Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:29 pm 

Jeff,

When you post your pics to Facebook just set them for everyone to see and then everyone on the board should be able to see them. At least that is what I do to mine. I think there is something up with pics today I couldn't see them either and we are friends on FB. Don't stop posting pics they add so much to the report.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:28 pm 

Loved the pics on facebook. Guess you're having fun.(I really need to learn how to do all the stuff with pictures on facebook etc. I can do very little. I stare at a computer 90 percent of the day at work and don't have much interest to deal with it at home guess.)

see you tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:20 pm 

Today we did something we have never done before. We didn't even step foot on the beach. When Lorraine woke up this morning her back was hurting so she was going to take some Tylenol and accidentally took Tylenol PM (contacts not in yet!). So.. she went back to sleep. It was probably for the best because when she woke up at 11:30 she was feeling much better. I didn't mind as I just watched TV and read a little.

We were both hungry and decided we would just go up to Basil's, it is only about 50 yards from the Towers, and grab a couple of slices of pizza. Wouldn't you know after battling the wind they are closed on Monday and Tuesday. So we went back to the Towers and got the car and went off to who knows where to get something to eat. We ended up at Kings Famous Pizza. There were several cars in the lot so we decided to try it. Pizza is our comfort food and we haven't been eating it a lot lately because we have been working on our weight and living a healthy lifestyle. We ordered a small 10 specialty pizza and was the perfect size for lunch. The pizza was really good and our server was really nice and made sure we had everything we needed.

We drove up to Barefoot Landing and decided it had stopped raining so we walked around and went into several shops. We found some great things in Ron Jon Surf Shop that Zach's girlfriend would love so Lorraine officially started Christmas shopping today. I wanted to go to the John Deer store across the bridge, but Lorraine said it looks like it is going to start raining again. I said I didn't think so, I was wrong. We got over there and then on the way back the sky opened up and poured. We were soaked and I got a "I told you so". It was still fun.

Tonight we went to eat dinner with Leo. We went to Carolina Roadhouse. We all shared some hush puppies. Leo and I had cheeseburgers in honor of National Cheeseburger Day and Lorraine had Chicken. We all had a side salad which was probably the best thing we had. We had a good time and enjoyed visiting with Leo. We missed Charlotte as she is out of town on business.

After dinner we drove down by Dayton House just because that is where we usually stay. Stopped at Wal Mart on the way back for a couple of things we forgot Sunday. We are now back and probably not going to bed for a while since we slept in so late this morning. Hoping the sun will be back tomorrow.

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:03 pm 

This morning (Wednesday) we got up early and decided to go for a drive. We drove north from Cherry Grove and found the park Emmy told us about in her last trip report. We walked around and took some pictures and watched the guys fish. We went back to the condo and decided we were going to the beach even if it was cloudy. We did get the occasional break in the clouds, but for the most part it was just clouds. I really didn't mind, but Lorraine wasn't enjoying being out there with no sunshine. We packed it up and decided to go to Calabash and go shopping. I let Lorraine go all through the store and look at everything. For some reason she loves doing this. I just don't get it. She always reminds me that this is what I do when we go to the Bass Pro Shop, but I don't think it is the same.

On the way back to Cherry Grove a particular Grouper Sandwich kept calling my name. See, five years ago I had the Grouper special at Crab Catchers in Little River. You have heard me say it is the best fish sandwich I have ever had. Maybe the best any sandwich I ever had. I told Lorraine that I was scared to go back. I mean what if it's not the same. I mean it has been five years. It was so late, it would ruin my dinner. We have the meet up tonight. We were right there in Little River. Next thing I knew I was driving down the road to the waterfront. I drove past Crab Catchers and then turned around, hoping not to be disappointed.

The sandwich was great. Just like I remember. Lightly breaded grouper, fried and not the least bit greasy, covered in a white American cheese sauce with a slice of raw onion. Served on a plain hamburger bun. Tarter and cocktail sauce on the side. Trust me it is awesome.

Back to the condo to get ready for the meet-up. It takes Lorraine forever to get ready to go and I am not exactly sure how long it will take us to drive all the way to the 2nd ave pier. We made it about 10 minutes late. It was great getting to see everyone again. We had a very nice time. I am sure Lorraine will post a bunch of pictures on facebook.

Pretty tired now and looking forward to some sunny weather the next three days.

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 am 

I'm enjoying your trip report and hoping the sun is out for the rest of your week in MB.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:59 am 

Yesterday (Thursday) was a great beach day for me. Lorraine would like it to be a little warmer. The temp was in the mid to upper 70's and I could have sat out there forever. We did stay out for 6 hours.

After we got done with the beach we went to Burro Loco for dinner. It was great. We have been several time over the years and has never disappointed. I had the Chimachanga call Polo Fundido. It is a chicken chimi with a lot of cheese. I loved it.

After dinner we went to Broadway at the Beach and walked around and did Lorraine's favorite beach activity. We came back to Cherry Grove and called it a night.

Getting ready to go to Wal Mart to get Lorraine a new insulated cup because hers is broken. Out of all the shops we have been in the last 2 days she hasn't found one she likes so we are going to Wal Mart to get a cheap one.

Looks like it will be another beautiful beach day!

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 pm 

Well, we got home yesterday around noon. We woke up real early and got on the road at 5am. Nice easy drive home.

On Friday we had just a beautiful beach day we stayed out there from 10 till 4. for dinner we met Leo and Charlotte at Market Common at Gordon Biersh. Dinner was great. I had Chicken Parm. This is a pretty nice place with reasonable prices. After dinner we walked around Market Common. This was the first time we have been there. Very nice area with a lot of shopping and a really nice movie theater.

Saturday was another great beach day. Stayed out there again from 10 till 4. For lunch we walked up to Basil's and got a slice of pizza. I believe I would drive the seven hours just to eat at Basil's and then get the Grouper Special from Crab Catcher's to go for the road.
Saturday night we went to Barefoot Landing and shopped and had dinner at :oops: Ultimate California Pizza. I told you pizza is out comfort food and we won't eat it now that we are back home and working out and eating healthy again. We got the Big Sir which has chicken, Canadian Bacon, red onion and mushrooms with a ton of cheese. Really good, plus we had to get our UCP cups. We have never come home from Myrtle Beach without them. It was a great trip. We had a very relaxing time and really enjoyed seeing our old friends.

Myrtle Beach is a very special place for me. It holds so many memories, I can't always put into words how much I love being there. We talk, from time to time about going somewhere else but there is something that draws me to Myrtle Beach. It is hard to explain, but it just feels like home. Last night I dreamed about being in Myrtle Beach but in my dream I knew it would be the last time I would be able to go there. It wasn't a bad scary dream. It was like I just knew it was the last time I would be there and I was saying goodbye. I don't know what it means, if anything, but if this was the last time I got to come to Myrtle Beach I have been blessed to go there 12 times and every one was great. I can tell you everything we did on each trip. I have given my kids a lifetime of memories there. When we got home yesterday they wanted to know everywhere we went and what we did.
OK enough of all this sappy stuff. See you next year!

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:29 am 

Jeff I have really enjoyed your trip report. We also have never been to Duffy's but next trip it will be a must. It sounds like you had good beach time and good dining time. The joy of things done in the past do come back when you see something that twigs your memory.Thanks for sharing.