Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:19 pm 

We are here! :nanner: As we did in June, we left on Friday morning and stayed in Cornelius, NC last night and arrived in Myrtle Beach around 11:00 AM today. We went to our friend Rowena's for lunch. We were able to get into our room about 1:30 PM and spent the rest of the afternoon getting settled. Dinner tonight was at Big Daddy's Roadhouse Grill and it was good as always. Kay and I had the "early-bird" fillet ($13.99) which comes with one side dish and I brought back a slice of key-lime pie. Cost with two iced teas was $35.28. Going to just "chill-out" the rest of the evening. Only plans so far for tomorrow is church in the morning. After that, who knows?

Vicki & Kay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:27 pm 

Glad you're here. Just relax tonight. See you soon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:33 am 

I hope you have a great time and a fun meet up!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:37 am 
Site Admin

Glad you and Kay arrived safely! We look forward to seeing you on the 19th!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 pm 

Good to see that you had a safe trip down. Big Daddy's is a great place to start with in MB. Only started eating there a couple of years ago, but food has always been good. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:16 pm 

Loving this beautiful weather! September is the perfect time to be in Myrtle Beach. Here's what we've done so far.

Sunday

Ate breakfast at Paradise Pancake House and then went to church at Christ United Methodist. Came back to the room, changed clothes and went to the Myrtle Beach Flea Market. They have a couple of book stalls that we like to shop. Between the two of us I think we bought 8 books. I don't think we'll run out of reading material while we're here! Dinner was at the Inlet Crab House in Murrell's Inlet. We both had the fried shrimp baskets and iced teas. Total bill was $28. Spent the rest of the evening in our room and went to bed early.

Monday

Ate breakfast at Paradise Pancake House (again). We really love this breakfast place. Good food and friendly service. Decided to check out Olde Tyme Pottery as I am looking for new dishes. Found some we liked but didn't buy them and as I want to check out some other places. Went to Tanger Outlets on 501 and walked around there for awhile. By the time we got back to the room it was time to get ready for dinner at Angelo's with Rich & Cathy. Kay had the 8 oz. Ribeye and I had the kids Spaghetti. Since I'm not a big eater, the kids portion is just right for me. Total cost with two iced teas $31. We had a great time visiting with Rich & Cathy and are so glad we got to spend time with them. We're in for the night now as there are a couple of TV shows I want to see.

BTW, we have the strangest bird hanging out in the shrubs outside our balcony. It's so close I could touch it. I wish I knew what kind it is. All I can say is it's brown, about the size of a small pelican, has a narrow head and a long, thin sharp-pointed beak. Wonder if it will be there in the morning.

Don't know what we'll do tomorrow as the forecast is for rain. Probably check out the malls.

Vicki & Kay

Last edited by Mz. Kitty on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:35 pm 

Not looking forward to the rain tomorrow. Praying it will be gone Wednesday. Today was picture perfect.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:44 pm 

Enjoyed the dinner tonite with you and Kaye. Fun getting together, we always find something to talk about.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 pm 

We enjoyed it, too!

Vicki & Kay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:14 am 

Looks like I'm a little behind in my trip report so here's the next installment.

Tuesday
Rainy and windy today. Ate breakfast at Uncle John's this morning. ($13.10) Food was good but the service was slow. Waited 30 min. for food to arrive. They weren't that busy so I don't know why. Since it was raining we spent some time at Coastal Grand Mall. Spent the rest of the day in our room. Ate dinner at Mr. Fish. Kay had fried shrimp and I had fried flounder for $25.54.

Wednesday
Overcast, cool and windy. Not a good day for the beach. Breakfast was at Omega Pancake House ($17.28) Went to Tanger Outlets North. Our dinner tonight was at UCP. Kay and I both had the Jack Bread and a salad. ($19.56) Yummy! Went to the meet-up tonight and really enjoyed seeing everyone. What a great group of people! Even though we don't see each other often, I feel like I've known them forever. Meet-ups are always the highlight of our trip. It was cold and windy, but I don't think it dampened anyone's spirits. Can't wait for the next one!

Thursday
Mostly cloudy today. Had breakfast at Paradise Pancake House ($17.38) with our friends Dixie, Betty and Rowena. We were so glad to get to spend time with them. Decided to go to BATB to do a little shopping. It was certainly a lot less crowded than when we were there in June. Dinner was at Duffy Street Seafood Shack in restaurant row. Food was excellent but the air conditioning was way too cold for us. Wish we'd brought our jackets. We both had the two item platters. Kay had fried shrimp and oysters and I had fried shrimp and scallops. Also had the sweet potato fries. So good! Got a huge piece of carrot cake to go and we'll be enjoying it for the next few days. Total bill: $56.83.

Friday
Beautiful sunny morning. After breakfast at Nibils ($14.68) we laid out in the sun in the morning. It felt so good! In my never ending quest to find the perfect dinnerware, we decided to check out Belk's and Tuesday Morning. Didn't find what we were looking for. We will check out a few more places but will probably buy from Olde Tyme Pottery or Bed Bath & Beyond. I guess I'm just too picky! Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner with Rich and Cathy at Carolina Roadhouse. Kay and I both had the Roadhouse Salad ($24.76) I wish we lived closer so we could see each other more often. Every year we say we'll meet up somewhere half-way between, but so far it hasn't happened. But this winter we're going to make an extra effort to make it happen.

Well that's it so far. I can't believe that our first week has gone by so fast.

Vicki & Kay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:19 pm 

We will have that meet up one way or another. :notworthy: :notworthy:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:03 pm 

Yes Vicki we'll try to get together this winter, maybe February when there's nothing to do such as when we can pull ourselves away from watching football.
Glad we saw you this time again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:32 pm 

It sounds like you are having a good time so far. I hope it warms up a bit. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:20 pm 

And our trip continues.....

Saturday
Once again had a good breakfast at Paradise Pancake House ($17.58). The Shriner's were in town and we watched them lining up for their parade while we ate. Went down to Pawley's Island Hammock Shops in the afternoon. I love to browse the shops, especially The Christmas Mouse and The Carolina Gourmet. Bought a bag of She Crab Soup mix which we'll enjoy on Christmas Day. This has become a tradition for us. Dinner was again at Big Daddy's Roadhouse Grill ($27.02). Spent the evening in the room.

Sunday
This morning we just had Krispy Kreme's in our room and then went to church with Leo and Charlotte at Newspring Church. Enjoyed the service very much. Had lunch at Bojangle's ($11.10). We just love their fried chicken! When we arrived back at the hotel, Jan and Mike had arrived and we visited with them while they waited for their room to be ready. Glad they made it safely and really enjoyed getting caught up. Tonight we went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries ($18.01) for dinner.

Monday
Walked over to the 2nd. Ave. Pier for breakfast ($17.58) The food was good and the view excellent. Spent the morning laying in the sun. There was just enough breeze to make it comfortable. In the afternoon, we drove up to Calabash, NC and, of course, went to Callahan's. Only bought a couple of small things this trip. Ate dinner at Ella's ($21.88). Both of us had the senior seafood platters. Love their hushpuppies! After we returned to the hotel, Jan called and we met them for drinks at the pier. We really enjoyed visiting with them and watching a beautiful sunset.

Tomorrow we are going to continue our hunt for the perfect dishes.

Vicki & Kay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:15 pm 

Vicki,

I just noticed that you are at the beach until Oct. 1st. How lucky are you :lol: You could have adopted me for a week :roll:

Enjoy