Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:42 pm 

We are here :wav: and let me just say I am at my Happy Place :nanner:

I will have to wait and do a trip report when I return home, but since this is suppost to be a relaxing vacay I do plan to pop in throughout the week. Right now I am exhausted. All of us are in the bed like old folks at 9:30 P.M.. We were on the road by 4 A.M. and have not slowed down one second since we got here. So much for relaxing right ???

Good night Myrtle Beach friends. I have a big week to rest up for :ac15[1]:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:49 pm 

Deanna, enjoy your week at the beach. I always enjoy your posts. Lucky you as you will be able to go to a meet-up with a lot of the MBMB regulars. Go Vols. See I am learning!
Judy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

Myrtle Beach welcomes you! Enjoy our spectacular September weather and gorgeous beaches. Just sit back, relax and let the beauty of the beach wash all over you! You could not be here at a better time! :cheerleader:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:51 am 

Have a great and relaxing week! (she said with a tinge of jealousy!) :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 am 

Just thought I would let everyone know that since I went to bed with the chickens that I was up at 4:30 A.M. with my camera in hand looking for UFO's :roll: Now how stupid does that sound.

Fixing to hit the beach :nanner:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 am 

Did you get a picture of the beautiful sunrise?? :cool:

Have a great day.....

Brenda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm 

So glad that you are back in MB. I have been busy lately and forgot that you guys were even making a 2nd trip to MB this year. Going to be plenty of great reports to look forward to. Have a great time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:17 pm 

BJ...here ya go

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:22 pm 

Enjoy your stay with the beach, sun and sea.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:01 pm 

Beautiful picture!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:33 pm 

Oh yea!! great picture.... :nanner:
Have a wonderful vacation.

Brenda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:40 pm 

Beautiful pic.. Glad you made it safely.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:57 am 

Just thought I would share another Myrtle Beach sunrise....

It was been a wonderful week to spend with my sister and brother in law. Doug and I don't spend lots of time with them together so it has been a special time. Now the weather is another story....this has to be the coldest September week ever. I was shivering on the beach yesterday. Today is suppost to be warm and sunny. Thank goodness!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:15 am 

Sunday, September 16th

We left Dayton around 4:00 A.M. and made a safe and sound trip to Myrtle Beach. We drove in on 501 since we were staying in Myrtle Beach. It had been years since I had traveled that road and honestly it brought back lots of memories. I can remember sitting on the edge of my seat as a little girl waiting to get that first glimpse of the ocean. Nothing has changed I was still sitting on the edge of my seat. My sister in law checked in while I ran to the beach to put my toes in the sand. Ahh, nothing better than Myrtle Beach. I just want to pick the ocean up and give it a big huge and say “I’m Back”.

We were staying at the Westgate Resort in Myrtle Beach. I had no idea what to expect of our accommodations since we are not familiar with the area. I had read excellent and also down right terrible reviews on Trip Advisor. I was nervous! Westgate Resort is a time share resort that my sister/brother in law are members of. The property has a brand new building for their 2 bedroom time share owners and that is where we stayed. It was beautiful, clean, the staff was excellent and I was shocked at how well security kept a check on things. They also have an old building that was formally the old Holiday Inn. The future plan is to tear this building down and replace it with more time share units. The model they have in their lobby for future plans is beautiful and huge. Apparently you can walk off the street and rent a room for very cheap in the old building. This is where the terrible reviews had to be coming from. It was old and needed major updating.

Let gets the bad stuff over with up front. Knowing what I know now I would never ever stay in this area if I were just making a vacation reservation. I am talking about from the Boardwalk south to the Family Kingdom area. There are a few nice places, but for the most part it needs to be torn down. It was nasty, smelled terrible and was full of shady people. It made me so uncomfortable that I would not even walk on the street for my morning walk. We encountered several people who were strung out on something and many of them looked to be living in some of the really old hotels. It is beyond me how the state allows them to be open. One evening we were driving on one of the side streets going back to the hotel and there was this woman (apparently on something) standing in the middle of the road with a 6ft long tree branch slinging it has hard as she could. We backed up and went a different direction since we didn’t know if she would hit out car as we tried to pass. I know you can see things like this anywhere, but we saw way too much in this area. In Windy Hills of North Myrtle we just don’t see people walking the streets and the poverty that we did in this area. I can see how tourist would be turned away from Myrtle Beach if they encountered this during their vacation.

After we settled in for a while we decided to ride down to Murrells Inlet for dinner at one of our favorite places Drunken Jacks. We don’t normally get to enjoy Drunken Jacks because it is such a long drive from North Myrtle, but this trip it was just right around the corner. While we were waiting we took a nice relaxing September walk on the Marsh Walk. I could have stayed there for hours.
img]http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu357/helovesus1489/th_MyrtleBeachSeptember2012002.jpg[/img][/url]Image

Here is my review of Drunken Jacks
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=13742

After dinner we were beat from the all day travel so we headed back to relax on the balcony before bedtime. As always the first day at the beach is a good one.

Last edited by Deanna on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:27 pm 

Monday, September 17th

I was bound and determined to start a few of my vacation days with a sunrise. Just so happens I caught it every single morning and that my friends is a first. This was my special “me” time. I would get up and watch the sunrise and then take a 3 mile walk. I can’t even begin to share how relaxing this was. I noticed that everyone was walking/running/biking on the new boardwalk so that is where I spent most of my time. The view was breathtaking and I have decided that I wouldn’t be fat if I could walk there everyday because I wouldn’t dread it. There were a few days that I stopped off by the pier just to check out what all was happening there. I must say this time every morning was my favorite thing during this vacation.

Boardwalk pic where I walked every morning

A picture of our hotel from the 2nd Ave Pier...Blue roof with yellow siding

2nd Ave Pier

Don't know why but I love this pic

This was a picture perfect day at the beach. The sun was shining on the water just right to make it look that beautiful blue green color. We were out for 5 hours and loving every minute of “Beaching It”.

Paradise

After cleaning up we headed over to Broadway to have dinner at Joes Crab Shack.

Joe's Crab Shack Review viewtopic.php?f=46&t=13743

We walked around Broadway for just a little while, but we were all anxious to head back and enjoy our evening on the balcony. This trip was about relaxing and new adventures.