restaurant a chance and help them make it in the business of restaurants. The pork comes with various sauces also..
We also went to red robins...it has tons of choices of hamburgers.. they are a little pricey, but the only thing I can say is they are as good as any of the rest.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:02 pm 

blgpts wrote:
We did the usual.. shop, broadway at the beach..etc.. but we did try 3 restaurants we hadn't been to before. One was Nacho Hippo which we found here on the board, as a matter of fact..(thanks poster) Wow.. what a place! huge portions, great drink specials.. there were 6 of us and everyone of us loved it. It is definately on our must go list@
the other one was "Sweet Carolina".. its evidently a new place.. A nice kid named Jordan happened to be out front encouraging people to eat there. He was friendly, helpful, answered all our questions, & got his manager to give us 2 coupons for dessert. We got apple and peach cobblers which are cooked in an iron skillet, loaded with ice cream and brought to your table hot. the peach was to die for!
But the attraction for us happened to be the pulled pork which is smoked for 12-14 hours. It had the smoke ring like it should also. Now let me add, my husband and son smoke pork, and we have found none that is as good. Like my son said, "when you've had the best, how can you judge the rest?" We've tried pulled pork from New England to Myrtle beach, and Sweet Caroline's is a definate runner up! If you like pulled pork, give this restaurant a chance and help them make it in the business of restaurants. The pork comes with various sauces also..
We also went to red robins...it has tons of choices of hamburgers.. they are a little pricey, but the only thing I can say is they are as good as any of the rest.

Thanks for the report!
We have Red Robin here and it's one of my favorites! Yes, a little pricey but good portions for the price if you think that most Sandwich's are $9.99ish and come with bottomless fries :)

~Kari~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:57 pm 

Oh good, another report...sure does get lonely this time of year without new reports....Thanks for posting yours!!!! :nanner:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Lou! Glad we got to meet you and Bob this trip!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:04 am 

Yes, Patrish, and we'd have done it again if I hadn't had family with me. this trip was this week.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:14 pm 

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. We too liked Nacho Hippo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 pm 

I'm so glad you had such a great time! :sunny:

Landmark Resort August 2005
Boardwalk Beach Resort July 2006
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2007, 2008, 2009
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2010
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2011, 2012, 2013
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2014
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2015

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 am 

Thanks for the report!! I wanted to try Sweet Carolina's this past summer but we didn't get there. Now it's a must-do for the next trip!! And I'd love to try Nacho Hippo too.

We have Red Robin here and it's a favorite of the whole family. DH loves the burgers, I like their fried chicken salad