Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SeaWatch Sept 14-24
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 pm 

Left PA at 5:20 am. Arrived arrived 7 pm. Made a quick stop for breakfast lunch gas rest areas. Traffic not too bad. Rich is exhausted. He won't let me drive. Us old folks got a few things from Walmart. Unpacked. Relaxing in front of tv.

This 13 hr drive is the last one. Us old folks should have drove it in 2 days like last year.

Anyhow we are here. Will put myself in the ocean tomorrow. Can't wait to see everyone.

Post subject: Re: SeaWatch Sept 14-24
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:29 pm 

Glad you had a safe trip. Sure wish I were there already :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:49 am 

Glad you made it safely!

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:59 pm 
Forum Support

Glad you and Rich made it safely! Can't wait to read your updates from your vacation this week! :nanner:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:48 pm 

Glad you arrived OK. We just can't do the one day drive anymore and are glad we stayed over in Cornelius, NC last night. Looking forward to seeing you on Monday!

Vicki & Kay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:23 pm 

Today I am refreshed. Slept in till 9 both of us, ate breakfast here in our room and then off to a WINGS store to get a beach chair. I got a chair and other items, the cashier put my items in a black bag with handle that had the writing WINGS on this bag. I thought how nice a free bag. When I went to our room and looked at the receipt she charged me for this 3.99 plus tax. She didnt ask if I wanted it and I thought it was free.

So beware if you go to WINGS if they do this to everyone most people probably dont know or do know later and dont go back to complain like me.

This was on 9700 block area of Myrtle Beach store number 8.

We went to the beach about 11 30m till abut 4 30. Beautiful day, sunny all day over the ocean. Just beachin it as Emmy explained in her posts. Go in water to cool off, get out, sit in sun, drink a cool drink, get too hot then sit under canopy then back in water. Then I take my chair to waters edge with a book while Rich sits under the canopy in shade and falls asleep (until a bird walked by him screeching and woke him up :lol: )

Went to Oscars , a STEELER sports bar in North Myrtle. Service was quick and efficient.I had a grouper sandwich with fries and cole slaw, Rich a burger, fries and coleslaw and 2 drinks. 22.70. The dinners were huge, we could have split a meal.

Browsed at Barefoot Landing, bought 8 sanddollars and 8 cards explaining the legend of the sand dollar for some ladies at my church for a church event we are having.

Just here relaxing now. It was really dead at Barefoot but the parking lot was packed.

Until tomorrow............

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:36 pm 

Dang, I hate that about the shopping bag! I know we got one when we were there, but the sign said "free for $50 purchase" and between all of us, it was over $50, but I didn't look at the receipt to make sure! Dag gone it, you're on vacation, you shouldn't have to worry about a MB store ripping you off! Even if it was only $3.99, it's still betraying
Okay, rant over... sorry! :oops:
Sounds like you had a great day besides that, so I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:26 am 

I am so with you on the two day trips, if only one person is driving. The kids and I made the trip in one day this year but we kept switching drivers. That makes it easy. There were three of us to drive. I am glad you made it fine and are now relaxing. Have nice vacation. These trip reports really make my weekends. I have never really noticed about the bags at WINGS but I will sure be checking now! Thanks for that info.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:37 am 

Cathy everything sounds just wonderful (except for the stupid Wings bag)!!!! So glad you and Rich made it safe. Enjoy and can't wait to read more!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:16 pm 

Glad to see that you made it down safely. Looks like lots of board members going to be in MB this week. Hopefully the weather cooperates for all of you. Have a great time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:14 pm 

Today the morning was cloudy/sunny. We went up to the Everything Under the Sun Indoor Flea Market in North Myrtle around the 800 block. Saw the ad on TV just decided to go and browse. I bought 2 large decorative flags , 1 for a gift, and 2 small flags and the pole for the ground for a small flag.

Rich bought 2 items. Prices are a little less than other places, flags were probably 8 to 10 dollars less than Kligs Kite store. I thought the store would be jam packed with items but it isn't. Purses, wigs, knives, jewelry, sports items. Not a big supply as advertised.

We then ate a quick lunch here in the room, grabbed towels and went in Lazy River. husband gets on tube or tries to and does a backward somersault off the tube into 3 feet of water :cry: Thought he hit head but no he's ok I think so far. Seems to be he's watching the STEELER football game.

After lazy river we sat by the pool, relaxing, he then returned to room after an hour he had to prepare for the football game. Dont know what he was preparing but he went up and I took my chair and book and cooler to ocean for 2 to 3 hrs. Come up, he's happy Steelers winning. Now just have to wait till game is over to go eat somewhere.

Having a good time I must say............ :nanner:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:36 pm 

( for those of you who don't know, shirtman from this board is my husband.)

Last night after the STEELERS won the game we went to the Golden Corral for supper, I know, a chain but we have near our home. Too much food to pick from.

Today, Monday, the day was mostly sunny again. We again went in the ocean. It was rough. Rich and I went in, in less than 1 minute as I was looking out over the ocean I saw this gigantic wave coming toward us. :shock: Rich managed to jump up and avoid getting knocked down but not me.

I tried but it knocked into me, and tossed me around and onto my stomach face down andI hit the bottom. I sure felt my suit being pulled off :shock: Didn't know which end to grab first my bottoms or my top. All I kept thinking was let me get these botoms pulled up and my top parts in place, didnt know what to grab first. I was just worried about giving people a real scare if I lost my suit. :oops: Thank goodness Rich was in the water, if need be he'd have to go and get me a towel to wrap in. I managed to get situated and all he did was laugh :lol: when I got up. I screamed well thanks for trying to help me or at least ask if I'm ok but he didn't. Lost my sunglasses which I usually don't wear them in the water but forgot I had them on.

After being on the beach for 4 hrs we got ready to go for dinner with Vicki (Mz Kitty) and her husband Kaye. We went to Angelos. First time I was there. Rich and I had the lasagna. We thought it was very good. Salad is unlimited and rolls and all was delicious. Rich had chocolate peanut butter pie loved it.The restaurant is nicely decorated. Our waitress was efficient and friendly.I really enjoy meeting with Vicki and Kaye we never run out of conversation.

Rich and I then went to BWAB to get some things, seasonings and rubs at the pepper palace. Got some taffy for my nephew and another pair of sunglasses for me.

Now us old folks are here relaxing. Until tomorrow..........

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

I was reading your trip report to Wally. We think you should return the bag to Wings with the receipt and say 'no thank you.' What a rip-off.

We were laughing out loud about your bathing suit malfunction! :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 pm 

I am enjoying tagging along and have to say the wipeout story was a good giggle. It sounds like you are having a good time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:32 pm 

I lost some prescription sun glasses in 2007 by a big wave. About a month ago I got some new prescription sun glasses. I love them. They look like the kind Horatio Cane wears on CSI Miami. I was out there today about up to my waist and remembered they were on my face. I got out of there and gave them to Lorraine before I lost them.

Can't wait to see you guys on Wednesday.

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort