Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Vacation continues
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:43 pm 

Such a great report...such a great vacation...sounds like you all are an awesome family! I loved every word...

Jo Ann

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm 

Sorry it took so long to post our last day... you know how it is, getting back into the routine, getting all the vacation laundry done, shopping for the weeks groceries, unpacking all the "stuff" and the new "stuff" you bought in MB...
So, we had to be out of our house by 10am, so it was cinnamon rolls for breakfast, clean up the mess, we turned in the keys, and went to Hudsons Flea Market. Gosh, it was HOT and HUMID and CROWDED... so we plowed through quickly and returned to our air conditioned vehicles (wooses that we are!)
Our tradition has been to play putt putt on our last day but as I mentioned, it was SO HOT!!! I couldn't breathe and the kids agreed that it was too hot for them too, so we decided to begin our trip back home.
By this time, it's probably 12:30, so we felt like hopefully we had missed the morning rush hour traffic leaving MB. And we were right! It was smooth sailing. We stopped after a few hours for a late lunch/early dinner. Then on to our son's house to unload the now famous corn hole boards and reload the "stuff" and on to our house.
Whew!
We had a great vacation. Just spending time with our sons and daughter (in law) was amazing and we made a lot of new memories together. So, we are already making plans for next year, a different house (with a hot tub) maybe in North MB, my HLSB is already planning another ring for my "other" ring finger with the Jeweler we worked with, and me? I'm just in awe of how blessed I am.
A special thanks to all who post here. I've been here for many years, (under a couple of other names and email addresses) and I have gleaned so much from the contributors, from restaurants to shows, from shopping to places to stay... menus, websites, and more. It's all here.
My family has even become more aware of how valuable this site is to me perhaps because of the many times I mentioned over the past vacation.
Blessings and hugs, Pearl :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Pearl, could you share the name of the pawn shop where the people were so nice to you and did such a good job with your ring?

The reason I'm asking (besides the fact that our members may be interested in this for themselves) is because my good friend Gail, here in Myrtle Beach, told me that someone told her that Dick's Pawn Shop in Surfside Beach did the best work of making new jewelry from loose gems, diamonds, gold etc. Gail took some diamonds set in old rings she did not wear anymore, and Dick's Pawn did a beautiful job of making her a new ring from her old gems and gold. I mean, this ring is simply breathtaking. She told me the best thing about it was that she saved about $900. by having the work done at Dick's rather than a jewelry shop.

Again, thank you for your trip report! Please don't be a stranger around her in the winter months. The numbers dwindle, but the "regulars" are around here all year, usually posting lots of off-topic information! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:47 am 

Patrish, I can't believe I did all that yacking and never said where! lol It was DICK'S SUPERSTORE, the jeweler was Chad and the Salesperson was Kelley. And I agree with the saving money... we saved around $600 on my hubby's ring and I guess maybe a little more than that on mine.
Thanks for calling that to my attention! I'm singing their praises from the rooftop around here! lol
As for hanging around, I'm guilty of "browsing" during the winter because I certainly don't consider myself to be a MB expert like the rest of you guys, but I've enjoyed so much being out here that I will stay and get to know you all better. Especially now that I've found the "new posts" button! lol
:beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:17 am 

Trying to show a pic of the famous tattoo...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88062121@N00