Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SeaWatch Sept 14-24
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:17 am 

On the road going to Goosecreek SC to visit Richs uncle. He moved here many yrs ago after serving in the Air Force. Won't be back at myrtle till late this evening.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:22 pm 

Back from visiting Richs uncle and aunt. A good visit. There was no rain in Goosecreek SC. Then had to stop at walmart here to pick up a few things before coming here to the room again.

Tomorrow Rich wants to go out for breakfast, either Sea Captains House or Spring House, he isn't sure. I told him to pick since he's the one who loves breakfast out. Guess I'll find out when I wake up where we go. That means i have to get out of bed before 9am :mad:

Nothing too exciting today EXCEPT now the tv is on and I have to finish watching whats left of national lampoons xmas vacation. I love it.....

Can't wait to see all at meet up tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:13 pm 

Wednesday was mostly cloudy, some sun at times..Rich has a sore throat, ears ache so he stayed in room most of the day. I went down to the ocean with a book then up to the pool. No problem I had a nice relaxing time reading.

We went to the meet up at the 2nd avenue pier, which you can read under that section. a great time. We left about 9 pm and went back to hotel. Another day done.

Thursday we went to the Sea Captains House for breakfast about 8 ;30.We got the buffet for 8.95. It isnt' huge like food selections at Ryans but there was more than enough to pick from. Pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juices,and someone to make your personal omelette. We didnt get one as the line was way too long. When we arrived hardly anybody there. within 10 minutes people everywhere. The food was very good.Rich bought a t shirt with the sea Captain House on it, with the 50th anniversary year.

We then went to Myrtle beach flea market on highway 17 south I was just curious what kind of items could be found. Got my great niece who is 3 a piggy bank, girls at work sand dollars with the story that goes with it. I think Rich got some key chains.

Then we went to Callahans in Calabash, NC to browse the store. Bought 2 christmas ornaments , a starfish necklace and one for a friend.

I spent a long time in Callahans but only bought those 4 things. Rich likes to look too, he says, but soon he goes out the door and waits for me.

They had a hammock outside which I layed in to try. I almost fell out of it getting in it.

Now we did this shopping today because Rich gets tired with the ocean just sitting there, so had to give up a day. Well, this just cost him some $$$$. today.

Now , we just ate in the morning and Rich is wanting to go eat again about 3. I said we just ate. I know his only reason for vacation is to eat. Well, we decided against it and just made something in our room this evening. First though at getting back at 4 30 we went down to the ocean and sat and we saw 6 different kinds of birds in the hour we were there. They can sure walk fast some of them. Quite entertaining.
Then to the hot tub and ate dinner. Another day almost gone...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:00 pm 

Friday a beautiful sunny day. Spent the day at the beach for 5 hours. We then went to dinner with Vicky (Mzkitty) and her husband Kaye. We went to carolina Roadhouse. I had a salmon salad which was excellent.

Then went to a Bargain Beachstore and bought 2 seashell picture frames.

Came back to hotel and went to laundry room to wash clothes. Took about 1 hr to wash and dry. We are leaving here early Monday but traveling up the Blue Ridge Parkway starting in the Chimney Rock area with some stops along the way.

Why does time pass quickly when I'm having so much of a nice time?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:40 am 

I'm really enjoying reading your trip report and am glad you're having a great vacation. I agree and always say that there's only about 10 hrs. in a day at MB.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:30 am 
Site Admin

Loved your trip report, Cathy.Thanks for taking the time to come to the meet-up. It was god to see you and Rich again!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:06 am 

What a GREAT trip! I remember flipping over in a lazy river inner tube our 1st trip to Disney. My husband and kids loved it and we still get a great laugh about it...Vacations and husbands do seem to be all about food don't they. Terry always feels he needs to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner on vacation...here at home he usually has coffee for breakfast and does not eat again until dinner(which by the time I get home from school and checking in on his elderly step dad is usually around 7pm...go figure)! We have only been to Callahan's one time but I too spent a long time just looking...Terry not so much...but it balances out when we spend hours in a hunting store for him. It sounds like your vacation was very relaxing, thank you for taking the time to write it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 pm 

Thanks all for your replies..

Today husband insisted on breakfast out. :shock: We went to the Springhouse in North Myrtle. 16.61 for 2. Rich had scrambled eggs, pancakes, suasage and hash browns and coffee. I had pancakes and scrambled eggs and water. Service was quick and efficient. Meals were very good.

About 10 o clock we went down to the beach. Sun never came out fully till about noon, but it turned out to be a beautiful day. We packed up about 3;30 to get ready for , guess what ? DINNER OUT.
(I am not stepping on that scale when I get home) Went to TGIF, had a gift card from a friend. Potato skins, ribs, potatoes and cole slaw for Rich, chicken and shrimp cajun pasta for me. also 2 drinks. Bill was 46.62. Service was efficient and meals were very good I know this is a chain restaurant but the closest one to our home is 1 hr away so we go here, why not?

Went t0 walmart then for pop and some snacks for the road home on Monday. We are traveling to Chimney Rock NC to visit then up the Blue Ridge Parkway and skyline drive where it ends in Front Royal Va. I have a book a maps of the parkway. Rich saw me circling all the stops I want to make and he said My God we're going to need another 2 weeks woman and you have to be back at work before that you know. For a few stops I picked he looked at the miles we covered and said that's only in 30 miles and you want that many stops? Guess we'll have to make them brief or give up a few. It will work out.

Can't believe a week is gone. Tomorrow is our 35th wedding anniversary. Husband says HE deserves a medal. Until tomorrow..........

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:38 pm 

Congrats on your anniversary. That's no small feat today. Did you get some jumbo to go with your pop?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:28 am 

HAPPY 35th ANNIVERSARY!!!! :wav: :wav:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:41 am 

Happy Anniversary :nanner: Hope you both have a wonderful day.

Cathy,

Make him buy you something nice :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:24 am 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

Vicki & Kay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:15 pm 

metric, no i didn't get jumbo to go with my pop but got ham instead.

Our last day here :cry: We went down to the beach about 10, very very windy, should we set up our canopy :???: We did. We saw one other one was up and a couple umbrellas. Set it up but it was just sooo windy we didn't trust it staying put. We always put stakes in the ground to secure it. We just watched it, the wind was really whipping. It was up about 2 minutes and we decided to take it down for safety sake. Didn't want it pulling out and hurting someone.

Too late :shock: :shock: The wind lifted it, stakes and all and overturned it. Another couple helped us gather it up and we put it all away. We then packed it in our truck. Returned to the beach until the sun got too hot without shade and headed up to the pool where Rich could have some shade. He lasted about one half hour then up to the room, i stayed at the pool until 4. Go figure not one other canopy overturned, just ours and we have a very sturdy one. Wasn't met to be I guess,

We then went to Greg Normans Grille for our anniversary, Rich's pick. He had a pork chop, some kind of potato and corn. I had the salmon seared, asparagus and rosetto.. Service was efficient, staff was friendly. We had iced tea and Rich had turtle cake. 71.26. Not cheap but the food was very good. This is a once in a lifetime meal I'm sure. The place just looks $$$$$$$$$when you walk in but it is fine dining.

Tonight we packed up most things and will leave tomorrow. May arrive home Thursday or Friday, traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway. Covering new territory tomorrow, I'm sure we'll be fighting over directions :lol:

Spoke to my mom tonite in PA, there was a frost there last nite :mad: Great!!Going home to cold weather already. This just puts me in a foul mood. It was a wonderful 10 days but why oh why do these days go so fast because they sure don't at work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:44 pm 

Glad you enjoyed your anniversary dinner. Safe travels home. I know you'll enjoy the Blue Ridge Parkway. Be sure to email us when you get back. We want to hear all about it.

Vicki & Kay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm 

Hey it is part of your trip just tag your Blue Ridge adventures here. I am sure we would love to hear about it.