Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:55 pm 

Tuesday, September 18th

We were expecting today to be a wash out. The forecast was calling for over an inch of rain. However, when I got up the sun was trying to pop through the clouds. As I sat on the balcony I watched as some young guys made an attempt to surf the rough seas. I was quiet impressed and something you don’t get to see everyday. After my morning activities we made our way up to Barefoot to have breakfast with friends at House of Blues. It is a spicy southern breakfast, but I always think it is good. And you can’t beat $6.99. When we finished breakfast the heavens started pouring. It would rain for a little while and then the sun would shine and this continued all day. This was the kind of day you just want to lay around and that is what we did. We took naps, watched a couple of movies and finally went out to the beach for an hour or so. Not a very good “Beaching It” kinda day. We were so full from breakfast we didn’t even go out for dinner. Now that is another first for this crew.

My sister in law and I had planned to go to the Carolina Opry Good Vibrations show. We had picked up our tickets earlier in the day on our way back from breakfast so we were set to go.

Here is my review of the show.viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13517

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:44 pm 

Wednesday, September 19th

We woke up to another cloudy day. Not rainy, but cloudy. This was the day that we had planned to take a day trip to Pawley’s Island. What a treat! I have decided that when I win the lottery that is where I want to live.

Check out this view. Not a person in site. I could find myself loving life here.

The waves even look different to me. Looks like a picture in a book.

I know this is the same public beach access that Patrish and her friend enjoyed last weekend because I remembered these flowers growing in the sand in her pics. Does anyone know what they are? I don’t think I have even seen flowers growing in the sand.

Here is a pic of me in front of the Pawley’s Island Town Hall

I thoroughly enjoyed our little trip to Pawley’s Island. So much so that I have added to my bucket list to take a day trip and visit all the beach areas between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. Now that would be a great meet up adventure. I would love to do that!

After our trip we stopped by Peaches Corner to try their famous hot dogs. I was not very impressed. However, the fries were great. Probably won’t have much desire to go again.

We made our way out to the beach and it didn’t take me long to realize this cloudy breezy September day was way too cold for me so we headed back in for naps and movies until time to get ready for the meet up. I have already posted in the meet up section so I won’t say anything else except it was a real treat getting to see everyone.

At the meet up I was asking the locals about our dinner options because we wanted to try something different. You all will be glad to know and get a good laugh that we ended up at one of our favorite places The Carolina Roadhouse. So much for something new. We were trying to decide where to go and Doug kept saying he just wanted a good steak .I finally said you know there is not a better prime rib than Carolina Roadhouse. So that is where we ended up. Here is my review viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13744

After our bellies were stuffed it was back to the most relaxing balcony to close up another wonderful day at the beach.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 am 

Thursday, September 20th

We woke up to cold Thursday morning. Burr…this was not beach weather. I did not see anyone on the beach during the sunrise. After my morning routine Doug and I took a trip to Starbucks for my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. Yum…We also threw in a Pumpkin scone. It was so good. We sat on the boardwalk drinking coffee and eating scones. I loved every minute. We then drove to Tanger 501 for a short trip of retail therapy and then it was back to the hotel for some beach therapy. I was so afraid that it would be too cold for the beach but it warmed up enough for it to be tolerable. We were actually out 4 hours. I sat huddled up with a towel most of the time, but I was determined to be on the beach.

Everyone wanted to head back to Murrell’s Inlet for dinner. Lee’s Inlet Kitchen was recommended by several locals to us so we decided to give it a try.

Review viewtopic.php?f=46&t=13748

For some reason after dinner we were all ready for bed. I guess all these early morning sunrises were finally wearing me out. So it was lights out early for this crew.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:19 am 

Friday, September 21st

Our last full day at the beach and the weather finally looked promising. We ate breakfast in and were on the beach by 10. It was an all day beach day for us. I literally did not go in all day.

Doug and I “Beaching It”

Around 4 I went in and cleaned up because I was heading to North Myrtle to take some beach pictures for a friend of mine. My friend Brandi is a dear friend and we just happen to have a Myrtle Beach trip at the same time. She was with her family so we only saw each other twice throughout the week. Her mom has terminal cancer and I knew these beach pictures would be a treasured gift in the future. I wanted to be a part of that.

Brandi & I

The plan was for me to take some pictures and then we were going to eat pizza at their condo since it is very difficult for her mom to get out. However, getting her mom to the beach was just about all the fun she could handle. She was pretty sick by the time we got her back to the room so we decided that we would make other eating arrangements.

When we left their condo I was in tears. Going through cancer with my dad I know the fear of seeing them that way and also what the future will bring. It is so sad to see people battle cancer. I am thankful that my friend Brandi got to spend that vacation time with her mom. Family memories are treasured gifts in my opinion.

Doug decided that he wanted to eat at Chucks. We have gone there several times in the past, but it was been several years.
Review viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13749

After dinner we headed over to Barefoot to walk around. I made several purchases…yeah for me! We had decided that since we had not had dessert all week that stopping at Maggie Moo’s for ice cream was a must. I was so full from dinner, but I was not going home without this treat. As always it was delicious and a good relaxing way to tie up the evening.

Saturday, September 29th

When we originally planned this trip Doug’s mother was planning to ride with us and we were going to bring her home a day early so she could leave for another vacation. Well my brother in law fell off his roof and crushed his foot so he ended up having surgery while we were gone and my mother in law didn’t make the trip with us. So really there was no reason why we should come back a day early. That is until my other brother in law decided that is what we were going to do. It didn’t matter that the other 3 people wanted to stay. Oh the joys of family. It was their time share so we followed the rules and went home. I was not happy but hey that is life. On our way out we stopped at Sea Captains house for breakfast. There was not a one of us hungry but we went anyway. It was very good as usual.

We had an uneventful trip home and now it is back to dieting and dreams of next July. It was a great fall trip that I loved every minute of. I love Myrtle Beach in July, but I also love Myrtle Beach in September. I just love Myrtle Beach period.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:35 pm 

Unbelievable report and thanks for all the restaurant reviews ! Many new places I am adding into our notes.

Quote:
you know there is not a better prime rib than Carolina Roadhouse

Amen...... tried many cuts at many places..... Roadhouse still rules !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for this wonderful trip report, Deanna! I loved reading it, and also seeing your beautiful photos! (You did an excellent job with your camera!) Glad you got down to Pawleys Island this time. It is gorgeous, and anyone who loves the beach should go there at least once! And if they stop at the Hammock Shop they might be enticed to purchase an authentic Pawleys Island Hammock! Hope you are enjoying yours yours! We have had one for many years and it's still holding together!

I have researched that little wildflower that grows in the sand but I have not identified it. The Loblolly Bay was close, but I don't believe that's what it is. It''s such a pretty little flower, just growing wild in the sand.

It was fun seeing you and Doug at the meet-up. Thanks for being there! And thanks again for your detailed report and for putting your restaurant reviews in the restaurant forums. :nanner:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:42 pm 

Great trip report, Deanna! Also loved your pictures. So glad we got to see you and Doug at the meet-up. Hope we'll see you again next year.

Vicki & Kay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 pm 

I really enjoyed your trip report and the great pictures Deanna, thanks so much!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:07 am 

Thanks! Sounds like just a wonderful time! :hello:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:46 pm 

Enjoyed your report and photos. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:54 pm 

nice report...good times...good food...sitting here on this cool, crisp last day of September...thinking of warm beach breezes...thanks Deanna! Trip reports always help us through the long waits til next year...glad you all had fun!