Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:30 am 

If you haven't met Wally and patrish, you are missing something. once you've met them you have a couple friends at myrtle beach. Loved finding out how many places we'd all lived in and were familiar with. It was amazing! We didn't do too many things, just outlets, and shopping places. We went to Joe's crab shack and had crab nacho's which we'd never had. Loved it. Didn't get my Mussels diablo this time.. maybe next time. You'll love both dishes if you're into that type thing. Went to bonefish grill, and what can you say??? the food there is always great!. We had sea bass, and it was cooked to perfection. Of course, meeting up with Wally and patrish was the highlight of our trip to Sea captains house. The food there doesn't seem to change much, but then, when its good, they don't have to change anything! We all had flounder (I think..lol). But surprisingly, the thing that stands out the most with us so far as restaurants go, is "Drunken Jacks". We've wanted to go there for quite some time, but the reports, and reviews were half negative, & half bad. Take the same advice we did from those who posted it.. go there early, and off season!! We got there at 4:30 had a 5 min. wait, and got a table with a view of the inlet. Last time we were in that area we weren't impressed, but we didn't know the history. Once you know the history it changes your view point. We had the lobster tails since we were celebrating our 53rd anniversary. We've had lobster before, but never fresh.. that was some good eating! Wonderful time there.. friendly staff, and not rushed like some reports I've read elsewhere. We kept waiting for our check, and started wondering where it was, when here comes a group of servers carrying a cake with a candle in it, and singing happy anniversary, clapping..(you know the senario) It was very special. We don't do sweets, but we did eat a few bites, but you know, the thought meant a lot more to us then the dessert did. they invited us back next year for our 54th anniversary. We're gona make an effort to do it. Maybe we can meet up there with Wally and Patrish, and they can help make our next Anniversary even more special by just visiting with us. We didn't enjoy our trip to myrtle beach in may, but boy, this time it earned a 5 star rating.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:23 pm 

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing your trip with all of us. I enjoyed it!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:01 pm 

Awww...so glad you had a wonderful trip.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:22 pm 

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I hope one day we can meet Wally and Patrish too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:30 pm 

Sounds like you had a great trip. Well deserved as you have had some bad luck with that in the past. Meet-ups are the best! Mmmmmm Drunken Jacks. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:31 pm 

That was very nice getting the cake for you two. Congratulations on 53 yrs.

We celebrate 35 yrs on the 23rd of september.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:32 am 

Yes, congrats on 53 years! I am glad it was a good trip. We are supposed to have a harder winter here in Ohio than we did last year. Maybe good beach trips this year will carry us over through the winter months.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:19 am 

thanks folks,